Fuck RnB

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thefool

Fuck RnB

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:51 am

It all sounds the same. Everything is over-compressed, over-bassy, and all RnB tracks since 2000 has basically the same sounds.
Timbalands greasy fingers just set the mark on all the other
producers. Besides its all mtv wrapped, and you don't even see the
artists often, just FACES and singers that don't have a fucking tone in
life anyway. And mtv is just a big money sucking machine, promoting the faces and not the artists!

free the music :p

:twisted:

fingerprince

Post by fingerprince » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:03 am

Yep
But its not reaally music anyway :)
*ducks

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:10 am

well the same applies to a lot of music styles nowadays, unfortunately.

Nod

Re: Fuck RnB

Post by Nod » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:11 am

thefool wrote:Timbalands thieving fingers
Interesting that in an age where the RIAA will attempt to prosecute dead grandmothers for file sharing that they can't nail what is essentially a publicly admitted copyright theft.
Besides its all mtv wrapped, and you don't even see the
artists often, just FACES and singers that don't have a fucking tone in
life anyway.

Oh they do have a 'tone' - that badly resynthesised 'glass' effect over 5kHz you get whenever anything is autotuned. Have you noticed now that up and coming young singers are actually naturally mimicking the autotune effect ie: no natural sliding into a note?
free the music
Indeed. Beyonce's unintentional stagedive notwithstanding... R&B might as well have died at Woodstock - because almost nothing since has ever even got close to Sly & The Family Stone's performance...

thefool

Re: Fuck RnB

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 am

edit: stupid forum erased my post

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:47 am

about timbalands thiefery, i find his respond funny.
Timbaland wrote:"It makes me laugh...The part I don't understand, the dude is trying to act like I went to his house and took it from his computer. I don't know him from a can of paint. I'm 15 years deep. That's how you attack a king? You attack moi? Come on, man. You got to come correct. You the laughing stock. People are like, 'You can't be serious.'"
words of a guilty man :)
Oh they do have a 'tone' - that badly resynthesised 'glass' effect over 5kHz you get whenever anything is autotuned. Have you noticed now that up and coming young singers are actually naturally mimicking the autotune effect ie: no natural sliding into a note?
Yeah. They probably just pick them for their looks.
Its funny though how much processing goes on. Their voices distort when they go high pitched, to make them stand out more and sound really powerfull. One like Freddie mercury needed no distortion to sound powerfull!

If they would just WRITE LYRICS OR COMPOSE MUSIC then.. Instead of just being faces.

So look counts over voice and talent?
Thats quite lucky for most of them faces (basically all in the RnB world that has their name stamped on a song)

R&B might as well have died at Woodstock - because almost nothing since has ever even got close to Sly & The Family Stone's performance...
Just had a listen and its allmost funk! I suppose this is around the roots of RnB hehe
But its not reaally music anyway
Don't duck, RUN!
well the same applies to a lot of music styles nowadays, unfortunately.
Its a bad thing. The creators, the creative and gifted people don't get in front but instead someone else does because they look pretty? Its the biggest joke in the world and it just makes me hate mtv even more :)

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 am

RnB? Its Great.

Greeeeaay eeyaaayy eyyaaay, yay yaaaate. Whoooaaaa, woowwwww, yeeeaahhhh!

**in an rnb style**

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:32 am

Haha :lol:
You sound really convincing!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 am

You know the great thing about musical freedom?

You have the right to listen to what you want to listen to, and if you choose, to be mature and open-minded enough to have the same respect for those whose musical tastes may differ from yours.

It's great to have a choice!

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am

Hambone, i know it sounds like im critizizing rnb as a total, but what really bothers me is the thing about the real musicians are hidden and there are just faces in front. I hear kids call rihannah a great musician, but she don't even write lyrics nor melodies. and probably have nothing to do with production either.

That is what bothers me, and i have no respect for such things. The RnB world is the most infected with this kind of thing, and thats why. They choose prettyness over voice even.

so quit bugging me with matureness allright?

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am

Many brilliant vocalists (and instrumentalists) now and throughout history have had nothing to do with writing lyrics or music, or production.

IMO, they're still real musicians with talent. Production is more or less an acquired skill.

Have you heard Rihanna sing unplugged? It's not my style of music, but nevertheless she's got a great voice.

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 am

Hmm. Production, yes. Good arrangements, beats, MELODIES is NOT.

What i mean is FINE they can sing, but why not give credit to the ones actually behind the stuff? She got the name on it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=70qN9DJfmJw
Personally i don't like it. She got a special voice, i admit that :)
But listening to someone like freddie mercury beside this is just another world! (i know he's a male. but still)

I find the voice too "eeee" get it?
besides i doubt thats unprocessed. I can't tell how much pitch correction is going in, probably none, though.

I just still think that songs created by great minds should not be tagged to somebody else.

Seyser Koze

Post by Seyser Koze » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:40 am

Who wuoldn't be proud to have written the lyrics to Shut Up and Drive?

Everybody now!

"I've got 7.3 on my 12.2s...etc.etc."

:D

actually, I quite like Rihanna...and her singings not bad either.

ytsek

Post by ytsek » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 am

I like RnorB.

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:56 am

nice wordplay ytsek hehe
Who wuoldn't be proud to have written the lyrics to Shut Up and Drive?
boriiiiing song!
actually, I quite like Rihanna...and her singings not bad either.
You - me.. outside. 5 mins?
well true, singing is fine. But if she would credit the authors too, i'd just have more respect.