[ot] Should I bother seeing Cloverfield?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sparklepuff
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:54 am
Location: Brooklyn

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:20 pm

I believe we'll get some answers about the monster in this new season of Lost. Or perhaps more questions.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Post by mikemc » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm

seems like it would be fun to attend a showing, if only to alarm fellow moviegoers with gurgly wretching sounds :D

nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 pm

sparklepuff wrote: _________________
Sparklepuff [noun]: A cigarette marketed towards the gay population.
Please change your signature to the following:

_________________
Sparklepuff [noun]: A FABULOUS cigarette marketed towards the gay population.
Image Image Image Image

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:23 pm

sparklepuff wrote:I believe we'll get some answers about the monster in this new season of Lost. Or perhaps more questions.
Whoa, that would be both exciting and piss me off, like we need Lost to go in yet another direction.

nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm

beats me wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:I believe we'll get some answers about the monster in this new season of Lost. Or perhaps more questions.
Whoa, that would be both exciting and piss me off, like we need Lost to go in yet another direction.
actually, if the monster came from the island, that would be pretty cool
Image Image Image Image

sparklepuff
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:54 am
Location: Brooklyn

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:45 pm

You guys tell me, did the monster in Cloverfield make that weird machinery sound as it destroyed my beloved NY?
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

kramerica
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:25 am
Location: Chicago

Post by kramerica » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:34 pm

nebulae wrote:
sparklepuff wrote: _________________
Sparklepuff [noun]: A cigarette marketed towards the gay population.
Please change your signature to the following:

_________________
Sparklepuff [noun]: A FABULOUS cigarette marketed towards the gay population.
:lol:
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:48 pm

sparklepuff wrote:You guys tell me, did the monster in Cloverfield make that weird machinery sound as it destroyed my beloved NY?
No, but one of the more disturbing moments was when it rebuilt the World Trade Center towers just to tear them down again. Done in very poor taste if you ask me.

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:53 pm

I saw a special on cloverfield and they talked about how they shot it with real hand helds - the guy (I guess it was like just one guy) was a pro at what he was doing so...

don't get me wrong I love movies but this one I'd pass

...I'd get a headache
Ableton | Elektron

Music

roby
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: CA, USA
Contact:

Post by roby » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 pm

beats me wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:You guys tell me, did the monster in Cloverfield make that weird machinery sound as it destroyed my beloved NY?
No, but one of the more disturbing moments was when it rebuilt the World Trade Center towers just to tear them down again. Done in very poor taste if you ask me.
now that's an evil monster.
kinda like if Lex Luthor had a kriptonite tooth and would smile at superman every once in a while just to see his reaction... man, what a buttfuck

sparklepuff
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:54 am
Location: Brooklyn

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 pm

roby wrote: man, what a buttfuck
I just love that name. Haven't heard that in a while.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:36 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
roby wrote: man, what a buttfuck
I just love that name. Haven't heard that in a while.
there are so many ways to go with this one...let me just think for a while and come up with the best one....
Image Image Image Image

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:42 pm

nebulae wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:
roby wrote: man, what a buttfuck
I just love that name. Haven't heard that in a while.
there are so many ways to go with this one...let me just think for a while and come up with the best one....
My cousin nicknamed his girlfriend fucker face, and I'm not talking behind her back or just in private. We'd be at parties and he'd yell out fucker face. He somehow made it sound cute. He's my hero. Try using that on your girl and let me know how that works out for ya.

Pickle Sprocket
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Juicy Land

Post by Pickle Sprocket » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Did he call her that because he liked to make love to her mouth with his man-unit?
I taste nice.

puRe
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:36 am
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by puRe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 pm

beats me wrote:Now, only if we could get that camcorder's battery in our laptops or cell phones.
One that works 74 minutes?
You see everything that camera recorded, at all other times it wasn't on (except when that guy played the tape) hence no battery drain... :)

Post Reply