Request - Give 2 responsible members mod rights.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm

and what's the freaking deal with distortion on every single synth music now-a-days is up to

damn, not everyone can be the next

digitalism/mstrkrft/justice/lcd soundsystem/boyz noize/simian mobile disco

damn

I guess if I want distortion-less music I should listen to more trance :(

see, that was quality off topic thread jackin ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

olio89

Post by olio89 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm

youve opened a can there

distortion sells

the kids love it

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Tone Deft wrote: where is that curry breathed ambulance chasing heathen?
I'm deeply offended by being called a heathen.

This thread needs to be nuked.

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:sure, but his humor is completely self absorbed, there's nothing to it than him shitting on other people, where's the fun in that?
Hmm, but depends on what you think is funny. And then there are the people who are shit on, some will laugh with Titbag cause we agree the people he has had a shit on are ... shit.
Its real world in here, we hate the people you love, you love the people we hate. Isn't that great.
Go and fuck yourself.
8)
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 pm

olio89 wrote:youve opened a can there

distortion sells

the kids love it
playlist for my next gig - D I S tortion ;)

Ableton | Elektron

Music

olio89

Post by olio89 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:11 pm

and now you become a superstar dj

isnt life sweet?! :D

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm

So if was to get serious for a second, we've got a troll-killer script in order to ignore people we don't want to see. Other forums have a script so that you have to type in a string of distorted text in order to get an account - this makes it hard for bots to auto-sign up. If the Abes implemented that and reduced the bots, what else do we need?

I've read this thread, and I see a lot of tangential discussions and what not, and I'm wondering if they can't mostly be solved with just some quick solutions.

I don't see any reason to carry on discussions of who should be a moderator or whether people on this forum are trustworthy, or any of the other stuff that's gone around in 10 pages.

Bottom line is that this forum is great because it's unmoderated. That should never change.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm

and now you become a superstar dj

isnt life sweet?! Very Happy
it'll be a lot sweeter when I log off 8O
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:15 pm

kineticUk wrote:Hmm, but depends on what you think is funny.
my sense of humor can get pretty twisted.
And then there are the people who are shit on, some will laugh with Titbag cause we agree the people he has had a shit on are ... shit.
sure, but that's either
- being too big of a pussy to do it yourself
- not knowing how to do it
- pure schadenfreude which leads to poo flinging anarchy and calls for moderation

Its real world in here,
omfg you need to get out more. that's the scariest thing I've read yet in '08.
we hate the people you love, you love the people we hate. Isn't that great.
what's this we vs. them thing? who's on your side? who's on my side? that's just lame. you're forgetting a VERY large third of that equation, people who don't give a fuck about any of it. isn't that what the site is about? that thing called Live? the whole point is to limit that kind of thinking.
Go and fuck yourself.
8)
like I said, I can't right now, I'm at work and don't want to loose two jobs from rubbing one out at work.

fuck you too. :D
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

olio89

Post by olio89 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
kineticUk wrote:
Its real world in here,
omfg you need to get out more. that's the scariest thing I've read yet in '08.
i think thats the scariest thing ive read this year too, and probably the funniest

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 pm

a lot of people call this place home as far as internet haunts go

some people use it strictly for information purposes

and to be fair, there's a shit load of helpful information on this forum and you honestly don't have to look that hard to find it

as far as this is the 'real world' - not so much

but in a lot of ways (kinetic has a point) the way a lot of people carry on on this forum on a regular basis can give you some insight into their real world experiences

sure, some people are confrontational by nature, others are goofy and could use a nice dose of reality and some are just too damn serious for anyones good but that's just the way it is out there in the real world

the difference is if in the real world we disagree we go our separate ways - on here you're bound to keep bumping into your arch nemesis unless you use the script you've already heard so much about

some of us (adamjay) took the high road and just split

or just ave up making music one <- but I doubt that...now I'm curious
Ableton | Elektron

Music

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:38 pm

:cry: I just wanna say how much I love you guys and say; Fuck you all. Really, go fuck yourselves "sniff" :cry:

( runs to room, cries into pillow overwhelmed with affection )

"If you love somebody, tell them to fuck themselves" - Sting

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 pm

nebulae wrote:So if was to get serious for a second, we've got a troll-killer script in order to ignore people we don't want to see. Other forums have a script so that you have to type in a string of distorted text in order to get an account - this makes it hard for bots to auto-sign up. If the Abes implemented that and reduced the bots, what else do we need?

I've read this thread, and I see a lot of tangential discussions and what not, and I'm wondering if they can't mostly be solved with just some quick solutions.

I don't see any reason to carry on discussions of who should be a moderator or whether people on this forum are trustworthy, or any of the other stuff that's gone around in 10 pages.

Bottom line is that this forum is great because it's unmoderated. That should never change.
I agree with you. Screw moderation, a captcha would eliminate the majority of the bots and whatever does slip through or is posted manually Ableton staff could deal with directly. Outside of the spam bot invasion the forum gets on just fine.

The troll killer script is way cool, unfortunately it only works on firefox and I'm in the habit of using safari. To tell the truth there is really only one clown on this forum that I find stupid and annoying enough to block, but he's not quite annoying enough to make me switch browsers.

Also it wouldn't work on bots as they are for the most part one post and gone forever. But again, if Ableton would take what, 10 minutes?, to implement some security measures then it really wouldn't be an issue so much anymore.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't seem forthcoming because apparently Ableton doesn't care enough to invest the time in this. I only say that because as many of us know this has been going on for quite some time and this isn't the first thread of this nature. Some sort of comment or acknowledgment from HQ would be appreciated by many of us I'm sure. Till then it seems to me that they don't really give a shit.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:11 pm

knotkranky wrote:I am honestly amazed on how well this forum self performs. Really, it's wonderful.

Or is it more like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbhRssQt ... re=related <--- Lord Of The Flies
does that make Timur Piggy?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 pm

I'm tired of seeing this thread on the front page,
can you wrap it up girls ??

thanks in advance
spreader of butter