All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:03 am 

Angstrom wrote:
well, there's still a bit of confusion here - " i really like being able to mix and match whether a clip is legato or not " . What's the problem ?

Drum rack clips can of course be legato mode. they are just clips, midi clips same as any other live clip ... the drum rack has no bearing on whether the clip is legato. If you want to be able to swap the clip 7/8ths of the way through then fine, you can totally do that - it just doesn;t matter that it is a drum rack.

a drum rack is an instrument. All you are doing is swapping the input, it cares not.

if you are asking whether the ride cymbal sample can be legato-ed to a kick drum then that is something else.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. All I would like to know is whether you can choose each "pad" in Drum Rack to be in clip legato mode or not. Legato mode being the ability to trigger a new sample which starts playing at the playhead position of the previous sample when the new sample was triggered. For people confusing this with "choke groups"/"mute groups"/pads cutting each other off, that is not what legato mode means.

LeifonMars wrote:
if you mean can you play individual samples/loops of the drum rack in legato mode, the answer is no.

So which is it? I'm seeing conflicting information from different people. Yes or no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:06 pm 

Quote:
So which is it? I'm seeing conflicting information from different people. Yes or no?

Sorry, if it got confusing. The ultimate answer to your question is no.

Post subject: Re: legato mode in drum rack?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm 

So there is actually no solution or work around since 2006, that's a shame, that will be wicked to have a legato mode in drum rack and then be able to configurate all your clips with differents setup (Pitch, filter LFO, Flanger Phase)! :-(

Maverick, Suite 9.1, Edirol FA101
CME VX5 , Axiom25
APC40/Push
MKXL
tregouetsylvain@yahoo.fr
http://soundcloud.com/dr_goldsylver-fastfinger

Post subject: Re: legato mode in drum rack?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am 

yes that would be a gain of space if you would be able to do it in rack, and more fun as you could tweak things live!

Maverick, Suite 9.1, Edirol FA101
CME VX5 , Axiom25
APC40/Push
MKXL
tregouetsylvain@yahoo.fr
http://soundcloud.com/dr_goldsylver-fastfinger