a small warning: AVOID SOUND CONTROL

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
telekom

Post by telekom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:58 pm

If you're in Glasgow (or even Scotland) I recommend RubADub in Glasgow. They are very nice blokes, offer good advice and good prices, know and love music and have a good range of music technology/dj stuff. No guitars, no Stairway. Bought my soundcard and monitors there and was very happy with everything. Plus you're supporting a grassroots small business - the RAD folk put on club nights, and know their stuff. You know it makes sense.
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

telekom wrote:If you're in Glasgow (or even Scotland) I recommend RubADub in Glasgow. They are very nice blokes, offer good advice and good prices, know and love music and have a good range of music technology/dj stuff. No guitars, no Stairway. Bought my soundcard and monitors there and was very happy with everything. Plus you're supporting a grassroots small business - the RAD folk put on club nights, and know their stuff. You know it makes sense.
Ditto ! ! :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Alright, but do any of these stores have a website that is dedicated to how much they suck? If you are in the US you can join the haters ball here.

http://www.guitarcentersucks.com

No explanation needed.

daniel_grieff

Post by daniel_grieff » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 pm

beats me wrote:Alright, but do any of these stores have a website that is dedicated to how much they suck? If you are in the US you can join the haters ball here.

No explanation needed.
Thats fantastic, I hope that tactic works. Even if it only saves one person its worth it. Seems to me these places are kind of like the tescos (walmart, USA?) of the music world, people only go there because theyre local and convenient.
Places like this 'RubADub' you speak of seem to be much more in line with the kind of people Id like to be giving my monies to. Ah, to have cottage industries in my town...

wilxon

Re: a small warning: AVOID SOUND CONTROL

Post by wilxon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 pm

TITBAG wrote:
wilxon wrote:
did you know that SOUNDCONTROL OWNS TURNKEY, and are equally as useless.
err YES I FUCKING DID TRY READING THE POSTS ABOVE YOU YOU BLIND WELSH FUCKTARD
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good job i know your kidding or id be offended.

I did post that before reading to the end of the topic.

Apologies
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 pm

+1 for dolphin , always has everything i want, and you can choose a delivery date and time scale!

also i like gear4music pretty much on a par with dolphin i find

and hit or miss htfr - the last 5 orders i have placed with them for equipment its been out of stock and ive either had to wait a few weeks or get an alternative thats always more expensive :( , so not good if you need something fast, but theyre competetive in price and very helpful people especially if you visit their store :) :) you can play for hours like a child in toysrus
Hear The Music, Feel The Music, Be The Music

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm always REALLY skeptical when buying anything (seriously!). I generally don't buy from high street retailers as they're either a) a bunch of couldn't-care-less, no-product-knowledge meat-puppets who only want some commission or b) far too pricey compared to their internet counterparts.

There's always the pros/cons when shopping online, but hell, it certainly makes it much less stressful AND you can make your own mind up without some dozy twunt going 'unh, yeur. you should, uh, get that one 'cuz it's the best' (meaning most expensive!).

I get all my drum sticks & guitar strings from some local stores as they generally cut me a deal on 5-or-so pairs. They know all too well that they're more pricey than alot of places, but they still do good business.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 pm

daniel_grieff wrote:
beats me wrote:Alright, but do any of these stores have a website that is dedicated to how much they suck? If you are in the US you can join the haters ball here.

No explanation needed.
Thats fantastic, I hope that tactic works. Even if it only saves one person its worth it. Seems to me these places are kind of like the tescos (walmart, USA?) of the music world, people only go there because theyre local and convenient.
Places like this 'RubADub' you speak of seem to be much more in line with the kind of people Id like to be giving my monies to. Ah, to have cottage industries in my town...
I've seriously called manufacturers directly to request a store within a 30 mile radius of me that sells their products that isn't Guitar Center. Somtimes I've traveled farther. I could walk to Guitar Center in 10 minutes.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 am

wilxon wrote:
TITBAG wrote:
wilxon wrote:
did you know that SOUNDCONTROL OWNS TURNKEY, and are equally as useless.
err YES I FUCKING DID TRY READING THE POSTS ABOVE YOU YOU BLIND WELSH FUCKTARD

Apologies
word up holmes i fully respect your gangsta

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:06 am

TITBAG wrote:
wilxon wrote:
TITBAG wrote: err YES I FUCKING DID TRY READING THE POSTS ABOVE YOU YOU BLIND WELSH FUCKTARD

Apologies
word up holmes i fully respect your gangsta
:wink: :D