Peter Hooks Fake DJing

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
olio89

Peter Hooks Fake DJing

Post by olio89 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:28 pm

from mr hooks myspace page blog - the video in question http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01g4XnC_qU

"http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/35 ... ng_exposed

Ah what a strange world we live in! this expose has appeared on An Australian website exposing me for the charlatan I am{sorry tim!} funny really its never the content that causes the damage, its like the PETER HOOK BLAMES BAND MATES FOR SPLIT! Headlines when you read the article I never did!

On this one PETER HOOK FAKE DJING EXPOSED! It shows a clip on YOU TUBE so out of context

,as they always are! The night was great the crowd was rocking ,why don't they show that instead of me? The most boring part? Im messing with the eq. on the desk , as taught to me by the great Arthur Baker, to emphasise rolls hand claps effects etc, then you sneak the bottom end out then bring it back in suddenly for added frisson.Shit he will kill me for telling you!

Funny really in the early days when people used to have to put the tracks on for me I didn't get exposed but now I do it myself? I get exposed, what a shock tho ,some djs play pre-recorded music???? My mate did the lights for a very famous English DJ, he was doing a three month tour of america and mimed to a 100,000 people a night! Just used a dat tape and just pretended to put the records on. Naughty boy! In my early days I would have chunks recorded max 11minutes now I do it myself I don't wear headphones cos I don't mix a lot! I edit the songs to start on the beat because I prefer it that way. I suspect that theres a little bit of bad blood goin down in OZ , I had a great time in PARKLIFE and had no complaints at all? But I had to pull another festival later, because id stupidly double booked it, my fault no one else's. I cancelled 5 months in advance but was amazed by the response as in you'll never play this town again to my mate works in Immigration your stuffed etc etc …………SO JACKT What you up to? Im flattered you think im important enough to expose, im sure we 'll bump into each other sometime, so I can explain ! In the meantime you've lost me 4 gigs, ah well at least it'll bring FREEBASS nearer! Love hookyx Have a watch!"

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:01 pm

poor guy...yet, I'd rather see him than see a BT DJ set...
Image Image Image Image

apalomba

Post by apalomba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 pm

Well, he certainly knows how to use that one knob.

lola

Post by lola » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:41 pm

People having a good time, would they have even a better time seeing him touching more knobs and faders?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:43 pm

apalomba wrote:Well, he certainly knows how to use that one knob.
yeah, well holding on to that knob helps him... stand.

The UBERape

Post by The UBERape » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:02 pm

I saw him do a set like that a couple of years ago. He even gave up the pretence that he was doing anything at one point and went to the front of the stage to shake peoples' hands, mid-set.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Machinate wrote:
apalomba wrote:Well, he certainly knows how to use that one knob.
yeah, well holding on to that knob helps him... stand.

:lol: :lol:
Image Image Image Image

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 pm

nice work if u can get it

olio89

Post by olio89 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 pm

i like the dances he does in that video - hillarious

the funny thing is, i cant hear much difference when he twiddles that one knob???

i read on another forum that theres youtube video evidence of him playing out a cd from the british magazine mixmag because you can hear a jingle in his set

i bet he gets paid ALOT for djing , well, playing a cd, tiwsting a knob and dancing like a baffoon

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 pm

i'd go just to see him dance

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Actually his dancing is EXTREMELY FUNNY just watch i cannot stop laughing i would pay for that too
Hear The Music, Feel The Music, Be The Music

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Yeah just holding his hands on THE knob, twisting it while jumping back and forth :P

Wow.. He just invented a new style! Impressive.

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 pm

3 Minutes 5 Seconds - that dance is my favourite - the angled knob tiddler

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hear The Music, Feel The Music, Be The Music

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:30 pm

At the end of the day, Hooky is a pretty sincere and down-to-earth guy, and I give him props for trying something out of his comfort zone. Gotto love it when he just lays himself out there, both on his blog and in his performances.

The day he embraces Live and starts doing live bass in his DJ sets, we're all gonna proclaim him a god...
Image Image Image Image

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:31 pm

What is the brand of the knob? It must be quite durable hehe