Go out and vote

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:06 pm

popslut wrote:
Jagermaestro wrote:For those of you "boycotting", you should still exercise your democratic right and spoil your ballot, rather than just not showing up.
Why?
Because it makes a statement, as opposed to not showing up at all.

FWIW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoilt_vote

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm

smutek you're usually on point but this is some whiny ass ignorance you're spouting.
smutek wrote:Typical response from a pseudo liberal.
I'd love to hear you back that up, what an ignorant asshole.
Hate to be a dick, but tone down your rhetoric and open your mind before you start telling me to "have some balls" and stop "whining". You know where I stand.
but your stance is "I don't like any of them" waaaaaaahhhhh. Righties are assholes but they know where they stand. IMO the undecided vote are the dumbest of the dumb. the country is incredibly divided right now, the issues are huge and the differences between parties is vast. it's all pretty black and white right now. you're just a victim of the talking head haters that you're letting do your thinking for you. yes, grow a pair, make a choice, stop your whining.
A decision to boycott an election is quite different than saying "oh my vote isn't heard" or not voting out of laziness. It's a conscious decision and one that takes more courage, thought and genuine insight than just voting for "whoever the dems throw up" IMHO.
bullshit, it takes a bong and a lazy motherfucker to sit on his ass and do nothing. it takes an arrogant motherfucker to call that some kind of political statement.

yes dumbshit, "whoever the dems throw up". I know you're not paying attention but there are next to no major differences between Hillary and Obama, it's more important to me that the democratic party pick the right person to scoop up the ignorant people like you, pick the best horse for the race. I listen to the Dem debates and pretty much agree with everything that's been said. they'll argue but over very small issues. I listen to the GOP debates and go running under the table in fear.
If it came down to it and I had my choice of Hitler, Stalin or Musolini I'd rather say that I choose none. An extreme example yes, but an example nonetheless.
what a stupid hyperbole. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:11 pm

smutek wrote:
popslut wrote:
Jagermaestro wrote:For those of you "boycotting", you should still exercise your democratic right and spoil your ballot, rather than just not showing up.
Why?

FWIW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoilt_vote
lmfao!!! you're in denial.

Darwin would be proud, the ignorant people have no voice in politics, so they're not counted, they're misrepresented and continue to be disenfranchised, swept under the rug and not listened to. way to go. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Wow, wasn't going to come out and say it, but you're pretty much a dick here lately. Not just here in this thread, in general.

I started to read your response but to be honest it truly isn't worth my time.

Go ahead and use the troll script to block me now.

Bye.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Ah... Time to whip out the old standard "wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

In Belgium its illegal not to vote. You get fined or in extreme cases jailed.
If they call you for vote counting, there's almost no way out of it. Though usually they got plenty of volunteers.
Sure, lots of people get away with not voting. But they don't act like its a statement. They just don't care.

"I didn't vote, high five"

- "Smack"

"What the hell? You broke my fudging nose"

The point of the prolonged elections isn't really about who gets to be president.
America just gets split up so people wont stand up together. We all know the lobbyists stay in charge.
Black / White / Liberal / Conservative / Republican / Democrat / Red / Blue /Christian / Jew / Yankee / Hillbilly /.....

Ugh.. Forget I said anything.
Go check the news for some info that literally comes out of a place called "The Spin Room".

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:34 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Ah... Time to whip out the old standard "wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

If they call you for vote counting, there's almost no way out of it. Though usually they got plenty of volunteers.
Sure, lots of people get away with not voting. But they don't act like its a statement. They just don't care.

- "Smack"

The point of the prolonged elections isn't really about who gets to be president.
America just gets split up so people wont stand up together. We all know the lobbyists stay in charge.
Black / White / Liberal / Conservative / Republican / Democrat / Red / Blue /Christian / Jew / Yankee / Hillbilly /.....

Go check the news for some info that literally comes out of a place called "The Spin Room".
Question, do you have an option for "none of the above" on your ballot?

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I agree, this is a very exciting election and I wish everyone who could would vote but...

I figure our parents parents were around for some exciting changes in the United States (MLK, the end of Jim Crow laws, etc etc) and our generation has seen nothing but crap

finally we're on the verge of something HUGE (a woman or african american can become president) and it's just exciting (to me at least) to say we saw this happen in our lifetime

maybe I'm being too cheesay about it but it means something to me

I just wish the vote wasn't so split in the black community. The black community loves the clintons but in my opinion that was the past - we need to look forward

^ I'm only talking to like 2 other people on the boards but yeah, that's an issue on that front
Ableton | Elektron

Music

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 pm

If i was an american and there was an african woman i would vote for her :lol:

popslut

Post by popslut » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 pm

smutek wrote:
popslut wrote:
Why?
Some fucking statement.

Tone Deft wrote:in fear.
Precisely.

popslut

Post by popslut » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:43 pm

djadonis206 wrote:(a woman or african american can become president)
No they can't.

A rich, white, middle-aged man in a suit.

Mark my words.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:49 pm

thefool wrote:If i was an american and there was an african woman i would vote for her :lol:
Something to think about

Obama is more AFRICAN AMERICAN than me

his dad is from Africa and his mom is American

my dad is from Mississippi

doh!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:53 pm

smutek wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Ah... Time to whip out the old standard "wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

- "Smack"

Question, do you have an option for "none of the above" on your ballot?
You can do a "blank vote", but then the vote automatically goes to the majority.
And its not like your elections. We got a choice out of multiple parties. All parties have a spending limit. Which means you don't have to be a rich person to run.
It also means that the chance that you like none of the above is pretty slim, though not impossible.
If you don't vote because you think there are no worthy candidates or you think its pointless, then you're playing right into the hands of the leading majority.

Also as a different perspective: I vote because there are people I don't want in charge.
A similar example would be if a Ku Klux Klan leader would run in America. Wouldn't you vote, just to make sure that the nutters and their parties don't get any places in the federal office?

The majority of America believes in the rapture. Are you sure you want that bunch to keep calling the shots? The fact that "Intelligent Design" is even accepted is beyond me.
I'm a Belgian but I'm an Earthling first and foremost.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:53 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
thefool wrote:If i was an american and there was an african woman i would vote for her :lol:
Something to think about

Obama is more AFRICAN AMERICAN than me

his dad is from Africa and his mom is American

my dad is from Mississippi

doh!
there's an aspect to that though where Obama's peers have been greaseball good ol' boy rich white men, the company that he's used to keeping are 'whiter' than anyone on this forum. Obama is no Jesse Jackson.

if I may skew what race means... which can be kinda dodgy.

at least he's no Romney, holy wonder bread.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:54 pm

popslut wrote:
smutek wrote:
popslut wrote: Why?
Some fucking statement.
Yeah, it is a drag. The difference would be saying "fuck you" to someone while you are alone at your house or going over to their place and saying it to their face.

From that wiki entry I linked:

"some voters will deliberately spoil their ballot paper to show disapproval of the candidates available whilst still taking part in the electoral process"

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:56 pm

hoffman2k wrote:You can do a "blank vote", but then the vote automatically goes to the majority.
wow, surprising answer. I guess that goes to keeping a wider margin in case the election gets close.

finding ways to keep people from voting is an old American tradition. I can't imagine it ever being mandatory, the people who could pass that legislation are the same ones who need it.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz