Go out and vote

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:I was actually hoping for a little debate as well :cry:
no you weren't, stupid cunt, what the hell are you talking about? FFS wtf is up with that?

;)



Re: the latino vote... there's an irony there, like the log cabin Republicans latinos often vote against their own interests. the reason being Jesus, many latinos are deeply religious and catholic at that.

"Cunt, the way your people use it"

- djadonis206
Ableton | Elektron

Music

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Tone Deft wrote: I disagree with ChiDJ but he's no cunt.
Sounds like a cunt to me.
ChiDJ wrote:<---------Long time Republican.

Why, because I vote with my wallet. I'm morally liberal, but fiscally responsible.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on the war in Iraq because I think my oil stocks can still climb higher.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:25 pm

popslut wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: I disagree with ChiDJ but he's no cunt.
Sounds like a cunt to me.
ChiDJ wrote:<---------Long time Republican.

Why, because I vote with my wallet. I'm morally liberal, but fiscally responsible.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on the war in Iraq because I think my oil stocks can still climb higher.
I only judge people on their actions here, not their ideologies. if someone is cool and respectful that goes a long way for me. MANY of us act out, use constant profanity, rip apart other peoples' posts and get aggro. it's the few people who don't do that who absolutely get my respect. people shit on me for giving props to M Breqs, but he's a nice guy with thought out view points, which I appreciate. he can debate for PAGES with you fucks and not lose his cool, that's f-ing impressive.

if it was real life I probably maybe couldn't finish a beer with ChiDJ saying shit like that without me walking away pissed off. can't say, never met the guy.

yes, the quote above is some fucked up viewpoints but guess what? it's a public, WORLDWIDE open forum, not everyone is going to think like you do (thank god.) you shouldn't go about hating everyone who's not like you.

I love it when people disagree with me, it's a chance for me to learn and maybe grow.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:29 pm

I've also noted in my travels throughout time and space people with money don't typically talk about it or boast about how much they're making in a public forum. It's tacky.

The people who do - are well, 'cunts' ... for lack of a better word

:oops:
Ableton | Elektron

Music

icedsushi
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:36 pm

Post by icedsushi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 pm

smutek wrote:Obama took Maine. Usually a good sign. Sometimes.

Or is that in the actual presidential elections?

I think if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination I will cry.

How could they possibly be "neck in neck"?


:?
Because of people (like you :wink:?) who like Obama better than Hilary, but don't vote out of principal?

:wink:

Unfortunately and ironically, I think the non-voters (who don't vote because they think any of the candidates meet their highest standards), can end up swaying the election away from who they thought would have been the most favorable (or least unfavorable) candidate. And then they end up being surprised (and disappointed) when the candidate they found as being the least favorable ends up winning!

So why cry or be surprised if Hilary wins? If thousands of think the way you do and don't vote, it should be no surprise.

So I'm basically saying the same thing as forge...

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Tone Deft wrote:stuff
So they advocate tipping white phosphorous munitions onto the heads of unsuspecting civilians in the name of financial expediency or propagating their bankrupt ideology, but you respect them because they're polite on a web forum?

Tell you what - you continue to reward these ugly-headed fucks with your undying respect and I'll continue to call them cunts.

ChiDJ
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:59 pm
Location: CHick-A-Go!
Contact:

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:13 pm

Good research popper. 8)

But, you're the last person I would expect to not detect my sarcasm.

I'm calling this election how I see it.

Not how I want it. This is a greedy, dirty, duplicitous system. I didn't make the rules.

I just know how to work em' 8)

It's gonna change. But not in my lifetime.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Image

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:09 pm

popslut wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:stuff
So they advocate tipping white phosphorous munitions onto the heads of unsuspecting civilians in the name of financial expediency or propagating their bankrupt ideology, but you respect them because they're polite on a web forum?
yeah, well, I'd like to tip white phosphorous munitions on you does that alone make me a bad person? :P <----- ;)

the forum can get to a point where it's just people like, say TITBAG who just troll to piss people off, it's lame, childish, pointless and nothing I want to read. now to read from someone like Breqs (sorry to pick on you) who's views are OUT THERE but thought out, that's interesting.



djadonis206 wrote:I've also noted in my travels throughout time and space people with money don't typically talk about it or boast about how much they're making in a public forum. It's tacky.
yeah, that was pretty dumb to write, GOP cockyness.

I read that and took ChiDJ to be the fiscal kind of Republican, a really creepy type of Republican. I once talked to a republican woman with though out views. after some pro-choice debate I asked her if she valued her wallet over her reproductive rights, she said yes and meant it. holy f-u-c-k!! do I hate that person? hell no. do I want to grab a few drinks with her? hell no.

there are people who will vote simply based on money, or Jesus, or killing muslims, they're out there. I think it'd suck if all us liberals chatted away on here agreeing how great we all are. let's get some diversity.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Perhaps the days of a good ole flame war are long

we've all grown up. I'm 5,000 posts deep into this board and I feel different.

or - this is just something people either agree on or don't agree on

but the fact remains - this country needs a major face lift. The world is ready!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
the forum can get to a point where it's just people like, say TITBAG who just troll to piss people off, it's lame, childish, pointless and nothing I want to read.
Give me TITBAG over Breqs any day. TITBAG knows he's taking the piss but also makes some very pertinent points, albeit in a peculiarly abrupt manner. Maybe it's a Brit thing but I find him very amusing when he's not pretending to have invented hip hop.

Breqs, on the other hand, is just plain creepy. He comes over like somebody who read a copy of Mein Kampf at the age of 17 and went all starry eyed.

let's get some diversity.
Fuck diversity. Let's call a cunt a cunt.

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 pm

ChiDJ wrote:Good research popper. 8)

But, you're the last person I would expect to not detect my sarcasm.
Internet forums are notorious for failing to convey sarcasm satisfactorily. I accept that the post I quoted was made in a spirit of facetiousness.

You're still a cunt though - by definition - for voting republican.

I'd have thought somebody who was "morally liberal" would have been horrified by your country's disastrous foreign policy, and its illegal and poorly executed wars which have resulted in hundreds of thousands of agonising but unnecessary deaths.

I'd also have thought that a "fiscal conservative" like yourself would be furious at the way your government has decimated your currency, cranked your national debt up to $9 trillion and dragged your once booming economy into a recession.

Either you're full of shit or you're really not paying attention.

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 pm

djadonis206 wrote:The world is ready!
I, too, admire your enthusiasm, and just for the record, despite everything I've said, I sincerely hope your man wins.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 pm

:lol:

yeah TITBAG is funny because he's consistant

whatever the ins and outs, if Obama wins I'll feel pretty good

I just find I cant quite allow myself to believe he will

Popslut's 'Diebold' point is a strong one

and @ Adonis - I think it's brilliant what you're doing and hope you are right, but something about what you said there strongly reminded me of the day of protests before the war where something like a million marched on London and they were saying maybe up to 2 million rallied on hyde park - my mum came back talking exactly like you do - empowered that so many people were out in droves - there had never been anything like it in British history, even old grannies at the rally with 'not in my name' signs

but I watched the whole thing on telly with contrasting images of Tony Cunt saying "fuck em we're doing it anyway"

that was the final nail in the coffin of democracy for me then

but the recent Australian elections have made me feel better, and if Obama wins that would be meaningful

but I suppose the scary thing about Obama winning might be that it tells us all those people actually really did vote for bush! 8O

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 pm

forge wrote:yeah TITBAG is funny because he's consistant
:roll: if the whole forum acted like titbag this place would be an insufferable bore. seriously, the guy's a simpleton. wanna see me play his lame game? it's easy. he's trying to be more relevant lately but there's nothing to comment on.

my $0.02, at least people are getting along.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:44 pm

icedsushi wrote:
smutek wrote:Obama took Maine. Usually a good sign. Sometimes.

Or is that in the actual presidential elections?

I think if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination I will cry.

How could they possibly be "neck in neck"?


:?
Because of people (like you :wink:?) who like Obama better than Hilary, but don't vote out of principal?

:wink:

Unfortunately and ironically, I think the non-voters (who don't vote because they think any of the candidates meet their highest standards), can end up swaying the election away from who they thought would have been the most favorable (or least unfavorable) candidate. And then they end up being surprised (and disappointed) when the candidate they found as being the least favorable ends up winning!

So why cry or be surprised if Hilary wins? If thousands of think the way you do and don't vote, it should be no surprise.

So I'm basically saying the same thing as forge...

Never said I don't vote. Said I was considering not voting.

What I did say for certain was that I will not vote in the primary. Considered voting in the primary for a minute then checked some facts on some issues that I hold close and decided I couldn't cross the line I had drawn for myself.

I don't think I am setting the "highest standards" either. All I ask is:

1.) Don't have AIPAC shoved so deeply up your ass that you need to call Ehud Olmert before you take a shit.

2.) When Israel decides to rain fancy American made clusters of bomblets onto densely populated areas for 33 days don't stand up in congress and hu-rah your support.

3.) When hu-rahing your support don't add insult to injury by praising Israel's "long standing commitment to minimizing civilian casualties" (read Israel's commitment to murdering less innocent people while committing war crimes) when the exact opposite is currently and has always been true.

4.) Don't be a warmonger and don't say the typical things warmongers are fond of saying like, "no option off the table with regards to Iran".

5.) Leave Iran the hell alone for gods sake. Open a dialogue.

So there are 5 things that are really important to me. Crazy I know, it's a big country here in a bigger world, and with all of the issues to choose from I chose those 5.

Yes.

Those 5 are really important ones to me. 1 is the most important for me because without #1 #'s 2-5 would probably be a non-issue. I'm willing to compromise and be open minded on a lot of things, except those.

And only to an extent. I'd be understanding of a bit of AIPAC pandering on Obama's part, because realistically what American can become president if AIPAC isn't behind them? But 2 and 3, a direct endorsement and show of support for murder and indignity visited upon an entire country.

No.

Anyone who endorses such a thing will never have my vote. Obama took part in that vote and voted yea. Now that's just me. I made a commitment to myself in July of 2006 and I will not break it.

If those are insanely high standards than so be it. Also, should mention that 2 and 3 were the primary reason why................

I'm no longer a Democrat.

Ok.

Technically I am, but only because I have not had time to go down and change party affiliations, but yes I am abstaining from voting in the primaries based on my principles and the fact that I no longer consider myself a Democrat.

You can bet your arse I will be voting in November though.


:wink:
Last edited by smutek on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply