Go out and vote

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tone Deft
Posts: 23900
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:54 am

forge wrote:so who will be vice pres? I dearly hope not that Huckabee fruit cake
I'd heard on some talking heads show that if McCain picked Condi Rice he could address the issues of Hillary's lack of a penis and Obama's skin as far as diversity issues go with candidates. just something I heard, FWIW.

who knows, often they pick a governor you hadn't heard of. Jeb Bush anyone? (hell no!)

do you think it could be Barack/Clinton 2008? Who would Obama choose for Vice pres?
maybe, or Edwards to get the democratic vote in the south, which is a hard vote for democrats to get. the south has been GOP for decades, but still the biggest recipients of national healthcare. that was the thinking back when Kerry chose him as VP.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 am

Tone Deft wrote:
forge wrote:so who will be vice pres? I dearly hope not that Huckabee fruit cake
I'd heard on some talking heads show that if McCain picked Condi Rice he could address the issues of Hillary's lack of a penis and Obama's skin as far as diversity issues go with candidates. just something I heard, FWIW.

who knows, often they pick a governor you hadn't heard of. Jeb Bush anyone? (hell no!)

do you think it could be Barack/Clinton 2008? Who would Obama choose for Vice pres?
maybe, or Edwards to get the democratic vote in the south, which is a hard vote for democrats to get. the south has been GOP for decades, but still the biggest recipients of national healthcare. that was the thinking back when Kerry chose him as VP.
I dont know anything about Edwards but from his picture I'm kind of surprised he's not the main dude - he looks like a hollywood president

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 am

popslut wrote:
John Howard was absent.
Cunt.
+1

Tone Deft
Posts: 23900
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:11 pm

forge wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
forge wrote:so who will be vice pres? I dearly hope not that Huckabee fruit cake
I'd heard on some talking heads show that if McCain picked Condi Rice he could address the issues of Hillary's lack of a penis and Obama's skin as far as diversity issues go with candidates. just something I heard, FWIW.

who knows, often they pick a governor you hadn't heard of. Jeb Bush anyone? (hell no!)

do you think it could be Barack/Clinton 2008? Who would Obama choose for Vice pres?
maybe, or Edwards to get the democratic vote in the south, which is a hard vote for democrats to get. the south has been GOP for decades, but still the biggest recipients of national healthcare. that was the thinking back when Kerry chose him as VP.
I dont know anything about Edwards but from his picture I'm kind of surprised he's not the main dude - he looks like a hollywood president
when Edwards was in the race in '04 the GOP (after he dropped, Kerry picked him as VP) labeled him as a guy who made his money as an ambulance chasing lawyer taking on injury cases for obscene amounts of money.

he's a southern gentlemen type from North Carolina, first in his family to go to college. he became on the big shot lawyers in his state and is generally considered to be a candidate who looks out for the well being of people, very socially responsible democrat. lately his wife came down with breast cancer and they've been dealing with that.

my $0.02, I didnt' research any of the above, it's just opinion and scattered memories from a cobwebbed brain.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

Angstrom
Posts: 14705
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Angstrom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 pm

forge wrote: I dont know anything about Edwards but from his picture I'm kind of surprised he's not the main dude - he looks like a hollywood president
in Malcolm Gladwell's book "Blink" he makes reference to a previous US prez - Warren Harding
wikipedia wrote: In his book, Blink, Malcolm Gladwell became the latest of a long string of political pundits and ordinary voters who felt that Warren Harding's electoral success was based on his appearance, essentially that he "looked like a president". Gladwell argues that people's first impression of Harding tended to be so highly favorable that it gave them a fixed and very high opinion of Harding, which could not be shaken unless his intellectual and other deficiencies became glaring. Gladwell even refers to the flawed process by which people make decisions as 'Warren Harding Error.'
Harding himself is quoted as saying "I am not fit for this office and never should have been here."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_G._Harding
Image

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 pm

This is soooo exciting!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

dcease
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:43 am

Post by dcease » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
forge wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: I'd heard on some talking heads show that if McCain picked Condi Rice he could address the issues of Hillary's lack of a penis and Obama's skin as far as diversity issues go with candidates. just something I heard, FWIW.

who knows, often they pick a governor you hadn't heard of. Jeb Bush anyone? (hell no!)

maybe, or Edwards to get the democratic vote in the south, which is a hard vote for democrats to get. the south has been GOP for decades, but still the biggest recipients of national healthcare. that was the thinking back when Kerry chose him as VP.
I dont know anything about Edwards but from his picture I'm kind of surprised he's not the main dude - he looks like a hollywood president
when Edwards was in the race in '04 the GOP (after he dropped, Kerry picked him as VP) labeled him as a guy who made his money as an ambulance chasing lawyer taking on injury cases for obscene amounts of money.

he's a southern gentlemen type from North Carolina, first in his family to go to college. he became on the big shot lawyers in his state and is generally considered to be a candidate who looks out for the well being of people, very socially responsible democrat. lately his wife came down with breast cancer and they've been dealing with that.

my $0.02, I didnt' research any of the above, it's just opinion and scattered memories from a cobwebbed brain.
you are right. regardless of what i say, we are watching the elections closely. wifey liked him a lot, for a republican. i don't think she cares about party, she thought he was sincere. let down that he dropped out, she'll def vote dem now. i am also suprised he didn't do better, he does look like a "hollywood president", but maybe that's just it, hollywood presidents are always like the IMAGE of reagan... he is probably too boring. america wants an exciting president.

by the way, caught hillary's new paid for by her, this morning during the news. oh boy. circus should get underway real good now. i really don't understand the reason behind the commercials, they always come off extremely unnatural, and contrived. makes me dislike the canidates even more...

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:31 pm

The commercials are cause she's in your backyard

same thing happens from state to state

You're like, watching Lost, and then, "what's this" a Hillary Clinton commercial, "curious"
Ableton | Elektron

Music

dcease
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:43 am

Post by dcease » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 pm

djadonis206 wrote:The commercials are cause she's in your backyard

same thing happens from state to state

You're like, watching Lost, and then, "what's this" a Hillary Clinton commercial, "curious"
makes me want to wait for the dvds/itunes, like the first two seasons=)

y'all should see the commercials here. this state is so full of itself. i've been around the country, and seen 'em in many states, and tex commerchs are soooo retarded. i mean, have any of you seen the wyoming edition of the ford f-150? wtf? tex this tex that, hell they have texas memorabilia stores in every mall. all of 'em i've been in, anyway. i would leave, but, well, i belong in the sinkhole of the universe.

and i bet gw is loving how everyone jumped on his nuts with the i approved this crap. i remember him using it when he "ran" for gov... did arnold use it? bet it would sound funny...

dcease
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:43 am

Post by dcease » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:53 pm

i'm going to protest the vote!

Post Reply