Is there a way to 'render-to-disk' with Rewired tracks?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:38 am

When I do sessions with my artist, I burn them a copy of what we've done even when it's not finnished. Most of the track I do in Reason and the Vocals I do in Live......I like to go back and touch up the track on a later day.

Now I save the reason track with the same name as Live. then render the reason track and bring it into Live as a wav file to render it all together. That gets to be a pain in the butt when I start rewireing individual track into Live (Lives compressors are a million times better).

forge

Re: Is there a way to 'render-to-disk' with Rewired tracks?

Post by forge » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:08 am

Willyum wrote:When I do sessions with my artist, I burn them a copy of what we've done even when it's not finnished. Most of the track I do in Reason and the Vocals I do in Live......I like to go back and touch up the track on a later day.

Now I save the reason track with the same name as Live. then render the reason track and bring it into Live as a wav file to render it all together. That gets to be a pain in the butt when I start rewireing individual track into Live (Lives compressors are a million times better).

Render just does the whole master output, but if you want to just render a rewire track alone (assuming to render would be quicker than just recording it) I think you just solo it and select the empty space in the arrange window for that track - you have to select the length you want to render, so i guess it doesn't even need to be empty space if your track is soloed, could just select the range....but I could be wrong, I normally only use rewire for creating smaller sections or loops so I just record it straight in as clips

If you want FX you could also just record the master out on a track

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:59 am

Ummmm.......Ignore this post.....I have no Idea what I was doing differently before, but now it's working just like I needed it to.

sorry!