Bug fix update Live 7.0.2 is available!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
kleine
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:46 am
Location: ableton
Contact:

Re: Install Question

Post by kleine » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Newport wrote:Currently I have Live 6 and held off installing Live 7.

Do I need to install Live 7 before installing the new Live 7.02, or can I just install the update.

Thanks
Hello,

You can directly install Live 7.02

Best,
C. Kleine
support@ableton.com

Hervé
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 am
Contact:

Post by Hervé » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Just finishing a 3 hours session with no problems...nice ! thanks

arkoenig
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: New Jersey USA
Contact:

Post by arkoenig » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

jazzmattezz wrote:is the MPD 24 supported now? I´m at work right now, so I can`t check that, but it really interests me. I read that the MPD 32 is supported now.
I just checked -- no MPD24 support. :cry:
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

HydroSonic
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by HydroSonic » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Drum Rack Support for Korg KONTROL49 & microKONTROL.
Great! Looking forward to try this :)

jazzmattezz
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Düsseldorf

Post by jazzmattezz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:14 pm

arkoenig wrote:
jazzmattezz wrote:is the MPD 24 supported now? I´m at work right now, so I can`t check that, but it really interests me. I read that the MPD 32 is supported now.
I just checked -- no MPD24 support. :cry:
thx!

that`s really bad!! A few weeks ago I called Ableton and they said that they are workin on it.. grrr.. :evil: :cry:

arkoenig
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: New Jersey USA
Contact:

Post by arkoenig » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:19 pm

jazzmattezz wrote:
arkoenig wrote:
jazzmattezz wrote:is the MPD 24 supported now? I´m at work right now, so I can`t check that, but it really interests me. I read that the MPD 32 is supported now.
I just checked -- no MPD24 support. :cry:
thx!

that`s really bad!! A few weeks ago I called Ableton and they said that they are workin on it.. grrr.. :evil: :cry:
I imagine they are.
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

arkoenig wrote: I imagine they are.
Imagine there's no stable release
It's easy if you try
No bug-ridden piece of shit below us
Above us only pristine performance
Imagine all the people
Live-ing for today...

Imagine there's no audio glitches
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to swear or start threads for
And no bugs & problems forum too
Imagine all the people
Live-ing life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no audio drop outs
I wonder if you can
No need for tonnes of RAM or dual-cores
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
spreader of butter

Coupe70
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am
Location: Mainz / Germany
Contact:

Post by Coupe70 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:41 pm

has there ever been such a long changelog with bug fixes ?
seems like the abes did a great job on 7.02, BUT:
i think it is more than clear now that Live 7 was far from
ready for release with 7.01...
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

Alex
Posts: 4006
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:07 pm
Location: Ableton Headquarter

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:00 pm

has there ever been such a long change log with bug fixes ?
Yes and no :)
In previous releases we would not have publish a change log on that detailed level. So it is hard to compare to the change log of previous versions.
Not to forget that some of these bugs we fix in Live 7 would be (unfortunately) still present in previous Live versions.


Regards,
/Alex

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:02 pm

arkoenig wrote:
jazzmattezz wrote:
arkoenig wrote: I just checked -- no MPD24 support. :cry:
thx!

that`s really bad!! A few weeks ago I called Ableton and they said that they are workin on it.. grrr.. :evil: :cry:
I imagine they are.
No need to imagine: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82431

They're waiting for you ;)

mr.adl
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by mr.adl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 pm

So, as Live 7 runs stable on my computer, i want to uninstall Live 6 but i always got the message that INSTALL.LOG could not be opend.
Always had this problem before,for example when i wanted to uninstall previous versions of Live 6.0.10 (6.0.3 etc...)

What am i doing wrong?
Anybody has the same problem?

Only way to get rid of is to delete the whole folder :(

I am on PC so i´d rather had a clean uninstall.

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:37 pm

it's a good idea not to delete old versions....
spreader of butter

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 pm

b0unce wrote:
arkoenig wrote: I imagine they are.
Imagine there's no stable release
It's easy if you try
No bug-ridden piece of shit below us
Above us only pristine performance
Imagine all the people
Live-ing for today...

Imagine there's no audio glitches
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to swear or start threads for
And no bugs & problems forum too
Imagine all the people
Live-ing life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no audio drop outs
I wonder if you can
No need for tonnes of RAM or dual-cores
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
:lol:
that's optimism not even John Lennon could buy into.


thanks for the update Abes, can't wait to try it!!

of course I'll still be stopping by the store tonight to pick up another Gig of RAM.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Timur
Posts: 2203
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Timur » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Alex wrote:In previous releases we would not have publish a change log on that detailed level. So it is hard to compare to the change log of previous versions.
I am glad that you are doing this now!
Not to forget that some of these bugs we fix in Live 7 would be (unfortunately) still present in previous Live versions.
Does that mean that all bug-reporting for Live 6 can be stopped because these wont be fixed anymore?

Thanks and best regards!

swett
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Costa Rica/ Oregon

Post by swett » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:26 pm

So, this is my first live update. Does one install it over 7.0.1, same folder?

Post Reply