French B**tards

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
cyclyk
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:29 pm

Post by cyclyk » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:37 am

Peeddrroo well done
I'm french too as i said above
I find this thraed very interesting, waiting for the beta and I'm happy to read all your thoughts.
Assholes are international
And I'm sorry to see that such ideas (Ryan...) still exist today.... how can the world turns good if even on a music forum, nationalism comes out....
it's a stupid and simplistic idea, but we are all human beeings, and "nationality" don't meen anything.
Peace

Guest

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:04 pm

cyclyk wrote:Peeddrroo well done
I'm french too as i said above
I find this thraed very interesting, waiting for the beta and I'm happy to read all your thoughts.
Assholes are international
And I'm sorry to see that such ideas (Ryan...) still exist today.... how can the world turns good if even on a music forum, nationalism comes out....
it's a stupid and simplistic idea, but we are all human beeings, and "nationality" don't meen anything.
Peace


so french people can call american's "fat fucks" in this thread but americans can't respond at all--thats hypocritical. And though I don't agree with all that he said, I for one had a grandfather crippled at Normandy, surely many other americans grew up without fathers and grandfathers because they died saving western Europe. Say what you want about our government and country, but at least respect those whoe died saving yours, and their anscestors.

cyclyk
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:29 pm

Post by cyclyk » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:15 pm

Say what you want about our government and country, but at least respect those whoe died saving yours, and their anscestors.
that's exactly what I've done, and I did not insult anyone. I want respect on both side.
Guest, my entire family comes from Normandie, so I know what you're talking about.
:) 8)

Guest

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:35 pm

americans are slim

the fact that they have the highest rate of obesity in the world means nothing - that's just made up by europeans

duh!

fatties

mosca

Guest

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:50 pm

yeah, but do you really think you are reaching any american "fat fucks" on this thread--I tend to think not. And by the same token that not ALL french people are snobbish assholes, not all americans are "fat fucks" (though the ratios may be different)

Frenchie

Post by Frenchie » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:26 pm

Benshik ul wrote:Up here in Moscow, the Russians consider THEY crushed Hitler, which is partly true. he was actually squeezed between the Soviets and the Allied, and both Americans and Russians in their blind patriotic propaganda pretend they won the war while totally ignoring what the other did...
and now Cow Boy Ryan comes with a statement meaning:
"France doesn't have the right to disagree in anything we say because we saved it in WWII"
Stupid and childish. Pedro t'as parfaitement raison with the lafayette thing, but what are we gonna do, count the number of times we helped each other in the last 400 years? The winner will have supreme authority on others?
Even if France would have been of no help to the US, it has the right to have an opinion. Does it? Or to express yourself in the world you need to save a few countries? Should the whole third world shut the fuck up because the US and the EU give them money? Did the US liberate France for it's own good, or to dominate it, to get a grip on it and to confine it into silence and servility? If the US helps the world in order to buy their silence, then your whole "freedom" and "democracy rhetoric" falls into pieces, and hopefully your arrogant empire will do the same soon. Fuck you Ryan and FUCK BUSH
PS: there are lots of cool people in the US but their image is tarnished forever by these fuckers (image tarnished forever, strangely these words remind me Beckham last saturday ) :D
Absolutely!

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:yeah, but do you really think you are reaching any american "fat fucks" on this thread--I tend to think not. And by the same token that not ALL french people are snobbish assholes, not all americans are "fat fucks" (though the ratios may be different)
the fat fucks comment was a response to ryan if i recall.....


anyway the whole argument is beyond ridiculous - so you had a grandfather crippled at Normandy, well if you really want to start arguments based on such stupid things ask Benshik to tell you all about what the Russians had to endure in detail - the non fighting Americans were on a whole different continent safe from the world, it was only American soldiers who suffered in that war

God I can't even believe I've been drawn into this.

I posted the football thread because I was stunned by the last minute french victory right when it happened and look where we've ended up???

Guest

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:46 pm

Please everyone, don't watch the match tonight!!


Just joking :oops:

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:Please everyone, don't watch the match tonight!!


Just joking :oops:
that's almost looking like a good idea :?

peeddrroo
Posts: 4767
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: France

Post by peeddrroo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:04 pm

goddam, this beta aint here yet, still have to argue...
so firstly i didn't call anyone "fat fuck", i was just refering to a preceiding post. i wouldn't swear at anyone, we're supposed to be gentlemen (i wouldn't like ableton to be ashamed of us).

on an historic point of view, as Benshik wrote, the world won't improve if everybody counts who helped who and when. sometimes, you can help a friend and don't expect anything in return. maybe he will even turn his back on you if he thinks you're wrong. and that'll be ok.
nobody in france will ever forget the people who gave their lifes for our freedom. but that's not a reason to go and kill innocent people for oil because of the spirit of some people ancestors.

to finish, england was ok today. still not very good but at least they won. france was... sigh... SCARY! we almost got the famous 93th minute goal against us... this competition is becoming interesting, isn't it?
and i quite enjoy geopolitics a la ableton!

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 pm

peeddrroo wrote:goddam, this beta aint here yet, still have to argue...
so firstly i didn't call anyone "fat fuck", i was just refering to a preceiding post. i wouldn't swear at anyone, we're supposed to be gentlemen (i wouldn't like ableton to be ashamed of us).

on an historic point of view, as Benshik wrote, the world won't improve if everybody counts who helped who and when. sometimes, you can help a friend and don't expect anything in return. maybe he will even turn his back on you if he thinks you're wrong. and that'll be ok.
nobody in france will ever forget the people who gave their lifes for our freedom. but that's not a reason to go and kill innocent people for oil because of the spirit of some people ancestors.

to finish, england was ok today. still not very good but at least they won. france was... sigh... SCARY! we almost got the famous 93th minute goal against us... this competition is becoming interesting, isn't it?
and i quite enjoy geopolitics a la ableton!
yeah, I'm sure the abletons didn't know what kind of monster they were creating! It's a good sign though, aside from the odd DJWILDSTYLE, on the whole there's a cool bunch of people round these parts!

And as yet no swiss people have posted 'english bastards'! :wink:

head
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:22 am
Location: globallover
Contact:

ok...more football

Post by head » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:46 am

forge wrote: And as yet no swiss people have posted 'english bastards'! :wink:
huh...! no, i'd be stupid to do so...after all, i'm not seeing the point of insulting a whole nation because of a ball being pushed by their 11 halfwits into my nation's 11 halfwits' net but you have to admit that all was not as glorious for the English as was predicted,....even the very English biased commentator on ITV admitted that the ref was less than neutral...;) ...and, although the swiss couldn't bloody finish (!) for s**t, they really played the better football for about 75 min.
:!:
It's as important to be gracious in victory as iit is to be so in defeat.
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

claudek
Posts: 1240
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:21 pm

Post by claudek » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:41 am

Not all French people are bastards for sure..just like all Americans are not fat fucks and stupid like Bush..One has to kind of agree that French people have earned themselves a Worldwide reputation as being "bastards"..They are in "general" errogant and do feel they are the best and the World should live around them. They are also pigs and pushy fucks..I once visited Paris with my girl and I can't imagine how much dogshit I found under my shoes and how inconciderate some can be..
I almost got run over twice through people running red lights and not in any order..Seems like I was in New Delhi or something..
Well maybe sooon Live 4 will get them making music!
I had to say I liked the pretty girls and the good food though!
Viva La France!

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:43 am

claudek wrote:Not all French people are bastards for sure..just like all Americans are not fat fucks and stupid like Bush..One has to kind of agree that French people have earned themselves a Worldwide reputation as being "bastards"..They are in "general" errogant and do feel they are the best and the World should live around them. They are also pigs and pushy fucks..I once visited Paris with my girl and I can't imagine how much dogshit I found under my shoes and how inconciderate some can be..
I almost got run over twice through people running red lights and not in any order..Seems like I was in New Delhi or something..
Well maybe sooon Live 4 will get them making music!
I had to say I liked the pretty girls and the good food though!
Viva La France!
I thought you were french

Benshik ul

Post by Benshik ul » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:03 am

for me the French have this "dominant people" heritage that yeah, maybe leads to some arrogance. But it's just the SAME for Americans, Chinese, Russians and to a certain extent Arabs. Same pride and megalomaniac nationalism, if you compare with peoples (like mine) that are not dominant but from "minorities". Anyway...
American values were built in opposition to European ones. Being sophisticated in America is something rather negative, too "aristocratic", too "old Europe". better be the good simple guy not trying too hard to be smart. To be smart in the us, you have to be ironic and to maugh at the fact you are smart. No other way. The Americans feed their myth of the self made man with these heroes that end up being there without really wanting to be, these simple, independant and cynical guys like Han Solo, Leonardo in Titanic or Micheal Moore. So of course, lots of Americans get pissed off to see these cultured French bastards!!!! :lol:
But what Americans hate the most, if we stop being philosophical and if we start talking about the real things, is how an advantage a French accent is for getting girls :wink:

Post Reply