my rant about timbaland

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john gordon

my rant about timbaland

Post by john gordon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 pm

i never listened to this junk before,but my buddy had his ipod in my car today and wanted me to hear it.i really dont know what to say....i was trying really hard not to start laughing only cause this guy was so excited about his music.are you kidding me.this douchebag sells music?? tell me it isnt true.he doesnt have an ounce of talent in him.have you heard the cheezy sounds and beats he makes.im sure everyone on this forum could come up with one his beats in five minutes.sure the sound quality of his crap is perfect,but way over produced.great...he has some good engineers.big deal.the vocals,his stupid voice,his lyrics!!!!cmon...who is buying this?who's dick is he sucking to have his shit played?are his "hommies" all sitting around saying,yo timb that shit is tight.lol this guy just has no talent whatsoever man.i wish i would have never heard his music.i wish i could i meet him and tell him he sucks ass. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

thefool

Post by thefool » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:56 pm

applause by me.

i heard some EARLIER stuff should be good though (leisure muffin may guide you)

btw enjoy reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Timba ... ontroversy

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:00 am

Hip Hop is quite busy removing the music aspect from music. If you took the rapping out of most of the songs being played on commerical radio you would pretty much have a song that wouldn't go beyond 6 tracks in the studio and that's only if you put every single sound on it's own track. I really don't get it but the kids love it I guess. I don't think Timbaland is any worse than anybody else and there's really no difference anymore because there is all of a dozen producers all appearing on each other's tracks anyway. It's a clusterfuck of blandness.

But hey, Electro House isn't that much more far off from the same thing.

thefool

Post by thefool » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:01 am

Electro House isn't that much more far off from the same thing.
at least the lyrics don't encourage shooting people most of the time :P

Nevertheless are you sure the kids actually like it because they enjoy it, or because its "in" and the radio stations and mtv is where they get the fashionable music from?

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:11 am

thefool wrote:
Electro House isn't that much more far off from the same thing.
at least the lyrics don't encourage shooting people most of the time :P

Nevertheless are you sure the kids actually like it because they enjoy it, or because its "in" and the radio stations and mtv is where they get the fashionable music from?
The cars with their windows down at stop lights are telling me they are really into this stuff. I'm really trying to not be old out of touch guy on this one but from a musician producer aspect I just find it upsetting.

I'm still trying to figure out if that Soulja Boy song is this generation's Macarena or if that seriously is what people are into these days.

thefool

Post by thefool » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am

:lol:

well actually i've been noticing more and more activity in the underground electro scenes in denmark. start with things like xstatic with hardhouse and such.

And more and more people seems to be tired of the radio, looking for something else to listen to. I'll probably head for ibiza this summer with a friend if we get it planned :D

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:31 am

you guys are crazy.

thefool

Post by thefool » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:32 am

and you would refer to normal people as being anything? Normal people do shit in their lifes. The crazy people rules the world you know?
Last edited by thefool on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 am

at least with electro house the producers arent getting paid millions and millions of dollars.im not saying they shouldnt,but house music in general has never gotten the respect it deserves.so much more thought goes into a house,techno,idm songs than most pop music coming out these days.i dont know...timbaland just sounds like his music is made from a fruityloops beginner.ive never heard such bad beats in my life before.does he really take himself seriously and why do all these people want him to produce their stuff.he needs to get a real job....

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:34 am

thefool wrote::lol:

well actually i've been noticing more and more activity in the underground electro scenes in denmark. start with things like xstatic with hardhouse and such.

And more and more people seems to be tired of the radio, looking for something else to listen to. I'll probably head for ibiza this summer with a friend if we get it planned :D
thats it.people need to stop listening to the radio and stop being told what is cool to listen to.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 am

Why dedicate a thread to hating on another electronic musician?

We are all musicians. I can't believe I'm hearing the "that's not real music" shit from some dance music producers.

thefool

Post by thefool » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:39 am

yeah. they should instead grap a bunch of different styles and get down :)

And as said i'm heavily enjoying electronic music in forms of house and trance, but dire straits, pink floyd, queen, bob dylan etcetera are also among my absolute favorites. Heck even Outcast :P
and don't get me started on things like barry white and classics like "its a wonderfull world", various tracks by BJ Thomas and all such areas.

free at last.

We are all musicians. I can't believe I'm hearing the "that's not real music" shit from some dance music producers.
i'd like to say that i just said that people should think if they really like it or if they like it because the radio and mtv tells them to. Its fine if they DO like it and feels for it.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:44 am

He uses an ASR-10 and a pair of headphones... just in case you're wondering

thefool

Post by thefool » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:45 am

morerecords wrote:He uses an ASR-10 and a pair of headphones... just in case you're wondering
yes i think i saw that on a video with him in studio. boring but catched the thing

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 am

who cares what he uses.he should try using fruityloops.surely his music couldnt sound any worse.