my rant about timbaland

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 am

the Nonce-to-Signal ratio is high in here. In favour of nonce-sense.


can't we all just coalesce on one thing....

Timbo is responsible for some hip-pop classics
but
he's a thick cunt, with no class.
spreader of butter

kpa
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Post by kpa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:31 pm

b0unce wrote: can't we all just coalesce on one thing....

Timbo is responsible for some hip-pop classics
but
he's a thick cunt, with no class.
i've read most of this thread, and this is the bit i agree with most.

we have all sampled, i have ripped loads of samples, and if i was making big bucks from it, i'd pay up, especially when they came asking. he's just ashamed he got busted, another case of hip-hop insecurity.

Three-word summary of Timbaland: good tunes, wank.

peace,
kpa
Cryptomnesian - the recall of memories not recognised as such, but thought to be original ideas.
www.Cryptomnesian.com
www.myspace.com/thekpa
www.myspace.com/thebodesapha

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Nod wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:i said : "wrong, electronic music does not have to be real time", you said, "no, the pioneers were virtuoso performers real time" I said, "wrong, the pioneers could NOT be real time"
And you then promptly gave examples of real time performers - with the obvious defensive caveat that they didn't somehow count against your argument. Now who's not giving respect where it's due?

I'm sorry, i just have to take issue with this too, since you seem to regularly experience convenient micro-amnesia.

I did not give examples of real time performers, I gave examples of three electronic instruments that predated control voltage. The theremin, telharmonium and musical telegraph. None of those could have produced a piece of music as rich and complex as those of the early tape music pioneers.


.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

TekMonki
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by TekMonki » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:33 pm

more pound puppies, less twaddle!!

also, an oldie but a goodie, this man is amazing. +10 pts if you can name the background sample in the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-NLPH8JeM

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 pm

kpa wrote:
b0unce wrote: can't we all just coalesce on one thing....

Timbo is responsible for some hip-pop classics
but
he's a thick cunt, with no class.
i've read most of this thread, and this is the bit i agree with most.

we have all sampled, i have ripped loads of samples, and if i was making big bucks from it, i'd pay up, especially when they came asking. he's just ashamed he got busted, another case of hip-hop insecurity.

Three-word summary of Timbaland: good tunes, wank.

peace,
kpa
+2

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 am

Machinesworking wrote:
kpa wrote:
b0unce wrote: can't we all just coalesce on one thing....

Timbo is responsible for some hip-pop classics
but
he's a thick cunt, with no class.
i've read most of this thread, and this is the bit i agree with most.

we have all sampled, i have ripped loads of samples, and if i was making big bucks from it, i'd pay up, especially when they came asking. he's just ashamed he got busted, another case of hip-hop insecurity.

Three-word summary of Timbaland: good tunes, wank.

peace,
kpa
+2
+1
spreader of butter

Post Reply