plug in compensation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
randrohe

plug in compensation

Post by randrohe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:25 am

Does Live 5.2 have Automatic Delay Compensation? I'm ready to install this and there are 2 versions, one has fixed latency which is designed for programs w/ ADCompensation. I've tried the demo on this and it really worked well, so I sprung for it. WHoooHooooo thanx, Rand
Last edited by randrohe on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Re: Drumagog

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:56 am

randrohe wrote:Does Live 5.2 have Automatic Delay compensation?
I don't think so, do a search in the pdf manual for "compensation" or "delay".
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 am

o.k., thanx Tone. If I understood the manual currectly, I would use the calulated # of ms due to my buffer size and then use "delay track" by this amount? If this is the case, would this be the formula for routing through an external processor or is this for plug in delay compensation only? G4 w/ ultralite if that makes a difference. Went a bit off track, but while I had your attention......... Thanx again, Rand

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:10 am

I don't know this area too well.

track delay does just that, delays a track or plays it ahead of time.

plug-in delay compensation I'm not real sure about, I think because it's all internal to Live it can calculate this delay.

ugh you know what, there's a button to turn this on, so it IS automatic when that button is pressed. AFAIK!

with external stuff, it's best to connect an audio out to an audio in and record an output to an input to measure the delay (it's in milliseconds at the bottom of clip view.) sound cards lie about this stuff, they can't help it.

dunno, surely someone will chime in.

you might want to change the title of the post since it's not really about that plug in per say, but plug in compensation in general.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 am

thanks Tone, you got me up and running (from my house back to my studio through 7" of new snow here in PA) I know what I'll be doing tonite!!!
You Rock!

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 am

sorry, I missed the bottom part. You're right, how do I change the title of the post. I thought it was a done deal after I sent it....

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 am

randrohe wrote:sorry, I missed the bottom part. You're right, how do I change the title of the post. I thought it was a done deal after I sent it....
just hit edit on your first post and change it from there.

good luck!!

7 inches!!! I lived out in Chalfont (Bucks County) like 20 years ago, I remember those winters!! the ICE!!

I didn't even need a coat today here in San Francisco, it's been great the last few days.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:21 am

afaik, plug in delay is automatic in live5, i was using a uad card with it, and i think that was what the button tone was referring to, although that was a while ago, so i might be wrong, but if the uad card worked, your plug should...

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 am

The only option I'm seeing in preferences > plug-ins is plug in buffer size. And the options for different plug in folders.
Under the "Audio" tab, there is only the buffer settings, nowhere do I see any plug in delay compensation.
I'm going to have to try and sort this out tomorrow when I'm fresh. But first I believe I'll email drumagog and find out why it doesn't seem to want to accept my unlock code.. computers>>>>>>>>>>WOW
Thanks again for the help

Nogi

Post by Nogi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:28 am

Live 5 and newer have automatic plug-in delay compensation.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:29 am

my bad, I'm home new was at work and talking out my ass. there's no button for plug-in delay compensation, just a box to set the time.

someone will chime in, if you're lucky it won't be me. ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz