history...!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

history...!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:33 pm

is it any wonder that the current music on offer is a pile of crap, considering the rethorical self-righteous patriotic jibe some of the people who make it are full of, they should be in the army...

Fantasy aside, the US was made into a superpower as a consequence of its intervention in WW2, and it invoiced the European countries a serious amount of dollars, which it got for it...(so enough woth the heroic stance, ok, it's always business)...not to mention the amount of times the US posted a Veto against France in the Sec.Council...once and for all, stop calling "bad-allies" countries that refuse to act against their own best interest and in the best interest of the US...get real and fair. Read between the lines of your own media, or go get an education.

And get out of music.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:42 pm

que?

k

head

music?

Post by head » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:22 am

you're making a fine point, but here's a music forum.
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

forge

Re: music?

Post by forge » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:32 am

head wrote:you're making a fine point, but here's a music forum.
Head? Is that you? You who held the place at the top of the live 3 beta forum for so long, you have returned!

will you be making a bid for the top on the upcoming 4?
:wink: :D

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:07 am

as an active american musician, i must say you're preaching to the choir...
the .01% you're talking about are too stupid to know what live is, so they ain't gonna see this....

head

Post by head » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:11 pm

forge wrote: Head? Is that you? You who held the place at the top of the live 3 beta forum for so long, you have returned!

Hi Forge,
I have seen your name around for a long time...sorry for not seeing your post before.
Very nice of you to notice that my name was there, and yes, as much as I don't wasnt to admit it - even to myself - it would be a little fun to make the top...more a matter of luck than precise strategy, to say the least ...

Hoe about this Live4, huh!?
Pretty stunning isn't it?
Be well.
H
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:16 pm

first of all original poster you're right about american politics
second of all your full of shit about music.

have a nice day.

-american

Meffy

Re: history...!

Post by Meffy » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:16 pm

OP brings up valid points (though in an entirely inappropriate forum), then commits this:
Anonymous wrote:Read between the lines of your own media, or go get an education.
It could be that some of us have done. :-) Might be worth considering.
And get out of music.
Oh, dear -- please, you don't want to make me laugh so hard! It frightens donkeys and cracks house foundations.

[FunnyVoice char="BugsBunny:BarberOfSeville"]Nnnnnext![/FunnyVoice]

Enough, I won't feed the troll. Any more. *blush* Heh.

Meffy

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:54 pm

head wrote:
forge wrote: Head? Is that you? You who held the place at the top of the live 3 beta forum for so long, you have returned!

Hi Forge,
I have seen your name around for a long time...sorry for not seeing your post before.
Very nice of you to notice that my name was there, and yes, as much as I don't wasnt to admit it - even to myself - it would be a little fun to make the top...more a matter of luck than precise strategy, to say the least ...

Hoe about this Live4, huh!?
Pretty stunning isn't it?
Be well.
H
he he :lol:

i think I posted a thread once that you should be voted for some kind of award because everytime anyone logged on to these forums for ages they saw your name there - it was getting quit funny because you weren't posting mch so you were starting to become a kind of mythical character, and the word 'head' made it that little bit funnier!

I vote we should hold bets on who gets the top place this time!

pointless DJ Wildstyle-esqe emoticon posts dont count, it has to be a legit bug!

who's with me? :lol: :lol:

head

oh yeah!

Post by head » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:55 pm

Definitely with you on both counts...he he!

I think it'd be very cool to have a little bonus for the last Legit post...absolutely...mmh...how about a free update to the next stage of Live's evolution?
(!)
For instance, as you so kindly suggested that I hould get some small reward for my last fortuitous post of the "Live3beta"...well might I suggest a free upgrade to 4? oh..i don't mean it too seriously...but if that were the case, I'd be game for being out of contention for the next stage, so that another "tester" could benefit and there would be a built in chance for different people to enjoy each time...

...Anyways, I think I'm probably satisfied with your suggestion that I became some sort of "Mythical Character"...in itself it makes me feel good all over!
;)
H
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:42 am

I quite like these little soapbox moments that pop up occasionally but I think telling americans to get out of music, is a bit harsh. Trying to get them to lose their fixation with guitar solos might be a better bet. :lol:

I don't mean it.....really. :roll:

Actually I think all countries should take the piss out of each other a bit more, gets rid of the aggression and creates a laugh instead. Look at our government for fucks sake! It's an embarresment.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:23 am

Martyn wrote:... I think telling americans to get out of music, is a bit harsh...
Actually I think all countries should take the piss out of each other a bit more, gets rid of the aggression and creates a laugh instead. Look at our government for fucks sake! It's an embarresment.
Just making sure I'm not being misunderstood...I certainly don't suggest that Americans are the target of my "out of music" remark...! Rather I meant that for all those who, instead of being proud of their origins - whichever these might be - and being "patriotic" in a "wholesome" way are expressing the kind of ignorant patriotism that only finds its force in the disregard of historical facts and in doing so, the disrespect of other nations. And nations are people.

It's a sign of ignorance and an inability to read one's own media's conditioning between the lines...

And traditionally, nothing interesting ever came out of generations of musicians or anything in the "arts" (we're a long way from "artists" here) that didn't give precedent to human consideration and refused to blindly follow the aspirations of the Power structures of their time.

>..As for your idea of nations taking the piss out of each other...I'm not sure what you mean, but if any of these little losers who think that their "country's better than an other one's country" or any other implications of the kind disguised as humor (I do agree that some people can genuinely be doing it in jest and fun, but mostly, it's a subconscious expression of something more insidious which they often don't realise themselves) ...well, I'm not really interested...I've been a foreigner living in countries other than my own most of my life, and you have to experience it to believe it...and I'm afraid that's the real test of how people really feel about these things.

Peace.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:02 pm

I wasn't actually being serious there guest, I think the promotion of laughter on a global scale can only be a good thing. The trouble is, it's easy for humour to get taken the wrong way, especially when different cultures find different things funny (or not).
On a presonal level, I never mean anyone any harm and have no personal beef with anybody in particular, except a few politicians/record company execs/people who think violence is cool/ etc.
The thing I like about forums like this, is that we all have the love of music in common, so making a few jokes here and there hopefully doesn't create much offence as we are all like minded in at least one respect.

Cheers, I'm off to lay down another guitar solo :wink:

head

am agreeing with everyone!

Post by head » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:33 pm

...ow..now that's really out of character! for me to agree in this way...
But all these comments (Guest and Martyn) are pertinent and while "on the ground" sometimes things are in fact a little less easy to control, the intentions are good.

mmh...I should try this kind of concillant tone in more occasions...I'm finding it relaxing!

;)
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

Darrel A

Post by Darrel A » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:32 pm

This one is to you Mr"Guest" . You must be the one who is poorly educated in this forum to make a generalization that americans are over patriotic in their music? I cant say most americans trully take seriously artist these artists that are pro bush or pro war. But as far as being an artist who is a patriot who loves their country whats wrong with that if your doing the right thing and educating your listeners to make your country how it should be?sounds to me like you have some major issues maybe you could take care of them with some meds or actually shutting up and making some music.After all we are here to experience others and learn from others not to make judgments on people because of their origin.So just remember being a patriot doesnt mean your a mad man like bush or saddam or binladden 8)