F•CK George Bush!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sevaels

Post by Sevaels » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:07 am

Glad we agree :)

head

Post by head » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:30 am

I'm really here to check on live4's release...but couldn't resist this one...!

It's just to frustrating to see people oversimplifying their understanding of events..!
Anonymous wrote:
DS wrote: do you REALLY think that France, UK, Germany, Italy, etc. are perfect un-corrupted governments???
...of course not, but the point really is that Bush is pushing ideology. Which means that - as right wing politics at large do - they act to satisfy a motivation only.
These other countries, as corrupt as they are, still act to satisfy or reach a consequence (of the action)...the two paths result in a very different world.
Dogma and ideology are systematically adopted by people who cannot analyse the world around them for one reason or another. Lack of education is the key factor...but so is deeply rooted emotion.

I'm done.
Live 4 Beta?
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:31 am

Sevaels wrote:Leaving the country due to disliking the current president.

The largely irrelevant by now voter scandal argument.

Generalizations of whole country's? (BBQ and Beer in the backyard)

Michael Moore quotes.

Good Bush, Bad Bush.

Oil Scandal (While excluding the rest of the worlds greed for it.)

The definition of 'democracy'.

etc etc..

Jesus F'ing Christ you people are as dull and uncreative as the politicians your bitching about. Thank god you don't post your music.

Oh and people please spare all of us from posts saying:

"Are you saying anyone who quotes Michael Moore can't write music blah blah". You get my point I'm sure, move on.

:roll:
fella, special ed said right at the start about people coming in with their 'no politics in music comments', and then asked anyone thinking like that to not post

we're having a whinge, and part of that whinge is about the very fact that music doesn't get political anymore. Probably nothing will come from this whinging except maybe for the few people around who are interested finding commonality, so that being the case - post in a thread you are interested in.

One of the things I'm really missing in music these days is the substance - the meaning. I really love electronic music, but I also hugely love meaningful lyrics the likes of Bob Dylan etc. - the thing that made people like dylan legendary is the fact that he actually gave a shit

I actually think there should be a conscience in music (just as in life) and if you're happy just getting on with your own thing fine - I mean fuck I don't know any Iraqis, why the hell should I care if their children are getting murdered by my government - it's only my taxes funding it!

forge

Post by forge » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:34 am

head wrote:I'm really here to check on live4's release...but couldn't resist this one...!

It's just to frustrating to see people oversimplifying their understanding of events..!
Anonymous wrote:
DS wrote: do you REALLY think that France, UK, Germany, Italy, etc. are perfect un-corrupted governments???
...of course not, but the point really is that Bush is pushing ideology. Which means that - as right wing politics at large do - they act to satisfy a motivation only.
These other countries, as corrupt as they are, still act to satisfy or reach a consequence (of the action)...the two paths result in a very different world.
Dogma and ideology are systematically adopted by people who cannot analyse the world around them for one reason or another. Lack of education is the key factor...but so is deeply rooted emotion.

I'm done.
Live 4 Beta?
very nicely put Head - you truly deserve the Live 3 legend - forever immortalised by the final post in the beta forum!

I think you should get a plaque or something. :lol:

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:42 am

All politicians from all nations should be replaced by computers running Live 4. I think this would simplify everything.
I cant think of a sig

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:10 pm

head wrote:I'm really here to check on live4's release...but couldn't resist this one...!
Ain't that the truth. Something must be wrong if i'm talking politics!
head wrote:...of course not, but the point really is that Bush is pushing ideology. Which means that - as right wing politics at large do - they act to satisfy a motivation only.

I'm done.
Live 4 Beta?
For sure, all these govts do dodgy stuff, countries are motivated primarily by self-interest. Here in the south pacific, the french govt have traditionally been in people's bad books for commiting certain deeds in this neck of the woods. Now they're in the good books, it must be seasonal. I think one big reason why people find the current US govt so repulsive is this habit of reminding everyone that they are the good guys, the coalition of God, with their Infinite Justice, Enduring Freedom, or whatever the fuck. I would actually like W more if he was a mr burns type figure and just acknowledged that he was pure evil.

Which reminds me, there's a quote by economist john kenneth galbraith that puts it very succinctly:

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

As for replacing politicians with computers running live 4, just think, what would happen when the next version was around the corner? If it's anything like what's happening to live owners now...

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:23 pm

Not part of the system? LOL, You just stated there is one..... anybody not reading this forum and is instead watching TV is a part of that system. Damn this is boring.... If you really want to make a statement get out and support someone who you believe in. You do not need to vote for this or that axis of evil. That is bullshit and I am tired of hearing it. My civic duty is to seek out people who I believe in and support them and when they make it to the poll put in my vote. Until then screw the rest of them because they are all the same.