Key command to start from beginning?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
hmj

Re:

Post by hmj » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 pm

subbasshead wrote:this thread has raised two issues that need to be addressed in the next version

1. a single keystroke to rewidn to zero & start playback

2. sort out the focus
it really bugs me when i cant use +/- to zoom without using the mosue to click
somewhere first, to shift focus... fair enough if there are 2 or 3 possibilities
of what I coudl be zooming, BUT if there is only one then zoom!!!!!!!
I find LIVE slow to edit in (comapred w ProTools) for this reason alone
I can cut & do everything in PT without using a mouse
I cant do the same in LIVE without a whole lot of trial & error & setting up quickeys...

/end vent
These issues are NOT addressed in Live 9. BUT! We do have another APC/Launchpad to buy!!

nylarch

Re: Key command to start from beginning?

Post by nylarch » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 am

I have a template that always maps the number pad "1" to a locater at the beginning. Once you get used to it its automatic. As the arrangement grows I start adding more numbers to various locaters (first verse, etc.) like markers in logic. Quick and very usable.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

PacoMerh

Post by PacoMerh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Just use HOME key , or fn + left arrow to return to zero
nothing else.

DorianGrey

Post by DorianGrey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:21 pm

thanks subbasshead for your answer.. 15 years later your answer stimm makes sense and saves me a lot of time .. or did ableton chance something till today (v9) and I didnt get it?

DorianGrey

Post by DorianGrey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm

oh thanks PacoMerh, seems Ableton did change sth the last 10 years;) FN+Left or right.. know i know..

Reverus

Post by Reverus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:42 am

Hey, so I have been watching the "MasterClass" videos with Deadmau5 doing a trick on Ableton (there is also a video on youtube where he is doing this!) and while he is sequencing midi in Arrangement view the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the measure whenever he hits something (it is a screen view so I can't see what he hits). Grr... it looks like an easy way to just listen as you are creating melodies, without having to 2xstop/start from the beginning or clicking in the scrub area to start playback at a specific time... rewinding just a measure and pausing would be epic... and apparently it CAN be done. I will re-post the answer here if I find it! :wink:
(I'm using Ableton Live 10 on windows 10... just sayin)

Note: I just realized this isn't in Session view, but you can still just swap the midi back to Session after you work it out... so still works