Some information about the upcoming beta

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bernd

Some information about the upcoming beta

Post by Bernd » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:39 am

Hi, everybody.

First of all we are very pleased about your great reactions on the announcement of Live 4. And we have to apologise for not being so present in the forum and answer all your questions about Live 4. But currently we all work hard all day long to make our new baby ready for you.

Unfortunately we cannot give you an exact date for the beta yet but at least we can say that you shouldn't postpone your appointments for the weekend. It will probably need the next week to make the version beta ready.

Because we expect so many of you would want to download already the first beta version which would produce many postings of the same bugs, we decided to restrict the first beta to 500 registered users, so we can focus on fixing bugs and reduce the effort to maintain the beta forum. The first 500 will get a personal beta serial number. But don't worry, further versions for more of you will come pretty soon.

Please participate only in the first round if you are willing to report bugs. Otherwise settle back and wait some days and you will get an even better version from the beginning.

So, use your "free" weekend, make some music, make sure you are registered and we will all see us next week. And now I will dive back into the source code.

Kind regards, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:42 am

Hi Bernd

How will this work. Will it be first come first served, or do we have to apply in writing here?

regards

Paul Binns

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:44 am

Yes, first come first served.

Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

drez

Post by drez » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:50 am

Thank you Bernd for the communication! That helped out alot :)

Now I can enjoy my Fathers Day with my Family instead of huddled around the screen hitting F5 :lol:

/drez

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:12 am

thanks loads for that bernd!

it's been a bit unnatural the obsessive interest, so nice to end it!!

how are the 500 determined is it just luck of the draw - or what do you mean first come first served? - do you mean first registered users to download, or is it longest users??

cheers

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:24 am

When the beta will come out we will also open a page where registered users can get a Live 4 beta serial to use this and further beta versions. In the first round there only will be 500 serial numbers.

Regrads, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

Phatbottom not logged in

Post by Phatbottom not logged in » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:28 am

sounds like the first 500 to hit the appropriate button to get the Beta, the first to get it. That is gonna SUCK. I can only imagine being stuck in front of my computer hitting REFERESH constantly and getting light headed when the page produces a different layout as I frantically fumble through the Beta Page and read through the signup, or just get a "too bad your ISP sucks so hard, because we uploaded the Beta link 1/10000th of a second ago, and 5000000 non-Live-owning lurkers named 'Guest' got in before you did."

Either way, it will work my nerves to the end.

I say they go by those users who contribute the most to the forums. I nominate Montreal Breaks, Forge, Ryan and ME!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

the8bitdeity

Post by the8bitdeity » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:28 am

I'll definetely wait for the second round then, I've got some school stuff I should get out of the way anyways.

d-plate

Post by d-plate » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:37 am

Phatbottom not logged in wrote:sounds like the first 500 to hit the appropriate button to get the Beta, the first to get it. That is gonna SUCK. I can only imagine being stuck in front of my computer hitting REFERESH constantly and getting light headed when the page produces a different layout as I frantically fumble through the Beta Page and read through the signup, or just get a "too bad your ISP sucks so hard, because we uploaded the Beta link 1/10000th of a second ago, and 5000000 non-Live-owning lurkers named 'Guest' got in before you did."

I say they go by those users who contribute the most to the forums. I nominate Montreal Breaks, Forge, Ryan and ME!

I think "registered" means "user who has a registered copy of live"?

Credo

Post by Credo » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:09 am

I wonder when they sleep, them Abelton developers:
Bernds post: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:39 am 

...back to code, huh? You are amazing! :)

C

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:03 am

Phatbottom not logged in wrote:sounds like the first 500 to hit the appropriate button to get the Beta, the first to get it. That is gonna SUCK. I can only imagine being stuck in front of my computer hitting REFERESH constantly and getting light headed when the page produces a different layout as I frantically fumble through the Beta Page and read through the signup, or just get a "too bad your ISP sucks so hard, because we uploaded the Beta link 1/10000th of a second ago, and 5000000 non-Live-owning lurkers named 'Guest' got in before you did."

hey hey! nomination gracefully accepted, and thank you for that inclusion! :lol: :wink:

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:06 am

Excellent procedure Bernd!
That is if I can be in time for those 500 ... :D 8)
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:00 am

I'll race ya Mbazzy! 8)
Actually I'll race everybody!! :P
Anyone know the time difference from Berlin to California?
I cant think of a sig

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:51 am

hmm I'm wondering what login details we need to get the serial number for the beta - the same as the forum or do I need to take my live 3 into work with me in case they drop it whil i'm at work???

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:08 am

They should as for a quote of a specific page and line of the printed manual! Thats the best!
It should be from the Live 1 manual!! Ha ha ha ha!!!!
:roll:
I cant think of a sig