Some information about the upcoming beta

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
raapie

Post by raapie » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:45 pm

mmm. nice one Bernd!

500 people... probably 499 europeans and 1 Bush since he can't sleep at night 8)
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:24 pm

Kodama wrote:How about making the download available to everyone who is registered, but making the beta forum private for the first 100 that want to be dedicated beta testers?

That way everyone will be happy and you guys will be sure to get the 100 who want to be testers instead of the first 100 that just want to kick the tires?

Might save some stress on your web servers also.
got my vote!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:10 pm

how about leaving ableton alone and just letting them get on with it. really
the crazy live man that I am even I can see that we are going a bit too far
we don't want to go crazy to the point where we get in our own way or the
way of our illustreous software developers now do we. I don't think we do.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:how about leaving ableton alone and just letting them get on with it. really
the crazy live man that I am even I can see that we are going a bit too far
we don't want to go crazy to the point where we get in our own way or the
way of our illustreous software developers now do we. I don't think we do.
totally.

I've been about the craziest of crazy live man's - so much so now that I'm completely sick of it and having loads of fun with 3 now. I think they've probably tbeen too busy to get as far as being irritated by it though - it's more each other on this forum.

it's toned down massively since Bernd's announcement though

rictheobscene

Re: ..

Post by rictheobscene » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:50 pm

raapie wrote:mmm. nice one Bernd!

500 people... probably 499 europeans and 1 Bush since he can't sleep at night 8)
I hope Bush doesn't help beta test the software. Although, he does need a scapegoat for not finding any WMD. I can't get over it, the guy just reminds me of Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Maybe he can get a job at Disneyland when he loses the Presidency.
With Regards:

Ric (the) Obscene
http://www.ghettoanalogue.com

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:14 pm

I really doubt Bush could grasp Live. It's a simple program, but it ain't THAT simple. iTunes, maybe, but not Live.

Down with the Dummy.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

janklug

Post by janklug » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:12 pm

kabuki wrote:I really doubt Bush could grasp Live. It's a simple program, but it ain't THAT simple. iTunes, maybe, but not Live.
well, if there's ONE person who could misinterprete what iTunes is supposed to do & make it crash just by pressing the wrong button :roll: ...
jAn

pentajigga

Post by pentajigga » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:41 pm

i hate bush too, but it must be fun to be a european and forget about all your history of imperialism, racism, war and point the finger at one idiot. errrrr.... very self-satisfying i must imagine.

live 4 will be the sanctuary to forget about all this...

i will cast my vote in november for all of us.

"sorry to be off topic..."

janklug

Post by janklug » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:13 pm

pentajigga wrote:forget about all your history of imperialism, racism, war
yes, sometimes i wish i could, too..
and point the finger at one idiot. errrrr.... very self-satisfying i must imagine.
could be true; personally, i favour "multiple idiot pointing", as there is enough supply around in europe, too :wink:
live 4 will be the sanctuary to forget about all this...
yep! will surely bring peace & joy to my mind!
i will cast my vote in november for all of us.
thank you! good luck!

greetings,
jan

ps. not trying to offend anyone (maybe except for ONE person [just kidding])

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:52 pm

Well our history is being made right now, and the leader to keep in check is in power.

We can complain about Mussolini, also.

Here goes:

That F*CKING AS*MUNCH Mussolini can't even pick on anyone his own size. Frickin IDIOT, now everytime I go an Ethiopia restaurant, there's &*#^&@ Italian food on the menu!!!!!

I want Ethiopian Veggie dishes on spongebread, not *$(@* Lasagna when I go to an $*$()#* Ethiopian restaurant!!!

pony m

Post by pony m » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:19 pm

why all the conversations on this forum lead to Bush in the end? is this what Ableton Live about ? Bush??

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:35 pm

Sorry. Enough about the Big Pu**y

Ableton, could you post some of the requirements as to what you would like the Beta Testers to do: namely, what kind of VTSi/AU instruments they need to test with; what kind of systems they need (lower end machines that will crash easier - or not); Outboard gear needed; soundcards needed; OS versions needed.

I can DEFINITELTY beta test 4, but if you require testers to have the biggest, baddest VSTi's or outboard gear, I will take myself off the panic list.

I also think it would be good for those that are beta-testing to actually OWN (legally) the virtual instruments they plan on using. It won't do the Abletons any good to try to squash bugs created by buggy, crash-prone, stolen software. Not that asking would do any good, since those types that would actually steal software will probably do whatever they can to get Live 4 for free, regardless of the ramifications.

They'd probably vote for Bush, too. :roll:
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

mocker

Post by mocker » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:22 pm

So you want the Ableton team to check out every beta tester's honesty by asking them if they own their vst instruments ? Did I read well ? Please explain your technical solution to achieve this high task...

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:38 pm

... :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:50 pm

@kabuki

I think the system does not matter. It should be one of the supported three systems. Test as much as u can and give reports as clear as possible. because a bug report without a detailed explanation how to reproduce the bug worths noting.