All times are UTC

Post subject: Emagic EMI 2|6 with Win2000 or WinXP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:08 pm 

Hello together,

There are an improvement for the EMI 2|6 on Win2000 / WinXP with the just released 1.5.1 update.

To activate it, please do the following things:

1) Please create a text file called "LiveOptions.txt" in the ".../ableton/preferences" folder if it still doesn't exist there.

2) Open this file and add the line "-AsioSupportProcessNow=1" and save the file.

3) If you start Live now it should be possible to get smaller latencies than 20ms with the EMI.

regards,
Alex

Post subject: Re: Emagic EMI 2|6 with Win2000 or WinXP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:29 pm 
Hi Alex,

which Latency can i expect with an EMI 26, under WinXP,Tinkpad21-p3-850mhz. I easy get 11ms with my internal soundcard. if EMI is not below
that, hmmm..

best regards

Andreas

Alex wrote:
Hello together,

There are an improvement for the EMI 2|6 on Win2000 / WinXP with the just released 1.5.1 update.

To activate it, please do the following things:

1) Please create a text file called "LiveOptions.txt" in the ".../ableton/preferences" folder if it still doesn't exist there.

2) Open this file and add the line "-AsioSupportProcessNow=1" and save the file.

3) If you start Live now it should be possible to get smaller latencies than 20ms with the EMI.

regards,
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:11 pm 

Hello Andreas,

The smallest possible latency depends how many effects and how many samples you're using. When I used the EMI I used it mostly with 12ms and it worked until a cpu usage of 70% (on a 1Ghz PIII).

So there is no big difference from the latency view. But mostly an external interface sounds much better than an internal one. In this case the EMI has the advantage of 3 stereo outs and the digital in/out.

What I always recommend is to test before buying it. I know it's often not possible (for example if you oder it over the internet) but if you have the chance to test it before or to make clear that you can bring it back to the dealer if it doesn't work like expected you should do it.

Hope it helps you a little

regards,
Alex