Your last Rock concert?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Queen @ Verizon Ctr in DC last year.

Paul Rodgers from Bad company on vocals. I didn't expect him to compare in any way to Freddie Mercury, since that would be unfair. But I was pleasantly surprised, and very impressed how well he did. Great singer, he really seemed to fit in with the vibe of the band. And they played a bunch of videos of Freddie Mercury in the background, kind of a tribute to him. :D

Great concert, entertaining show, and great sound quality. They rocked the place.

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Well the last gig I went to with a live band was Reprazent at the Q-Club, their first gig in 5 years and they were amazing.

If you mean like a more traditional type concert it was Gogol Bordello with La Phaze supporting, in Wolverhampton, UK. La Phaze actaully totally stole the show, they were awesome. :)
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

dallas!

Post by dallas! » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:46 pm

I went and saw the Kaiser Cheifs VIA David Arnold at the electric proms, 2days before that I saw Mark Ronson with the BBC concert Orchestra, one of the best gigs I'v been too.......Seeing Envy and Other Sins next week(the won the Channel 4 find a rock band competition last year)

dallas!

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
logic_user99 wrote:I went to see Reel Big Fish last night. They were very, very good.
pick it up pick it up!!!! saw them in SF years ago, love any ska show. it's impossible to go to a ska show and have a bad time.
Damn right! It was one of the happiest, funniest gigs I've been to in a very long while.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
logic_user99 wrote:I went to see Reel Big Fish last night. They were very, very good.
pick it up pick it up!!!! saw them in SF years ago, love any ska show. it's impossible to go to a ska show and have a bad time.
I'm not saying that i don't like reel big fish, I'm just saying that I would rather hear the death rattle of my only child.

And I think that goes for most "ska" that comes from anywhere but 1960's jamaica

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

nobbystylus

Post by nobbystylus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 pm

vampire weekend about 5 days ago... fire alarm went off half way through.. i liked them in a kind of quirky talking heads preppy way..
http://www.myspace.com/wardclerk
http://www.myspace.com/bighairufreqs
LIVE 8.21/ Reaktor 5.51/VDMX/Quartz Composer

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:45 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
I'm not saying that i don't like reel big fish, I'm just saying that I would rather hear the death rattle of my only child.

And I think that goes for most "ska" that comes from anywhere but 1960's jamaica

.lm.
oh you're such a purist :roll:

so, the Two Tone Ska sucked too?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 pm

andew w.k.
yep
unless you count 5 minutes of monolake last year at demf.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:13 pm

black cab (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... did=553551)
at the toff in town last thursday with the sand pebbles... excellent stuff!! :D
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...