cannot preview sounds in rewire mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
4johnny

cannot preview sounds in rewire mode

Post by 4johnny » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:55 pm

I cannot preview sounds in rewire mode, I must drag sounds into a track and push play to hear anything. AM I doind something wrong or is there a way around this?

thanks

dstill808

Re: cannot preview sounds in rewire mode

Post by dstill808 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Wow, from 2004?!!? I'm having the same problem w/ Reason 4.0 rewired through an External Instrument patch. Kind of frustrating since choosing the right sounds is pretty integral to the production process. Anyone w/ any tips?

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Which mode are you talking about? Master or slave?
Terrence Lennon

fiver

Post by fiver » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 pm

do you have your "Audio From" in your "External Device" in live set to the same rewire channels that your reason device is plugged into on the back of the "Hardware Device" in reason? i think in reason the first device you open automatically hooks up to 1-2, but after that you have to do it yourself.

dstill808

Post by dstill808 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Tiennon: in this case Live would be the master, and Reason would be the slave

Fiver: I do have that set up, and I'm hearing the sounds fine when I play them through the track or the MIDI controller, it's when I'm choosing them to load that I can't hear them. For example if I have Reason open by itself, when I'm choosing samples to load into say a Dr. Rex patch, when I highlight a sample, it autoplays. W/ Reason re-wired to Live, I can see that it's still auto playing, it's just that I hear no sound. Any idea why that is?