the Pocket Pod

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tacvbo83

the Pocket Pod

Post by tacvbo83 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:06 pm

Does anyone have the Line 6 Pocket Pod? Opinions on it please. I am about to go buy it in a couple of hours and hope to get some reviews first. I need it to basically plug into my friends PA system instead of taking my half stack whenever we are gonna jam on weekends. I saw this as a good option and was wondering what you all think. Also, might want to record with it to Ableton going into my MacBook Pro input. (i know it is not the best, but has anybody done this?)
MBP 1.86 GHz, 2Gb RAM, Live 6, Logic Studio, Reason 4, Komplete 5, Melodyne, BFD, IK Studio Bundle etc etc

tacvbo83

Post by tacvbo83 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:14 am

nobody?
MBP 1.86 GHz, 2Gb RAM, Live 6, Logic Studio, Reason 4, Komplete 5, Melodyne, BFD, IK Studio Bundle etc etc

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:23 am

It's all code. It sounds fine though.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

xxxmorphicxxx

Post by xxxmorphicxxx » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 am

Pocket POD is the same as the POD 2.0, which is outdated in my opinion. I would save up and get the X3 if you can.

For what it's worth, I still use my POD 2.0 all the time, and it still sounds great. But it's only because I haven't bought the X3 yet.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:47 am

ive got one. Its definately got that old "pod 2" sound, but if you dont mind that, theres a lot of very usuable tones, and the download section of the website has lots more great tones too. the thing is so cheap that i half expected to be disappointed somehow, but im not.

its also got lower noise than i expected.

for sitting on the couch and noodling it is awesome, it also has a line in for an audio player to jam along with.

chews through batteries though, get a couple sets of rechargeables to go with.

tacvbo83

Post by tacvbo83 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks for your helpful responses. I came to the conclusion that I will probably need to invest on something better. After looking at all options and wanting to work with effects, not having to buy a certain amp, and a bunch of pedals; I would say the Line 6 Pod X3 Live is my best solution. Other options were Waves GTR 3, Stomp IO, or Guitar Rig 3, but these have to be used with a computer in live situations and I believe the line 6 pedal board can go as is thru a PA system as well as record great sounds like the other options I had.

Any other options out there? Anybody playing with this or recording with this?

What combo amp 30W and above do you use or recommend?