AmeriKKKa

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:12 pm

thelike5 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Your argument is silly and grossly devoid of any factual or historical context. Of course they're not voting for Clinton because they like her you dimwit! People in both parties have been doing this for years. It's a standard way to try make sure the candidate on the other side that you perceive to be "beatable" becomes their nominee. So people look at polls that say McCain has a better chance of beating Clinton than Obama and then they go vote on the opposite side's primaries.

There may be people in the country who don't want a black president but they're not voting for Hillary to keep it from happening. They're sitting in a double-wide, making meth in their bathtub, and fucking their cousin.
Gotcha. Thanks. Thanks a lot. I am now a changed man and will never again think that this country has any racist assholes in it that make over $30,000 a year and actually wear a clean shirt to work.

Wow. I guess years of looking at all those white people in corporate America was a fucking optical illusion. Hell, I'm looking at a bunch right now!
So "white" = "racist"?
Unsound Designer

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Oh, and way not to address the part of my post that talks about why you are wrong.
Unsound Designer

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Generalization, but that might not be too far from the truth. Here in denmark though its just the pensionists :P

Landwhale
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Landwhale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Also, in defense of thelike5 here, racism is very much alive and well in America
Speaking generally across the board, if you honestly can't see it, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying you're either REALLY optimistic and naive, or you're a fucking racist yourself and you should at least admit it to yourself. I know I'm looking at it from a pretty black/white perspective (pun :) ), but racism is so obvious and apparent in most parts of this country that it's almost like saying you can't see the sun in the sky.

The overwhelming majority of us, regardless of race, have been pitted against "the other colors" since childhood. Notice how children are not racists until they are taught to be. It is passed up, down and all around through previous, current and to the future generations through an equal amount of family, friends, and propaganda.
Last edited by Landwhale on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:19 pm

it makes me sad :(

i'll try to change the world :P

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:27 pm

Landwhale wrote:Also, in defense of thelike5 here, racism is very much alive and well in America
Speaking generally across the board, if you honestly can't see it, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying you're either REALLY optimistic and naive, or you're a fucking racist yourself and you should at least admit it to yourself.

The overwhelming majority of us, regardless of race, have been pitted against "the other colors" since childhood. Notice how children are not racists until they are taught to be. It is passed up, down and all around through previous, current and to the future generations through an equal amount of family, friends, and propaganda.
I may be naïve but I'm not a racist. Unless you would consider hating the human race to be racism.

I'm a nihilist so I'm voting for the next asteroid large enough to cause a mass extinction. And why? Because of racists. Because of terrorists. Etc., etc. But mostly because most people are either too afraid or not afraid enough of one or the other. There's no balance, we aren't capable of it and I think that trying to save the human race from itself has to be just about the worst idea ever.
Unsound Designer

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:27 pm

stringtapper wrote:Oh, and way not to address the part of my post that talks about why you are wrong.
Because, I'm never wrong.

:wink:

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:29 pm

stringtapper wrote:


I'm a nihilist
That must be exhausting.

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 pm

you're crazy thats what you are. Sick...

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Landwhale wrote:Also, in defense of thelike5 here, racism is very much alive and well in America
Speaking generally across the board, if you honestly can't see it, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying you're either REALLY optimistic and naive, or you're a fucking racist yourself and you should at least admit it to yourself.

The overwhelming majority of us, regardless of race, have been pitted against "the other colors" since childhood. Notice how children are not racists until they are taught to be. It is passed up, down and all around through previous, current and to the future generations through an equal amount of family, friends, and propaganda.
I may be naïve but I'm not a racist. Unless you would consider hating the human race to be racism.

I'm a nihilist so I'm voting for the next asteroid large enough to cause a mass extinction. And why? Because of racists. Because of terrorists. Etc., etc. But mostly because most people are either too afraid or not afraid enough of one or the other. There's no balance, we aren't capable of it and I think that trying to save the human race from itself has to be just about the worst idea ever.

Any conversation that starts off with I'm an anarchist or I'm a nihilist has to be A.) either the biggest cop out attitude I've ever heard or B.) penned by a 16 year old in his mothers basement. I'm hoping you fall in the latter category.

If you hate society so much and want to see the proverbial asteroid hit the planet then why not just kill yourself? It's better for the rest of us that way.

Just put your expensive replacements-for-human-beings jerk off machines to me in yer will... ok? Please?

Danke.
Last edited by thelike5 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 pm

thefool wrote:you're crazy thats what you are. Sick...
I knew once I eventually got around to posting about politics/philosophy around here that I could get that response.

I've often wondered if there's anything the Abes would censor on this board.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 pm

thelike5 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
Landwhale wrote:Also, in defense of thelike5 here, racism is very much alive and well in America
Speaking generally across the board, if you honestly can't see it, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying you're either REALLY optimistic and naive, or you're a fucking racist yourself and you should at least admit it to yourself.

The overwhelming majority of us, regardless of race, have been pitted against "the other colors" since childhood. Notice how children are not racists until they are taught to be. It is passed up, down and all around through previous, current and to the future generations through an equal amount of family, friends, and propaganda.
I may be naïve but I'm not a racist. Unless you would consider hating the human race to be racism.

I'm a nihilist so I'm voting for the next asteroid large enough to cause a mass extinction. And why? Because of racists. Because of terrorists. Etc., etc. But mostly because most people are either too afraid or not afraid enough of one or the other. There's no balance, we aren't capable of it and I think that trying to save the human race from itself has to be just about the worst idea ever.

Any conversation that starts off with I'm an anarchist or I'm a nihilist has to be A.) either the biggest cop out attitude I've ever heard or B.) penned by a 16 year old in his mothers basement. I'm hoping you fall in the latter category.

If you hate society so much and want to see the proverbial asteroid hit the planet then why not just kill yourself? It's better for the rest of us that way.
Simple. Because if there ever could be a real way to make the human race extinct I would be taking myself out of the running for finding it. I can't trust you fucks to drink the laced Kool-Aid right after me can I?
Unsound Designer

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm

stringtapper wrote:
thelike5 wrote:
stringtapper wrote: I may be naïve but I'm not a racist. Unless you would consider hating the human race to be racism.

I'm a nihilist so I'm voting for the next asteroid large enough to cause a mass extinction. And why? Because of racists. Because of terrorists. Etc., etc. But mostly because most people are either too afraid or not afraid enough of one or the other. There's no balance, we aren't capable of it and I think that trying to save the human race from itself has to be just about the worst idea ever.

Any conversation that starts off with I'm an anarchist or I'm a nihilist has to be A.) either the biggest cop out attitude I've ever heard or B.) penned by a 16 year old in his mothers basement. I'm hoping you fall in the latter category.

If you hate society so much and want to see the proverbial asteroid hit the planet then why not just kill yourself? It's better for the rest of us that way.
Simple. Because if there ever could be a real way to make the human race extinct I would be taking myself out of the running for finding it. I can't trust you fucks to drink the laced Kool-Aid right after me can I?
Again, if you ever decide to kill yourself please just address those damn expensive robots to me in your will. That's all now. So go and do like a good nihilst does.. whatever that is...
Last edited by thelike5 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:38 pm

thelike5 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:I'm a nihilist
That must be exhausting.
:lol:

the dude abides.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
thelike5 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:I'm a nihilist
That must be exhausting.
:lol:

the dude abides.
:D

Hell, if there making it that easy for me...

Got's to break dem young thangs in...

Post Reply