AmeriKKKa

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:42 pm

stringtapper you misunderstand me. I do not think you are better than the terrorists when you think killing people is the only solution. Not a single tad better..

Your pointless idea of killing everbody is way out of line (and YOU talk about sensorship?)

There sure is a lot of bad people out there, including racists and terrorists and people who bug others just because they find it funny, but there are also good people. You just have to find them..
I knew once I eventually got around to posting about politics/philosophy around here that I could get that response.
Well, when you post OBSCENE comments like "i think the whole planet should be exterminated"..
I've often wondered if there's anything the Abes would censor on this board.
Against pointless mass hating comments like "i hope you all die"?
You just wished me dead. Along with 5 billion others.

You're one of those people who would shoot around at a school.

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:44 pm

thefool wrote:stringtapper you misunderstand me. I do not think you are better than the terrorists when you think killing people is the only solution. Not a single tad better..

Your pointless idea of killing everbody is way out of line (and YOU talk about sensorship?)

There sure is a lot of bad people out there, including racists and terrorists and people who bug others just because they find it funny, but there are also good people. You just have to find them..
I knew once I eventually got around to posting about politics/philosophy around here that I could get that response.
Well, when you post OBSCENE comments like "i think the whole planet should be exterminated"..
I've often wondered if there's anything the Abes would censor on this board.
Against pointless mass hating comments like "i hope you all die"?
You just wished me dead. Along with 5 billion others.

You're one of those people who would shoot around at a school.
Nope. In fact I just turned in a person at my institution for showing signs of being one of those.

The point is not to kill people. I don't want humans to suffer. I just don't want humans.
Last edited by stringtapper on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unsound Designer

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:45 pm

edit: moment.

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Nope. In fact I just turned in a person at my institution for showing signs of being one of those.

The point is not to kill people. I don't want humans to suffer. I just don't want humans.
I think you just need to meet lovable people like myself :)

*high self esteem today*

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 pm

stringtapper wrote:Nope. In fact I just turned in a person at my institution for showing signs of being one of those.
WHAT?!?!?!! when you say institution you mean rubber walls and straight jackets or a school?
8O
The point is not to kill people. I don't want humans to suffer. I just don't want humans.
some people should die
that's just unconscious knowledge.
-Janes Addiction
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 pm

thefool wrote:
Nope. In fact I just turned in a person at my institution for showing signs of being one of those.

The point is not to kill people. I don't want humans to suffer. I just don't want humans.
I think you just need to meet lovable people like myself :)
You're probably right. My nihilism is borne of sheer frustration. It is precisely because I'd like to see an end to human suffering that I have come to the conclusion that the only way to ever eradicate it is to eradicate humans.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Nope. In fact I just turned in a person at my institution for showing signs of being one of those.
WHAT?!?!?!! when you say institution you mean rubber walls and straight jackets or a school?
8O
The point is not to kill people. I don't want humans to suffer. I just don't want humans.
some people should die
that's just unconscious knowledge.
-Janes Addiction
A state university.
Unsound Designer

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:54 pm

But then you would eradicate the good things too!

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:06 pm

and you owe me an apology too, for telling me to be censored :P

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 pm

thefool wrote:and you owe me an apology too, for telling me to be censored :P
No, that didn't mean that you should be censored.

I was talking about how this place has become a cesspool because they don't moderate and I've always wanted to see how far I could push the envelope. Like if I started talking about wanting to implement terrorist attacks and started naming locations and such. Do you think they would censor that? What if one of the locations happened to be the Abes' office?

That's what I meant when I said I wondered whether they would ever censor anything.

Again it's borne of frustration. I see ridiculous behavior and my only way to cope is by showing people just how ridiculous things can get if they want things like absolute freedom of expression or even absolute freedom of action with no consequences (ie anarchy).
Unsound Designer

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Do you think they would censor that?
try :P

well. It looked like a comment directly faced towards me and possibly tone deft due to your use of quotes :)

just cheer up. Why am I so happy? Just got a new condensor mic with all the equipment like steel foot, shock mount, preamp, popfilter etc :P

I know pretty damn well that material stuff is not real happiness (i tried it on myself btw. The ones who think that it is, simply haven't got enough. Once you got enough you realize its not what you want). Working on my new track is though, and this stuff gets me a step closer to fulfilling a dream :)

If it ends like sounding as it does in my head, i'll post it.

and finally got the lyrics done. Simple but effective enough. Its not the lyrics its the use of movement in them, rythm, melody.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:18 pm

stringtapper wrote:
thefool wrote:and you owe me an apology too, for telling me to be censored :P
No, that didn't mean that you should be censored.

I was talking about how this place has become a cesspool because they don't moderate and I've always wanted to see how far I could push the envelope. Like if I started talking about wanting to implement terrorist attacks and started naming locations and such. Do you think they would censor that? What if one of the locations happened to be the Abes' office?
it's been done, no reaction. the forum is pretty much an exercise in anarchy (maybe you can speak better to that.) here's the deal, we're all moderators. if you want to run amuck go ahead but expect people to either ignore you, block you with the troll blocker or rant and rip you a new one.

the Abes seem to have really stepped it up with deleting porn, I'm getting sexually frustrated, this sucks. funny how people forget to complement them when they do take action but whine when they want action to be taken.

what's your alter-nick? 31 posts, half a dozen today and you're judging how the forum behaves these days? you got no cred on that unless you alter-nick.

Again it's borne of frustration. I see ridiculous behavior and my only way to cope is by showing people just how ridiculous things can get if they want things like absolute freedom of expression or even absolute freedom of action with no consequences (ie anarchy).
that's the way people would rant against you if you started acting like an annoying ass on the forum.
Last edited by Tone Deft on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm

He has been a member since 2004. He CAN just have spent time reading instead of posting.

I warn you though, that is not a good way to learn how people really are. You have to interact with them :)

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
thefool wrote:and you owe me an apology too, for telling me to be censored :P
No, that didn't mean that you should be censored.

I was talking about how this place has become a cesspool because they don't moderate and I've always wanted to see how far I could push the envelope. Like if I started talking about wanting to implement terrorist attacks and started naming locations and such. Do you think they would censor that? What if one of the locations happened to be the Abes' office?
it's been done, no reaction. the forum is pretty much an exercise in anarchy (machinesworking can speak better to that.) here's the deal, we're all moderators. if you want to run amuck go ahead but expect people to either ignore you, block you with the troll blocker or rant and rip you a new one.

the Abes seem to have really stepped it up with deleting porn, I'm getting sexually frustrated, this sucks. funny how people forget to complement them when they do take action but whine when they want action to be taken.

what's your alter-nick? 31 posts, half a dozen today and you're judging how the forum behaves these days? you got no cred on that unless you alter-nick.

Again it's borne of frustration. I see ridiculous behavior and my only way to cope is by showing people just how ridiculous things can get if they want things like absolute freedom of expression or even absolute freedom of action with no consequences (ie anarchy).
that's the way people would rant against you if you started acting like an annoying ass on the forum.
I'm a lurker. I've been coming here for years but I never post because there are so few threads that have anything to do with Live or music that I feel I can contribute to. And the ones that are worthwhile are usually in TnT and answer a question or give me a tip that I run off and try. I guess I should post more thanks for those tips.

I just have a little down time and I've been wanting go nihilist on this place for a while.

And as far as "cred" goes I'd rather spend my time worrying about other things.

Like destroying the human race!

I mean....uh....making a synth in Max......yeah that's what I'm really doing....
Unsound Designer

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 pm

it's the obvious card, had to be played. I don't care either way.

you seem to be into this anarchy thing, how well does this forum approximate an anarchistic society? just curious.



synths in max... I could not get polyphony to work, monophonic is easy. then there's the tarnce~ object, lol check it if you haven't, instant Tiesto!
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

Post Reply