AmeriKKKa

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:20 pm

thelike5 wrote:I'm in Cleveland which isn't quite redneck but I get yer point.
and I'm in San Francisco which blurs my view of the rest of the country, you live in a more realistic town than mine. omfg if someone started walking down the street ranting pro McCain rhetoric they'd get booed REAL fast, kinda lame but I love it.

There were actual accounts of card carrying Republicans switching simply becuase they don't want a black president in office. How is that hard to believe? Cleveland is actually quite liberal compared to Cincinatti, where there is some serious bible thumping but I wouldn't go so far to say mouth breathing... that's a bit further down the line...
I totally believe it, there are also accounts of people eating their own feces but it doesn't mean it's a representative sampling of voters. dunno man, I'm listening though.

Whatever dude. You are just trying to start something with me because I got into it with your cyber mate the other day. Relax.
I honestly don't have a fucking clue what you're referring to. I'm picking on you because you're being a fuckwit and badgers eat fuckwits. I have no problem telling anyone off on this forum, I treat all you assholes the same, you've never seen Neb and I tell each other to fuck off (for example)??


And as far as the KKK's go I'll promise not to use it again if you promise not to misuse quote marks, get a little sunlight and stop posting so damn much.
we can all do whatever we want. it was a slight misquote, nothing to get your panties in a knot over.

I'll post however much I want, if it pisses you off, I'll post even more. ;)

/fired up on coffee, it's my lunch break. deal wid it.

it's all politics man, shit that can divide any two people. but you have to realize this is a worldwide forum and fuckwittery is easy to pick out and rant against.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

acroberts
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:48 pm

Post by acroberts » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 pm

thelike5 wrote:I'm in Cleveland which isn't quite redneck but I get yer point. There were actual accounts of card carrying Republicans switching simply becuase they don't want a black president in office. How is that hard to believe? Cleveland is actually quite liberal compared to Cincinatti, where there is some serious bible thumping but I wouldn't go so far to say mouth breathing... that's a bit further down the line...

This is the first time I've been sucked into politics on these boards, but I'm from Cleveland, too, and I'm calling bullshit on your race-baiting rant.

The matter of the fact is that McCain fares better against than Clinton than against Obama.

Hell, I'm registered Republican and I can't stand my own party any more, but if I have a choice between Clinton vs. McCain, I might have to lean McCain. Don't ask me why. It is what it is.

BUT, make me decide McCain vs. Obama and now I'm thinking twice.

...and THAT'S why die-hard Conservatives are voting Hillary...because their tired old man would do better against a tired old woman...

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:37 pm

acroberts wrote:
thelike5 wrote:I'm in Cleveland which isn't quite redneck but I get yer point. There were actual accounts of card carrying Republicans switching simply becuase they don't want a black president in office. How is that hard to believe? Cleveland is actually quite liberal compared to Cincinatti, where there is some serious bible thumping but I wouldn't go so far to say mouth breathing... that's a bit further down the line...

This is the first time I've been sucked into politics on these boards, but I'm from Cleveland, too, and I'm calling bullshit on your race-baiting rant.

The matter of the fact is that McCain fares better against than Clinton than against Obama.

Hell, I'm registered Republican and I can't stand my own party any more, but if I have a choice between Clinton vs. McCain, I might have to lean McCain. Don't ask me why. It is what it is.

BUT, make me decide McCain vs. Obama and now I'm thinking twice.

...and THAT'S why die-hard Conservatives are voting Hillary...because their tired old man would do better against a tired old woman...
There are Republicans in Cleveland?

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
thelike5 wrote:I'm in Cleveland which isn't quite redneck but I get yer point.
and I'm in San Francisco which blurs my view of the rest of the country, you live in a more realistic town than mine. omfg if someone started walking down the street ranting pro McCain rhetoric they'd get booed REAL fast, kinda lame but I love it.

There were actual accounts of card carrying Republicans switching simply becuase they don't want a black president in office. How is that hard to believe? Cleveland is actually quite liberal compared to Cincinatti, where there is some serious bible thumping but I wouldn't go so far to say mouth breathing... that's a bit further down the line...
I totally believe it, there are also accounts of people eating their own feces but it doesn't mean it's a representative sampling of voters. dunno man, I'm listening though.

Whatever dude. You are just trying to start something with me because I got into it with your cyber mate the other day. Relax.
I honestly don't have a fucking clue what you're referring to. I'm picking on you because you're being a fuckwit and badgers eat fuckwits. I have no problem telling anyone off on this forum, I treat all you assholes the same, you've never seen Neb and I tell each other to fuck off (for example)??


And as far as the KKK's go I'll promise not to use it again if you promise not to misuse quote marks, get a little sunlight and stop posting so damn much.
we can all do whatever we want. it was a slight misquote, nothing to get your panties in a knot over.

I'll post however much I want, if it pisses you off, I'll post even more. ;)

/fired up on coffee, it's my lunch break. deal wid it.

it's all politics man, shit that can divide any two people. but you have to realize this is a worldwide forum and fuckwittery is easy to pick out and rant against.
Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...

Landwhale
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Landwhale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hahahaha, too true.

Now go ahead almighty forum master, call me a fuckwit. Feed your fanboys.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:11 pm

thelike5 wrote:Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...
oh man, DAMN!!! you got me with that one, best leave you alone, you're one bad motherfucker.

nice thread btw.

:P politics... :roll:


oh landwhale, trying hard to be relevant. post something relevant, if I'm wrong, call me on it. what a limpdick. (does that work for you? apparently you're one of my biggest fans.)
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

thefool
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: AmeriKKKa

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:15 pm

thelike5 wrote:black woman.
:D

Landwhale
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Landwhale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
thelike5 wrote:Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...
oh man, DAMN!!! you got me with that one, best leave you alone, you're one bad motherfucker.

nice thread btw.

:P politics... :roll:


oh landwhale, trying hard to be relevant.
One can only hope that someday, I too will be able to spend my days on the Ableton forum trying to come up with witty off-topic comments so I can feel alive.
Can you please give me some insider's tips? I'm in awe of you!

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
thelike5 wrote:Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...
oh man, DAMN!!! you got me with that one, best leave you alone, you're one bad motherfucker.

nice thread btw.

:P politics... :roll:


oh landwhale, trying hard to be relevant. post something relevant, if I'm wrong, call me on it. what a limpdick. (does that work for you? apparently you're one of my biggest fans.)
Seriously man. What kind of job can you have if you are posting all day, every day? Oh, you must be one of those "work from home guys"...

Makes perfect sense.

8)

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Landwhale wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
thelike5 wrote:Um, ok then. Something tells me you are "out to lunch" all the time...
oh man, DAMN!!! you got me with that one, best leave you alone, you're one bad motherfucker.

nice thread btw.

:P politics... :roll:


oh landwhale, trying hard to be relevant.
One can only hope that someday, I too will be able to spend my days on the Ableton forum trying to come up with witty off-topic comments so I can feel alive.
Can you please give me some insider's tips? I'm in awe of you!
does anyone really want to read us going back and forth like ADD laden retards?

what do you make of all the political bullshit? if it's nothing then piss off, get it?

kthxbye.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

Landwhale
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Landwhale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm

All joking aside, I'm not trying to start shit. I don't spend enough time on here to be sure of it, but it seems like the majority of your "contributions" to the forum are pretty worthless, just you constantly trying to quote people in an attempt to one up them.
I just started posting recently, so maybe I'm in no position to talk here. If this is the case, by all means, somebody (besides ToneDeft), let me know and I will stand corrected.

Most people come on the forum to learn and attempt to exchange information about this music application called Ableton Live. Then there are others who flood the forum with a bunch of bullshit, making it more difficult to find relevant, useful information relating to Ableton Live, or anything for that matter.

I enjoy off-topic threads, but it seems like a few key people always end up hijacking them to feed their own egos (and yes ToneDeft, before you click that quote button, I'm well aware you could make that accusation about this post :wink: )

Am I alone here?

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Landwhale wrote:All joking aside, I'm not trying to start shit. I don't spend enough time on here to be sure of it, but it seems like the majority of your "contributions" to the forum are pretty worthless, just you constantly trying to quote people in an attempt to one up them.
I just started posting recently, so maybe I'm in no position to talk here. If this is the case, by all means, somebody (besides ToneDeft), let me know and I will stand corrected.

Most people come on the forum to learn and attempt to exchange information about this music application called Ableton Live. Then there are others who flood the forum with a bunch of bullshit, making it more difficult to find relevant, useful information relating to Ableton Live, or anything for that matter.

I enjoy off-topic threads, but it seems like a few key people always end up hijacking them to feed their own egos (and yes ToneDeft, before you click that quote button, I'm well aware you could make that accusation about this post :wink: )

Am I alone here?
No you are not alone. I like a good flame war as much as the next guy (around election time) but all things considered, I've been here for just about six years and pretty much come on the forum to help someone out if I can, offer my advice, download a patch or two and just get a few good laughs. If I can hear some good music or be turned onto something new so be it.

There are a lot of people on here, just like any other forum, who want to constantly start an internet war because they probably don't have a lot of real friends.

That's cool and all. A lot of people do it. Ableton or other public pissing forums. I've dabbled but I never inhaled...

8O

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Your argument is silly and grossly devoid of any factual or historical context. Of course they're not voting for Clinton because they like her you dimwit! People in both parties have been doing this for years. It's a standard way to try make sure the candidate on the other side that you perceive to be "beatable" becomes their nominee. So people look at polls that say McCain has a better chance of beating Clinton than Obama and then they go vote on the opposite side's primaries.

There may be people in the country who don't want a black president but they're not voting for Hillary to keep it from happening. They're sitting in a double-wide, making meth in their bathtub, and fucking their cousin.
Unsound Designer

Landwhale
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Landwhale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 pm

As far as my thoughts on all the political threads on this forum, well, some of them are pretty interesting, challenging, intelligent conversations, and I've gotten turned on to some websites I didn't know about, learned some worthwhile facts, etc.
However, alot of them (in my opinion, which will not be a popular one, I promise :) ) are what I see as evidence of how well the propaganda model actually works, and it's pretty disheartening to be honest.

IMHO, we are at a point in time where it is increasingly apparent how deep the corruption runs in our entire society. I honestly can't understand how people DON'T see how the media creates their opinions and outlooks for them.
The major outlets create the headlines, create the distractions, the false pretenses for war, etc. They create the illusion of choice between candidates, yet rarely do anything more than scratch the surface on ANY topic/issue that is genuinely important to the American people and/or the rest of the world. They focus on shit-talking between the parties, and in-fighting amongst them, none of which matters. NONE of which matters.

This consistent stream of propaganda flows to the citizens through every channel imaginable, the citizens then reinforce the illusion by regurgitating (nearly verbatim) all the quotes, soundbytes and headlines that they have been force-fed until they believe it themselves, making the system self-perpetual. If you notice, by the time most people are done "debating" about almost any given political topic, they simply retreat and both "sides" come to the conclusion that they don't have much power to do anything about anything.
Do you think this is merely a coincidence? Honestly? Something so consistent and predictable and repeatable just magically happens everytime, guaranteed?
The end result is what's important here, and that is that people feel helpless and powerless.

The media doesn't like to talk about a lot of other things, here's one little nugget for you to chew on, I believe someone has posted this here before.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959
Now, after reading this, please realize that this is not some conspiracy theory, this is getting close to becoming actual law. If/when it does, these OT forum threads could actually become LEGALLY classifiable as homegrown terrorism, since there is no CLEAR definition of what homegrown terrorism is in the bill.
Also, for those of you who are quick to call conspiracy theory, keep in mnd the fact that the majority of your representatives already passed this in the house, so I think that is pretty telling of where they stand in regards to protecting your "freedom".
If you think this is for your protection from terrorists and bad-guys, I feel sorry for you, no joke, from the bottom of my heart.

So if you want, keep on believing that you are "making an important choice" when you go out and vote for your (conveniently) pre-selected, funded, and "approved" candidate, blue or red. It's a lot easier that way :)

thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 pm

stringtapper wrote:Your argument is silly and grossly devoid of any factual or historical context. Of course they're not voting for Clinton because they like her you dimwit! People in both parties have been doing this for years. It's a standard way to try make sure the candidate on the other side that you perceive to be "beatable" becomes their nominee. So people look at polls that say McCain has a better chance of beating Clinton than Obama and then they go vote on the opposite side's primaries.

There may be people in the country who don't want a black president but they're not voting for Hillary to keep it from happening. They're sitting in a double-wide, making meth in their bathtub, and fucking their cousin.
Gotcha. Thanks. Thanks a lot. I am now a changed man and will never again think that this country has any racist assholes in it that make over $30,000 a year and actually wear a clean shirt to work.

Wow. I guess years of looking at all those white people in corporate America was a fucking optical illusion. Hell, I'm looking at a bunch right now!

Post Reply