AmeriKKKa

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thelike5
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by thelike5 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:22 pm

popslut wrote:
Landwhale wrote:Who would have thought this thread would end up like all the others?
Never saw it coming. :wink:
Thanks for trying though. One great post in a sea of horseshit.
Yep... and yours smells worse than everyone elses.

chrysalis33rpm
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:56 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:42 pm

popslut wrote:
chrysalis33rpm wrote:
popslut wrote:Whatever.
A very eloquent and well thought out response.
Well you're just getting into the same old bullshit that they were.

Do you know the subtle differences between Guildford and Petersfield?

No, because they're only relevant to the people that live there. To everyone else in the world they're just practically identical English towns.
I didn't claim to have spent a great deal of time in either of those towns, as you did with SF. I have, of course, no opinion about them.

I haven't commented on this political thread, and am not therefore getting into the same bullshit "they" were. My only comment was merely reminding you not to diss the people of an entire region because you have a problem with one forum member who happens to live there. I'm touchy about it because I miss my hometown. (Oh, and I did tell Nathannn to go away, but that's in a very general sense!)

The rest of your comment is quality, tho'.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 pm

you're all cunts

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:13 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:My only comment was merely reminding you not to diss the people of an entire region because you have a problem with one forum member who happens to live there.
It wasn't upposed to be a "diss" - to somebody living in a Calcutta slum San Francisco [or London or Barcelona or Toronto*. ] might as well be fucking Disneyland.

To be honest i find that the opinions and aspirations of wealthy western 30-somethings are way over-represented in the world in general and when I sit down to read somebody's thoughts on an interesting topic, only watch it degenerate into the usual whining and bullshitting makes me lose the will to live.

*Ok - maybe not Toronto.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:21 pm

popslut wrote:
chrysalis33rpm wrote:My only comment was merely reminding you not to diss the people of an entire region because you have a problem with one forum member who happens to live there.
It wasn't upposed to be a "diss" - to somebody living in a Calcutta slum San Francisco [or London or Barcelona or Toronto*. ] might as well be fucking Disneyland.

To be honest i find that the opinions and aspirations of wealthy western 30-somethings are way over-represented in the world in general and when I sit down to read somebody's thoughts on an interesting topic, only watch it degenerate into the usual whining and bullshitting makes me lose the will to live.

*Ok - maybe not Toronto.
calcutta's probably a bad example these days - india is booming - 400 million just in the middle classes - a third more than the entire united states, in the middle class

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:23 pm

slut - you don't know me, don't pretend that you do. you take all this waaaaaay too seriously. thanks for thinking that I'm wealthy. sweeeeet, maybe now I can move to Spain and sit by the pool all day.

all the things you said about me I wrote pages ago, it's exaggerated, a generalized concession I made to meet thelike5 halfway. why am I explaining myself to you? this was yesterday and you're dragging it around like an old bone the dog found in the yard.

what goes on in a 50 year old man's life to make him go into a forum for software he doesn't use to pick fights is beyond me. you used to be interesting, now you're just a pissy old man.

have a drink, sit in the pool, chill out. it's the INTERNET, it's not worth it. chill man, have a reality check, you're all pissy over the INTERNET!!! I bet if popslut from 10 years ago saw you typing away he'd kick your ass.


have a good day, enjoy that Spanish sunshine.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:24 pm

forge wrote:
calcutta's probably a bad example these days - india is booming - 400 million just in the middle classes - a third more than the entire united states, in the middle class
popslut wrote:Calcutta slum

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Tone Deft wrote:slut - [...] sunshine.
More horseshit. Why do you bother?

Oh, and I'm 4 years older than you, you silly boy.

Ajbbklyn
Posts: 392
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: New Hope, PA
Contact:

Post by Ajbbklyn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Tone Deft wrote:what goes on in a 50 year old man's life to make him go into a forum for software he doesn't use to pick fights is beyond me. you used to be interesting, now you're just a pissy old man.
Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull. I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now
Andy Baum
(nicht der österreichische Musiker)
http://andy-baum.com

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:28 pm

8)
spot on.

/snaps fingers.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

nathannn
Posts: 3310
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:38 am
Location: U.S.

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:11 pm

popslut wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:slut - [...] sunshine.
More horseshit. Why do you bother?

Oh, and I'm 4 years older than you, you silly boy.
lol nice sig...not much of a life though huh???

...
about not contributing to the forum (this isnt a real communtiy you two little shits know that right?)
i found a max msp patch that generates gay men moaning...
i will upload it so you and (crysaliss??) can wack to it..
latter ...lova!!
had to edit that..
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:42 pm

:roll:
check your posts natthann, you're an asshole, always popping in to take a shit but never say anything worth reading.

you and max, right...

omfg I looked at your myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=80197014

what a twat.

but your tunes are pretty good. ;)

1st tune - fuck the comments on the voice, fits the style, as much as I HATE to say it your voice is almost Tom Waits like in some of his more intimate tunes. not bad guitar playing either.

2nd tune - kinda rough but it's got good flow, could be a nice wall of sound thing there if you can produce.

3rd tune - reminds me of some of the grunge I like, Sonic Youth and shit.

4th tune - lol sooo sounds like Adore when Corgan went electric, that fat floppy kick drum with spooshy snare. not your best tune but fuck it, it's not all that bad.



who are your influences? I think we like the some of the same shit.

nevermind, you're an asshole!!! meh, so am I. fuck off!! :lol:
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:47 pm

*mental note* disregard everything Tone Deft has to say about music from now on
spreader of butter

Tone Deft
Posts: 23565
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:49 pm

/pets b0unce on the head. good troll.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

popslut
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Tone Deft wrote:...typing away...
Let's try to keep some perspective here.

Image

Notice I joined 20 days after you, yet you have managed to type TEN TIMES the horseshit.

I've made three albums and played scores of gigs in many countries across four continents since October 2006.

I've started a family and moved to a different country.

How about you?

I sit and type this shit whilst waiting for my audio files to render.

I'm amazed you find time to have a shit, let alone a life?
Last edited by popslut on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply