Everything else sounds like crap after this....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DjViral

Everything else sounds like crap after this....

Post by DjViral » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:46 pm

any other track just sounds like shit after this is played.. this guy is a god at production.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/29 ... cut%29.mp3

the chopping is so good, the kicks don't even sound like kicks. more like stabs of something distorted but they're perfect.

i mean where does someone even start, if wanting to get a sound like this.
I know I know, i should make my own kind of music, but this is the music i love to make.
it's a pretty vague question so maybe someone could help with some advice on the chopping (is it just sliced like in arrange view, and more importantly how does it sound so staccato). and the drums? what are they? they certainly don't sound like drums. is this technique or just really awesome samples.

thanks

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:47 pm

umm, are you posting pirated music, or is this not on a label?

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:55 pm

heavy compression melds everything together

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 pm

this is an unreleased remix of UFO by french producer SebastiAn. its legit. its cut from his set for PIG Mag Party Milano. just as you can find the SebastiAn vs Baze Tee Rerub version (googler), which is also cut from the set and rearranged for extended play. i cut this version because the intro for the blaze tee rerub is just too long. i'm just lookin for some advice/help on production :)

Petteri Karjalainen

Post by Petteri Karjalainen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:05 am

personally I didn't think this was anything special. maybe it's just me but when shit is compressed beyond recognition, it does not sound nice. matter of opinion i suppose.
wait until the debut Eero Johannes album on Planet Mu .. now there you have some refreshing dynamics and rather clever sample trickery.

cubehog

I don´t get it

Post by cubehog » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:03 am

What´s so special about pump, pump, pump, pump? Nothing profound here. Let him pump. Now what? People like it for 15 min than it gets you a headache.
It´s too loud for my ears and after listening to this 3min. crap I dislike the hype about these french partyrockers even more.
There are so many talented producers out there who want to create organic music and they won´t have a chance because it is not the loudest partystyler record in the universe:
Loudness doesn´t mean quality. So many threads about the loudness war here and this one works completely against the demands on a good piece of music.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 am

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

RibbedSauce

Post by RibbedSauce » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:29 am

Sibanger wrote:One mans trash is another mans treasure.
+1

Its all about tastes people, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its crap does it? surely as a musician youd know how much work goes into a track...and give up the organic bullshit, its music, music is music - its the people who decide what they like and alot of people seem to be liking sebastian
Hear The Music, Feel The Music, Be The Music

m:o

Re: Everything else sounds like crap after this....

Post by m:o » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:03 am

DjViral wrote:any other track just sounds like shit after this is played..

should we take you serious here ? You def. need to spread your musical input.
DjViral wrote:this guy is a god at production.
This guy is nothing to "Jackson and his Computerband". Listen to "Utopia" and you now what i mean !
DjViral wrote:the chopping is so good, the kicks don't even sound like kicks. more like stabs of something distorted but they're perfect.
that's because the kicks fell together with the stabs in the original sample ( and yes it's all about samples in this music).
DjViral wrote:i mean where does someone even start, if wanting to get a sound like this.
I know I know, i should make my own kind of music, but this is the music i love to make.
sample the dead hell out of Rock,Pop,Funk,Soul - chop it up (and i mean without any decay/release) - compress the groove out of it. voila.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 am

RibbedSauce wrote:
Sibanger wrote:One mans trash is another mans treasure.
+1

Its all about tastes people, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its crap does it? surely as a musician youd know how much work goes into a track...and give up the organic bullshit, its music, music is music - its the people who decide what they like
amen to that

thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:58 am

want to produce like this? Just drop a sonalksis TBK3 on the master :lol:

seirously, it can remove dynamics to an extent its actually worth using (on drum tracks for instance.)

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:49 am

I think it's well produced and the cut edits are well done, but I dislike this kind of hyper-compressed, super-loud sound. I'm sure it works well for certain kinds of club nights though.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 am

Very, very dull.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

popslut

Post by popslut » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 am

Christ.

I think one of my migraines is coming on.

The best bit about being old is not having to go to clubs and pretend to like shit like that.

*Sits back in rocking chair with "Slint-Spiderland" on the hi-fi*

mdk

Post by mdk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

needs just a touch more compression.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter