sky broadband?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wilxon

Post by wilxon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:57 am

forge wrote:
wilxon wrote: I do live in neston - on the wirral though and it is quiet around here unlike London. I doubt there are many more people online nearby clogging up the exchange.
what was that one....

Q:what do you call a man in a suit on the Wirral?
A: The defendant

(sorry :oops: )
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually Neston is cheshire, but its right on the line.

& Im from Wales anyway

:lol: :lol: :lol:

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 am

Another happy Sky customer here. I switched a year ago and also pay the £5 per month option.

I switched from Tiscali... who are evil!!!! Avoid them at all costs.

Very happy indeed with Sky - the customer service is SUPERB. Speed and cost also great.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:56 am

headquest wrote:Another happy Sky customer here. I switched a year ago and also pay the £5 per month option.

I switched from Tiscali... who are evil!!!! Avoid them at all costs.

Very happy indeed with Sky - the customer service is SUPERB. Speed and cost also great.
I also switched from tiscali,

maybe its just that tiscali were SO BAD, that we would be happy with anything!!!

:lol:

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Indeed, that's possible :lol:
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 pm

tiscali are going to sell their broadband arm soon, probably to virgin, who are also shit, as are bt, as are sky, as are pipex (who are classic for taking over great providers such as f2s and arsefucking them)

basically you will end up being bent over by one of the 'majors' who spunk all their money on faggy ad campaigns and then urinate on you with small print. tales of ripoff bullshit and total apathetic incompetence abound, but this is the UK after all where the notion of customer service is smaller than the average ableton forum users penis

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Above all DO NOT USE VIRGIN BROADBAND it truly sux - use anything else.
Virgin broadband is the old NTL infrastructure.

Virgin cable internet access is OK.

BTW - if anyone is on virgin here and has a cat - do mail them something out of the litter tray :)
Nothing to see here - move along!

wilxon

Post by wilxon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 pm

TITBAG wrote:tiscali are going to sell their broadband arm soon, probably to virgin, who are also shit, as are bt, as are sky, as are pipex (who are classic for taking over great providers such as f2s and arsefucking them)

basically you will end up being bent over by one of the 'majors' who spunk all their money on faggy ad campaigns and then urinate on you with small print. tales of ripoff bullshit and total apathetic incompetence abound, but this is the UK after all where the notion of customer service is smaller than the average ableton forum users penis

so after all that negativity - any recommendations???

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:37 pm

TITBAG wrote:...as are pipex (who are classic for taking over great providers such as f2s and arsefucking them)
yup. i'm still with f2s but am leaving them when i move house- their service has gone to shit since pipex swallowed them.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:19 pm

wilxon wrote:
TITBAG wrote:tiscali are going to sell their broadband arm soon, probably to virgin, who are also shit, as are bt, as are sky, as are pipex (who are classic for taking over great providers such as f2s and arsefucking them)

so after all that negativity - any recommendations???
nope, it's all fucked in the uk, as soon as someone is recognised as being half-ok, they get bought up and its back to the usual bollocks of hour long queues for 'tech support' < AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA and then finding out the contract stitches you up tighter than russel brands trousers and then of course there is a a 10mph wind and all the BT lines have a heart attack

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:22 pm