Surely there's a timecode dj software this simple:

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
bland_handl

Surely there's a timecode dj software this simple:

Post by bland_handl » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 am

Does anyone know the absolute simplest solution for using CD decks to DJ from a Hard Disk?

What I'm not looking for:
- Serato (and their proprietary audio interface)
- Traktor (or anything with so many bells and whistles)
- Ableton Live (I already produce, perform live, and dj in clubs with it, so I know that's not what I'm looking for in this particular situation)

What I am looking for:
- can drag/drop from itunes
- can playback 2 tracks simultaneously
- can use timecode cds to independantly control the speed on each track
- something I can use with my own audio interface
- preferably something that will respond to loop-points and hot cues of a cd deck

Why:
- I just need something that will allow me to play digital files in my regular bar gigs
- the cd decks and mixer have all the controls/effects I need already
- It's music of all diferent tempo's (disco, r&b, pop, classical, rock) - and it's all disposable stuff I don't want to spend time warping - I just want to turn up with some new stuff (that I maybe haven't even properly listened to), chuck it on and beat match the next track in realtime...

bragi0

Post by bragi0 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:31 am

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:35 am

bragi0 wrote:Deckadance?

+1

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:10 am

Deckadance really work exelent, i buyed the licence 1 month ago !!
Really great software..........they do in one year all things NI and others no make in years....and they go for more.

OSX and Win version, standalone or VST : )

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:19 am

Dj-Grobe wrote:Deckadance really work exelent, i buyed the licence 1 month ago !!
Really great software..........they do in one year all things NI and others no make in years....and they go for more.

OSX and Win version, standalone or VST : )
unfortunately the main developer of the software passed away in a tragic accident, I believe his good work is being continued by the folks at image-line, I hope they really manage to keep up with the genius of Arguru.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:26 am

Yes that guy is the genius basically build all, but imageline guys continue the work and on the last release they fix a big issue with cpu, and fix other things, so i imagine they go for good way.

I trust in this guys, i like when you send mails for sugest things, and they read and repply.

Something similar like Mr Henke in ableton.........

I love that.

bland_handl

Post by bland_handl » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:43 am

Hey thanks heaps guys...

I've been checking this out and it does really seem to fit my needs.

I've only had a quick play with it, and have only used it in standalone mode, but I'm also really excited by the possibilities of using it as a vst within Live!

I didn't have any success in draggring and dropping from iTunes - and I really hope this is possible, as I find iTunes to be a great search/database tool... but I will continue to explore.

Can anyone comment on the stability of the program when using with the different timecode sources?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:06 am

The software is developed based on MISS PINKY SDK, torq time code vinyl use miss pinky time code.
I sugest use that vinyl timecode for the best results

bland_handl

Post by bland_handl » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:34 am

thanks Grobe, that's a great help

I want to use this for cd players, because most of the bars I play don't have vinyl turntables - what are the problems with the cd timecode?

Also, can you comment on the iTunes integration?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:12 am

Well, the CD no have any trouble.

Torq or Ms Pinky work with side a like absolute mode, and side b is relative mode only due is the continuation of side A.............

I never understand why they do on that way, its not usefull way, dont know why do on that way.

I just have torq vinyls, but i asume with torq cd no exist any trouble.

You shouls buy torq cd and test but think not find any trouble.

About ITUNES i really not like nothing related with itunes................so i not use itunes.

bland_handl

Post by bland_handl » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 am

cool! thank you very much for your advice - I will try it out!