Shop to Fix my Ozonic in berlin ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tweaking Knobs

Shop to Fix my Ozonic in berlin ?

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:26 am

Do you know a shop in berlin where they fix Midi controllers,audio interfaces or electronic music instruments in berlin ?

This is my little story :

a couple of years ago i bough live and a Ozonic bundle , The ozonic has a midi "shortcircuit" since i got it. Its always sending a midi signal from the 1/11 parameter if i remember correct.

For example , i press the midi botton to map a paramter ,i choose a parameter to map in live, i dont touch anything in my ozonic , and then : bam ! the parameter i choose gets maped to this 1/11 wich is not anything on the interface , like a knob a fader or a botton.

Once i talked to the Maudio representant guy from spain , he told me that the parameter that was being maped corresponded to the sustain pedal.

I told ableton my problem , they said it was M-audio's thing, And in spain M-audio doesnt have any phone,office or client attention.

The guy i talked with works at Microfusa , one of the biggest music shops in madrid , he is the representant of M-audio in spain , but he said he can only fix for free or change the products he sales in his shop.

Anyway , i dont care to pay , is just that im going to berlin soon , and here where i live there are no shops that do this.

substance_g

Post by substance_g » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 am

Well, welcome to Berlin! I haven't had any direct experience with repair shops in Berlin myself, but you can try asking at the usual suspects: just-music.de - they might have a list of repair shops they use. Otherwise, a quick google search yielded: http://www.xtended.de/index.html
...and you could also try asking at http://www.vintageaudioberlin.de/ to see if they can help. Haven't tried any of these myself, but maybe it'll get you started...

On the other hand, could you a) open up the Ozonic and disconnect/clamp the sustain input, or b) find a software way to ignore 1/11?
MBP-Live7-Oxygen8-Ultralite-UC33e-WaldorfPulse

butch_d

Post by butch_d » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:07 am

apologies... for me and for some my friends m-audio stuff (not ozonic only) was always full of troubles because of its low quality (broken ins/outs, an unstable work and permanent hang-ups, fallen-off faders etc.)... here in moscow nobody wants to repair m-audio... usually they say something like that: "Oh we're so sorry, but we repair the professional sound equipment only..." )))
here is no official m-audio service center and as i see not only here... seems m-audio just doesn't give a f**k about it...

but as your problem is not so serious, hope you will find the solution soon... )

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 am

Call M audio Germany, they are better then others- like with all companies dont mention you bought it in other country as they my say "contact your local M audio".At least worth trying, maybe you can reset or there is other trick.
The labour costs are too high to make it worth repairing in Germany. That is why companies like M audio rather replace then spend hours or days searching for fault. Behringer do not even demand fault description from the dealers receiving faulty unit, just replace - not very ecological but cost-effective for sure.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanx to everyone , i'll ask where you poointed me.

One thing is for sure i will NEVER EVER buy again M-AUDIO , and i will tell my friends not to .

If they dont give a shit about their products,clients and support , why should i keep on buyng their stuff and making them good publicity ?