Rendered Audio is different.. please help. pretty please!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuxnamon

Rendered Audio is different.. please help. pretty please!!

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 am

My dilemma is that I have just finished the mixdown process of a particular song and got it sounding just right. mY goal was to bounce the master track into another Live set and do some touches with the Ozone mastering plug-in.. But the audio that is rendered from the master track sounds muffled when I re-import into another live set. Am I doing something wrong during the mixdown process? I have about 19 audio tracks with 5 return tracks all routed to the master track. All sends are post fader. I do have one instance of a liquid mix (focusrite) plug in (compressor and eq) on the master track that is running. Is it possible that when the master track is rendered, it is not including the plug-in? Or does it have something to do with my redering options. I have normalize set to OFF and i have tried wi/ and w/out dither but it didn't make a difference. Please help..

Ableton Live 7.02
Mac OSX 10.4.10
Dual PPC 2.0, 4 GiG RAM
M-Audio 1814

blank

Post by blank » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 am

Try resample it instead of boucing it.

Check it it gives the same result

Listen to the exported track outside of live if you didn't, maybe it's a warp issue.
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 am

What the peak level of the master track? It should be less than 0db.

What's the resolution (bit depth) of your exported file? It should be as high as possible. Only convert to 16 bit (and dither) at the very last moment.
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II