Vitamin L: 100+ shortcuts to speed up your workflow (a lot).

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
quandry

Re: Vitamin L: 100+ shortcuts to speed up your workflow (a lot).

Post by quandry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm

tonearm wrote:Hey everyone,

sorry I haven't kept up with this thread for a while, been busy with a lot of other things. I am definitely planning an update for Live 8, and then a Windows 7 compatibility fix. Probably some user customizations so that you can at least choose which shortcuts you want to use. May have to make a commercial version of this, since the development is a bit involved. :(
great news. I would seriously paypal you $25 in a heartbeat just to get scroll wheel zoom in arrangerview in Live 8 on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine--it is such a crucial workflow feature for me, no longer working now that I've gone Window 7....any word on the update?!?
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 am

quandry wrote:
tonearm wrote:Hey everyone,

sorry I haven't kept up with this thread for a while, been busy with a lot of other things. I am definitely planning an update for Live 8, and then a Windows 7 compatibility fix. Probably some user customizations so that you can at least choose which shortcuts you want to use. May have to make a commercial version of this, since the development is a bit involved. :(
great news. I would seriously paypal you $25 in a heartbeat just to get scroll wheel zoom in arrangerview in Live 8 on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine--it is such a crucial workflow feature for me, no longer working now that I've gone Window 7....any word on the update?!?
i want customiseable shortcuts. i would pay for that.
i would also pay for the source :)

db120

Post by db120 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 pm

I'd pay for just the scroll zoom as well

quandry

Post by quandry » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 pm

still surprised that Ableton don't implement this feature that is standard in so many other editing platforms...
Just make alt (or ctrl) + scroll wheel = zoom already!
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 pm

downloading

thank you

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:03 pm

It would really help others more if the code was available for people to use.

This looks like a nice hack and I use something similar to get edit functions mapped to a USB numpad but what works for me don't always work for someone else. Without a custom option, this looks like just a different way of doing the same things.

Still, for someone that just wants simplified shortcuts, this is a good little app.

theslyprofessor

Post by theslyprofessor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:48 pm

This may be a bit redundant, but can you please make this software available for Ableton 9? :mrgreen:

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 pm

theslyprofessor wrote:This may be a bit redundant, but can you please make this software available for Ableton 9? :mrgreen:
Does it work at all for Live 8? I'm afraid to try it out, because I don't know what it does to Live's configuration (if anything).

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm

UltimateOutsider wrote:
theslyprofessor wrote:This may be a bit redundant, but can you please make this software available for Ableton 9? :mrgreen:
Does it work at all for Live 8? I'm afraid to try it out, because I don't know what it does to Live's configuration (if anything).
Probably still works with 6 or 7..

Fresh!

Post by Fresh! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:07 am

Hi, does anyone have an idea on using the scroll mouse to zoom in and out in Ableton 9's arrangement view using Windows 64? I see posts dating back to 2006, hard to believe Ableton did not implement this simple yet critical function. Can anyone who might know how to do this in Live9 please let shed some light. I've read all of these posts but don't see a working download link. Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

marine289

Post by marine289 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Fresh! wrote:Hi, does anyone have an idea on using the scroll mouse to zoom in and out in Ableton 9's arrangement view using Windows 64? I see posts dating back to 2006, hard to believe Ableton did not implement this simple yet critical function. Can anyone who might know how to do this in Live9 please let shed some light. I've read all of these posts but don't see a working download link. Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Yeah, I use an app called X-Mouse: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMou ... ontrol.htm

Takes a little while to setup, but works very well.
Use mousewheel up to simulate the + key, and mousewheel down to simulate the - key.
Set this up in layer 2, and use a keycommand enhancer (like ctrl, alt or shift) to zoom. Unfortunately the default keycommand enhancers don't work for zoom, so I used the z key as an alternative. So to zoom in, I now have to press z and scroll forward.

I also use this M4L device to add more shortcuts to solo, mute and fold selected tracks: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1851/futility

Both these devices greatyl improved my editing workflow in Live 9 (although I think these keycommands should work natively in Live, but that's another story ;) )

Fresh!

Post by Fresh! » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm

marine289, very much appreciate the reply, i will try this solution.

If any pair of Ableton engineer eyes are reading this, please consider making this 'feature' a standard in the next update, the people have been asking for this since 2006. This is kind of mission critical for workflow and we'll love for doing it, keep up the good work! :)