Pissed off Newbie

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Ewistrand get over yourself will you.

Make yourself a nice mug of Horlics, go read Aprils copy of Saga theres a nice double spread on vintage church organs this month and chill the fuck out, im over it so you should be too.

For a man who reckons he' been doing this before i was even born, (I'm 35 by the way not 17) you need to learn how to read. I stated before that i downloaded it off google, I have never ever downloaded a vst before so how the fuck was i supposed to know if it was 'cracked'?

Now my knowledge of cracked software is zero, i googled "free vst plugins" and it gave me a few to download, next time i will type "free vst plugins, but make sure its not cracked please". ok? is that alright?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:26 pm

pnewb - look here
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27120
for a list of places to get free stuff. read the whole sticky it will blow your mind.

you know that you don't have to reply to everyone that engages you, you're only sinking to their level.

I'm getting hungry.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:37 pm

:D

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Cheers Tone, much appreciated.

Marx

Post by Marx » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 pm

There's a cream for your problem... Vagisil

blank

Post by blank » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Marx wrote:There's a cream for your problem... Vagisil
Did you ever heard about monista ?

suppose to do a really great job

now that's homo erotic...
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 pm

read the manual 8)
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:13 am

xzusa8ky wrote:read the manual 8)
we'll remember that the next time you have a question.

:P
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

fabaradj

Post by fabaradj » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 pm

pbasonuk, in regards to the initial gripe: I know what you're going through. I posted my first question here about a week and a half ago and everyone immediately came down on me chanting the assumption-based "Manual Mantra". Its like calling information and the operator tells you to go look in the phone book--only difference is that an operator is obligated to answer "stupid" questions, and the people here are not. If they find the questions too annoying or beneath them, they should just butt the F out. Anyway, I was eventually able to pry some info out of a couple of guys and quickly realized that most of the others were just ball-bustin'. However, it is frustrating as fuck, when you get stuck in the middle of a project and you want a quick answer, that your other reference books don't seem to have.

And BTW, gayjin1717, if you EVER stalk me again in another forum with your clumsy little wormy jabs, I will never stop lambasting you wherever I find you. Peace, bitch.

Cragstar

Post by Cragstar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Damn, I'm bored, read the whole thing and still don't know why...

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 pm

Thats odd cragstar because i was wondering why you wasted energy on posting that comment?

The mind boggles !

Winston

Post by Winston » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:20 am

Best to roll with the punches. Anyone who giving shit just to give shit is the sad one and not worth getting upset over. That said, sometimes people ask the simplest stuff that can be found easily by going to the manual and checking the index or table of contents, that's why some people are are pissy sometimes. And about the cracks, yeah don't use 'em. There's too much free stuff that's very good if you don't want to buy. And stuff is so cheap nowadays it doesn't cost much to get everything you need, and developers work hard and should be supported. But I do believe it was an accident.

@Ew - I think you're being a bit hard on him. He obviously didn't know it was a crack or he wouldn't have announced it. There are crack sites everywhere, I can see how a noob could download something thinking it was a free app. Crack sites don't always say "This is an illegal crack!" Downloading a crack does not automatically mean you have stolen from the vendor. An accident like this or just to try something out is not a big deal. Hell, I've downloaded cracks before to demo them so that I don't get some stupid noise or shut-off time (don't worry, I already own everything by N.I.). But I buy all the software I use, so I don't think those few times I've demo'd something with a crack is a big deal. I'd do it again. Anyways, it's unrealistic to expect a noob to research the company of an app that they think is just some freebie on-line. People just don't do that I'm sorry. It just sounds too righteous and I think you should cut him some slack.

Moral of the story - Buy what you use. But let's not get all bent out of shape. @pbasonuk - this forum can be pretty good actually, people are very keen to help each other despite some shit talking, give it a chance.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:23 am

stfu.

:P

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:33 am

fabaradj wrote:Its like calling information and the operator tells you to go look in the phone book--only difference is that an operator is obligated to answer "stupid" questions
You forgot that the operator also gets paid to answer stupid questions.

:wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:37 am

smutek wrote:
fabaradj wrote:Its like calling information and the operator tells you to go look in the phone book--only difference is that an operator is obligated to answer "stupid" questions
You forgot that the operator also gets paid to answer stupid questions.

:wink:
I called them once to ask how to spell Haagen Dazs. why we'd do that is the answer to the question about our fixation of Haagen Daas that night and why we had no chance of spelling it right. or was it Ben & Jerry's? don't remember.