Matthew Dear's HD stolen mid set

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:22 pm

@thewank
Total nobodies, to an audience of nobodies. Actually any kind of gig has wound up costing money. etc. plenty of volunteering/freebie stuff re: SFX & DJ.
you're run of the mill enthusiast

So what ?
Do you want a medal ? Or do you get a free retard pass because you've opened for matt dear ? Do you not realise that any fucktard with the intent can book an artist and share the bill no matter how talentless ? It's certainly no guaranteed stamp of quality, or an assurance of skill or taste. Imvho, of course.

heh, and seeing as you want to turn this into an arbitrary cock contest....I got a free live license just like you :) 'cept mine was for live 7.
spreader of butter

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:39 pm

b0unce wrote:Total nobodies, to an audience of nobodies. Actually any kind of gig has wound up costing money. etc. plenty of volunteering/freebie stuff re: SFX & DJ.
you're run of the mill enthusiast

So what ?
Do you want a medal ? Or do you get to free retard pass because you've opened for matt dear ? Do you not realise that any fucktard with the intent can book an artist and share the bill no matter how talentless ? It's certainly no guaranteed stamp of quality, or an assurance of skill or taste. Imvho, of course.

heh, and seeing as you want to turn this into a cock contest....I got a free live license just like you :) 'cept mine was for live 7.
I didn't book Matt. I was asked to play. Once in Cleveland and once in Detroit. Good shows but that was some time ago. Matt has gone on to do things quite a bit differently and I like the direction his new stuff has entered. Not my style 100% but I dig the tunes.

In any event, I recall you getting that free license because you bitched and moaned enough on this forum (and not through PM's or email like anyone with self respect would do). People like you are the reason those 1-800 numbers on the backs of frozen pizzas exist... that's great and all but people like you are also most likely to get the proverbial spit in the soft drink... I'm sure you have tasted plenty.

I did receive my license of Live for free when it was new software back in the day. I had a conversation with "a friend of a friend", privately, and a pretty green box showed up at my door one day. I have since paid for my upgrade and it was worth every penny.

My taste? Jeez, I only wish my talent was as good as my taste! I respect so many different musicians and gain so much from listening to my friends that I am constantly inspired. Taste!? I've turned more heads onto things than I care to admit to!

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Hmmm, I don't dine at McDonalds and I don't drink soda...so no worries there. :lol:
I did endless amounts of PMs and emails for about, hmmm..10 months before bitching about it. I won't go into it again, but put simply I can easily justify my ire at the time to any reasonable individual who doesn't have any emotional attachments to his/her software or the companies that sell it.

whatever tho, I don't see the point in regurgitating those events in any further detail for you just because you have it assbackwards.

:D
spreader of butter

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:04 pm

b0unce wrote:Hmmm, I don't dine at McDonalds and I don't drink soda...so no worries there. :lol:
I did endless amounts of PMs and emails for about, hmmm..10 months before bitching about it. I won't go into it again, but put simply I can easily justify my ire at the time to any reasonable individual who doesn't have any emotional attachments to his/her software or the companies that sell it.

whatever tho, I don't see the point in regurgitating those events in any further detail for you just because you have it assbackwards.

:D
Great. I'm glad you feel your whining was justified. Just be sure to note that they hate you for it and felt it was best to shut you up as your emails were filling up thier inboxes and eating away at thier storgae space.

Whatever makes you happy man.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 pm

A] you grossly misrepresent the scale and direction of the email exchange. More baseless non-facts.
B] I don't care if they hate me for having basic consumer standards and expecting the company to comply. If a function is advertised it should be delivered, they kept advertising this function for the duration of live6's presence on the main website knowing all the while that it barely worked, and workarounds involved owning kontakt. and they didn't give the license to me purely to shut me up...they gave it to me because they never fucking fixed the issue in live 6. :lol:
spreader of butter

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:26 pm

b0unce wrote:A] you grossly misrepresent the scale and direction of the email exchange. More baseless non-facts.
B] I don't care if they hate me for having basic consumer standards and expecting the company to comply. If a function is advertised it should be delivered, they kept advertising this function for the duration of live6's presence on the main website knowing all the while that it barely worked, and workarounds involved owning kontakt. and they didn't give the license to me to purely shut me up...they gave it to me because they never fucking fixed the issue in live 6. :lol:
So, basically, everyone that purchased Live 6 should be entitled to a free upgrade to 7 correct? Or only special circumstances that YOU feel justify it... even though many a producer created amazing work using Live 6 YOU who play shows to nobody feel the product was broken or defective?

It's one thing to have been given this free upgrade but another thing to gloat about it and bring it up during a thread that had nothing to do with it.

Please, explain to me how our conversation promopted you to bring up my comp software vs. yours? You felt this is a dick measuring contest and had to drop in the fact that you are an insubordinate little troll and nothing more.

Ableton hates you for this yet you still show up on thier forum gloating about it.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:27 pm

WOW WHAT A PAIR OF FAGS

rasputin

The sheer beauty of the human race.

Post by rasputin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 pm

hambone1 wrote:Sorry to be harsh, but no sympathy, really. Think of the type of people who frequent clubs. That’s what backups and Kensington security slots are for. It’s a no-brainer.

How many more of these stories do we need to hear?
OK, got it. It's essentially his fault for being in a club, having something of valuable, not having a security staff and possibly turning his back for a second. Wonderful.

I can't believe I live on the same planet as you do. I can only hope you're robbed (and possibly beaten as well) so we can all blame you for not being more alert to your surroundings or something.

I sincerely wish I would never have to get within a mile of the people who have this mindset. Unfortunately not living in the mountains far away from people I don't have that luxury.

I read a bunch of the comments on brooklynvegan.com and 90% of them were either happy he was robbed, called him a hipster, a douche, or a douche/hipster, or some other choice comment. Only a handful of the dozens of comments even suggested that it might have been WRONG to steal a guy's hard drive while he was performing. They were literally cheering on the perpetrator since "Dear was such a no talent snob so he deserves that and worse."

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Back To Analog! :twisted:

only kidding 8)
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:37 pm

90's child wrote:

Dude,

You're taking this all way too seriously. A producer lost a hardrive. Think Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Tibet and Global Warming.
It's not "A producer lost a hard drive", it's the mentality that stealing is "no big" since it's "only" some DJ and it's "only" a $40 hard drive, the data on which he almost certainly has backed up somewhere. (If he's not, he's definitely a bonehead but that's besides the point here. It's like saying I can steal your car since you have two.)

Anyway, you start with that, and gradually convince yourself that EVERYTHING is "no big" and then you end up with Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Tibet and Global Warming.

/ok, enough self righteousness from me for the day

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:38 pm

thelike5 wrote: So, basically, everyone that purchased Live 6 should be entitled to a free upgrade to 7 correct?
hehe! well durrr, that is pretty obvious given the fact they didn't want me to tell anyone about it. That plus I proved that their foible had actually cost me money as a result of the non-delivery of one of their advertised functions. I'm assuming anyone who can do the same can make the same firm request.
thelike5 wrote: Or only special circumstances that YOU feel justify it... even though many a producer created amazing work using Live 6 YOU who play shows to nobody feel the product was broken or defective?
yes. especially since it was defective, and cost me money as a result.

thelike5 wrote:It's one thing to have been given this free upgrade but another thing to gloat about it and bring it up during a thread that had nothing to do with it.
lol, are you fucking kidding me ? .... you'd swear I was the one who hijacked the thread with an arbitrary cock contest. Its your fault dickhead :)
spreader of butter

thelike5

Re: The sheer beauty of the human race.

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:40 pm

rasputin wrote:
hambone1 wrote:Sorry to be harsh, but no sympathy, really. Think of the type of people who frequent clubs. That’s what backups and Kensington security slots are for. It’s a no-brainer.

How many more of these stories do we need to hear?
OK, got it. It's essentially his fault for being in a club, having something of valuable, not having a security staff and possibly turning his back for a second. Wonderful.

I can't believe I live on the same planet as you do. I can only hope you're robbed (and possibly beaten as well) so we can all blame you for not being more alert to your surroundings or something.

I sincerely wish I would never have to get within a mile of the people who have this mindset. Unfortunately not living in the mountains far away from people I don't have that luxury.

I read a bunch of the comments on brooklynvegan.com and 90% of them were either happy he was robbed, called him a hipster, a douche, or a douche/hipster, or some other choice comment. Only a handful of the dozens of comments even suggested that it might have been WRONG to steal a guy's hard drive while he was performing. They were literally cheering on the perpetrator since "Dear was such a no talent snob so he deserves that and worse."
Haters hate. Not that Matt would need to be informed of this from "BrooklynVeggie" or whatever but he's a succesful guy living off of what we consider fun.

If he needed to know his talent and for whatever reason didn't, seeing a bunch of hacks rip him to shreds on some silly forum should justify that he is someone and they are nobody's. Hater's hate.

Just like Kat Williams said "If you have five haters you need to figure out how to get ten by the end of summer". Shows that you are succesful, as lame as that is.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:42 pm

b0unce wrote:
thelike5 wrote: So, basically, everyone that purchased Live 6 should be entitled to a free upgrade to 7 correct?
hehe! well durrr, that is pretty obvious given the fact they didn't want me to tell anyone about it. That plus I proved that their foible had actually cost me money as a result of the non-delivery of one of their advertised functions. I'm assuming anyone who can do the same can make the same firm request.
thelike5 wrote: Or only special circumstances that YOU feel justify it... even though many a producer created amazing work using Live 6 YOU who play shows to nobody feel the product was broken or defective?
yes. especially since it was defective, and cost me money as a result.

thelike5 wrote:It's one thing to have been given this free upgrade but another thing to gloat about it and bring it up during a thread that had nothing to do with it.
lol, are you fucking kidding me ? .... you'd swear I was the one who hijacked the thread with an arbitrary cock contest. Its your fault dickhead :)
It wasn't defective for anyone who produced and went on to be succesful with Live 6. Heck, I'd figure there were thousands of great tracks produced with that version. Some little bitch ass named bOunce decides HE deserves a free upgrade? Dude. They. Hate. You. Why did you neglect to comment upon this bullet point of mine?

If it's defective why not just ask for your money back and move to another forum?

:?:

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:58 pm

What the fuck are you talking about? You need konntakt use the software? Do you even know what you are doing?

I know there was some strangeness with Ableton Live reading a file created in an NI application but this didn't render the software useless you twit!!

An inconvient workaround sure, big deal. Dude, cry me a river. Does everyhting have to be tailored to your needs?

Go back in your shit infested trough.

b0unce

Re: The sheer beauty of the human race.

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 pm

it took 10 months of "ya, it might be fixed sometime soon" and the arrival of live7 to discover that actually "no, it's not going to be fixed" ...and then I went public.
There was no way a refund was the suitable outcome for that situation, what kind of deluded nut are you ? I might have taken a refund if they offered to me 10 months previously, certainly that would be the reasonable time to offer it. Besides I have invested time and many projects with live, there's no reason on earth I or anyone else should STFU if they come across a bug that shouldn't be there and it busts there workflow...no matter how amateur they are, or in my case the bug didn't bust more workflow as much as it bust my pocket. I can't believe you're even arguing this with me, it's an open & shut case and I barely made a peep for the whole year it transpired.

That's the picture of reason & rational right there. Like I said, someone who doesn't have an emotional attachment to their software or the companies that sell it won't have much difficulty seeing it my way.

I hope they do hate me, now that you mention it :D

anyways, here's an example of your stupidity and willful hypocrisy. I say no one will really care if hambone's HD was to be stolen, to which I get this in reply:
thelike5 wrote: If someone such as bOunce (surprise) thinks it's funny to have your hard drive or any other musical gear stolen than it's clear to me that he hasn't a shred of musical cred nor a friend in the world.
thelike5 wrote: OK, Timbaland and Lars Ulrich are one thing but poking fun at Matt Dear or someone like a casual Ableton user and wishing "your hard drive gets stolen" is troll baiting at it's finest.

Rasputin wishes hambone's HD to be robbed, and possibly a beating too! and thewank is down with it. :roll:
rasputin wrote: I can only hope you're robbed (and possibly beaten as well) so we can all blame you for not being more alert to your surroundings or something.
inconsistent cunt is inconsistent
Last edited by b0unce on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spreader of butter