Authentic analog headphone adatper for sale

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi

Authentic analog headphone adatper for sale

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello my friend,

I thought I could let you know that I have for sale an authentic 2003 headphone adapter unit - completely refurbished and cleaned. THIS IS THE REAL THING. It is not imitation or the knocker versions that you can get. This is the original sound of classic album and headphones mixing from the greats! Your music will be at least 10 times better with this unit. plug it in to your ableton and relax knowing that you are making the hits non-stop

It has 100% analog sound and is a rare unit used by great engineers. This is the same unit as they making for the recrodings of michael jackson thriller, steely dan, jimi hendrix and beatles.

I am asking $6,700 for it but I have an opening for negotiation.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:30 pm

That looks as if its a fake to me, the original definitely had a more rounded end to the positive part of the plug. This has a chamfered end so its the later model and probably only worth £500. It is in good nick though.

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Martyn wrote:That looks as if its a fake to me, the original definitely had a more rounded end to the positive part of the plug. This has a chamfered end so its the later model and probably only worth £500. It is in good nick though.
This is the common misunderstandsing. If you looking closely you see that this model is the one with the grooved edges. IF you know about them then you also know that this is the original british model that they used on sgt. peppers and on many other trance music album. it was put out of producing because they had patenting problems and manufactured them in Italy after 2004.

This is the italian one and it do not sound nearly as good and has cheap microprocessors inside

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Is this adapter good for trance?

cacti

Post by cacti » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:12 pm

does it come with a certificate of authenticity?

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:19 am

gone for a long time but back and firing on all cylinders!

forge

Post by forge » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:22 am

is it worn in? nothing more sterile than one that hasnt been broken in

xrayfish

Post by xrayfish » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:58 am

Hey welcome back to the forum! We've missed you...

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:59 am

OvertoneZero wrote:Is this adapter good for trance?
What about tarnce?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:08 pm

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi wrote:
Martyn wrote:That looks as if its a fake to me, the original definitely had a more rounded end to the positive part of the plug. This has a chamfered end so its the later model and probably only worth £500. It is in good nick though.
This is the common misunderstandsing. If you looking closely you see that this model is the one with the grooved edges. IF you know about them then you also know that this is the original british model that they used on sgt. peppers and on many other trance music album. it was put out of producing because they had patenting problems and manufactured them in Italy after 2004.

This is the italian one and it do not sound nearly as good and has cheap microprocessors inside

It's the short length of cable between the male and female parts of that plug that makes it the weaker sounding of the two.
The italians promote the use of shortened copper molecules in audio cables, it makes for better reproduction of music with a faster tempo, unfortunately it tends to rob Tarnce of too much epicness which normally would require a slightly longer copper molecule in order to sound smooth.

BTW, a friend of mine knows somebody who knows a guy with a music shop in Camden who had one of these stolen last week, he recons it looks exactly like the one you have for sale, are you trying to pass stolen vintage goods here?

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Martyn wrote:
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi wrote:

It's the short length of cable between the male and female parts of that plug that makes it the weaker sounding of the two.

Right, but the pre-2004 cable was a bit longer so that you could plug it to itself and thus achieve perfect looping tarnce.
|soundcloud|

MBP 2.2 GHz i7 quad 10.7.5 8GB ram | Live9suite | Reaper | Metric Halo ULN-2 + DSP | PSI A21-M active monitors | Littlepapercones passive speakers | Studer 169 analog mixer

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Would it be possible to use two of these if I was lucky enough to get a pair for the ultimate in analogue signal splitting.

I hate the harsh cutting digital sound. It cuts like a knife as Micky J said.

By the way I heard there is a new plugin coming out that will make all these things obsolete. It uses some kind of recording of a fetus in the womb humming to emulate pure analogue.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Geebag wrote: By the way I heard there is a new plugin coming out that will make all these things obsolete. It uses some kind of recording of a fetus in the womb humming to emulate pure analogue.
you'll probably have to go through the black market to get one of those as the Pro-life lobby are trying really hard to ban those

apparently God doesnt like fake analogue and it's the work of satan

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:03 pm

I am a newbie in adapting things. Would you advise me to buy a cheaper adapter?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1