For those having reaktor... and any kind of time coded vinyl

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu May 29, 2008 1:12 am

Nathan , some way to create scratch for clips in ableton tracks?
Isoemthing like VST plugin can be loaded in tracks and sued for scracth tracks. : )

I can start donating 100U$ for project like that : )

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 29, 2008 1:20 am

Grobe - RTFT - he needs REAKTOR hackers, this isn't clip scratching (unfortunately.) it's a way for Reaktor users to finally be able to scratch, and ammobox is like a librarian hack Nathan added on. this is Ms Pinky for Reaktor (Pinky is for max/msp) without the vinyl.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Thu May 29, 2008 2:21 am

Hey TD, kind of intrigued by ammobox but...you say 'without the vinyl'. I'm probably getting the wrong end of the stick but isn't ammobox a means to load a sample and scratch it within Reaktor using one of the various timecode vinyls out there?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 29, 2008 2:30 am

muthafunka wrote:the various timecode vinyls out there?
that's what I was referring to. I didn't know how cheap or if you can get the vinyl separately, just googled, $12.

http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/Prod ... AKTORVINYL

so, if you have Reaktor, get the vinyl and ammobox and you're set.

I get the impression that the project isn't as solid as Nathan would like, hence the donations/reward. he did post a nice long scratch routine without glitches, I have no idea on the real state of the software.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

kpa

Post by kpa » Thu May 29, 2008 9:34 pm

kpa wrote:i have been trying to use ammobox in reaktor vst, but it says "Error when reading file ...ammobox.ens: Not a valid file!"

what am i doing wrong? i have used reaktor fine in the past. i am on PC, does this matter?

cheers,

kpa
io think this problem was due to the fact that i was using an older version of reaktor 5. i now have the latest update from the ni website, and i have ammobox running.

now i just have to figure out how to work it. i think perhaps the inputs from my deck aren't being reconised, as i can trigger the sample via midi, but cant yet scratch it.

as for a longer version of timecode someone asked for earlier, here is a link to a 16 minute timecode of serato http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/ ... n_id=20849

cheers,

kpa
Cryptomnesian - the recall of memories not recognised as such, but thought to be original ideas.
www.Cryptomnesian.com
www.myspace.com/thekpa
www.myspace.com/thebodesapha

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri May 30, 2008 1:26 am

Tone Deft wrote:
muthafunka wrote:the various timecode vinyls out there?
that's what I was referring to. I didn't know how cheap or if you can get the vinyl separately, just googled, $12.

http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/Prod ... AKTORVINYL

so, if you have Reaktor, get the vinyl and ammobox and you're set.
Awesome, thanks TD, cleared that up for me. Was also having a look at Ms Pinky but will give this a go for now, see if I can't find a rekka locally.

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:43 am

is hang the dj a seperate ensemble or is it all included in the ammbox zip??
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax