reverse in Live4 Beta?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ryst

reverse in Live4 Beta?

Post by ryst » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:13 pm

Question for all you beta testers.....How is the reverse function implemented in Live4?...can you reverse any clip in real time?

Post by .......... » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:37 pm

Yes very easy, its right int he clip window, you jsut press it and it instantly reverses.

ryst

Post by ryst » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:42 pm

Damn! with that response I just wet myself with excitement. Thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:45 pm

one other question. Can the reverse button be assigned to a midi controller so you can turn the reverse on and off on the fly at the push of a midi button/fader/key?

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:10 am

No

the reverse button is a part of the clip properties which cannot be automated via midi

neither can you control the reverse with clip envelopes

but this is not so bad, as you just could just create two copies of the clip within a session track, make one reversed and then switch between them using keys on your computer keyboard or MIDI keyboard that are assigned to the clip slots

regards

Paul Binns

ryst

Post by ryst » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:14 am

ahh....that makes sense. It would probably work best in legato mode. cool! Thanks!

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:53 am

one warning, according to the new manual, you should not use the reverse button in realtime. i know it can be done, and i've been doing it with no trouble, however the manual does state that the button actually writes a new temporary file and that is writing process can glitch and cause live to crash. so yes you can do it in realtime, bur if your really after quick "safe" reverses, look at the reversinator VST, it's free and works great.

the8bitdeity

Post by the8bitdeity » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:19 am

i'm a little dissappointed it's not a real time reverse, but with the current beta I figured a work around. I just copy the clip, reverse that, then in session view cut and paste what hit I want reversed. From there I consolidate into a new clip.

I'm actually very bummed there wasn't a real time parameter, but perhaps they can work on that for 4.1. :wink:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:33 am

it works for me in realtime, and i'm on mac no less!
i can see it struggling to redraw the waveform, but it hasnt glitched on me yet.

i'd do it in realtime in the studio, dunno about live tho with this threat of crashing. we'll see how it does on the final retail release of Live 4.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:30 am

if you want real time reverse get the reversinator from KVR-VST its a free VST can can revese the audio of any channel its on and is midi automatable in live

its amazing, i use it every day... more than once

you can reverse anything, period singing in real time and everything

yay