Native Live vocoder in the pipeline ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 pm

pulsoc wrote:
Robert Henke wrote: There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track.
FALSE!
Someday, (but maybe not before or if I get to the pearly gates) I will hopefully learn exactly what the significance of Daft Punk truly is.

I don't quite get it; they can write a pop single just fine, which I totally appreciate but their albums are littered with a whole lot of bad, boring songs with a few cool parts to them. They also sound quite "dated" to my ears and not in a good way. I guess by dated I mean played out. There are countless artists that have produced their "sound" first and then Daft Punk comes out with a song using glitchy vocoded samples and everyone cums all over themselves like they have never heard it done anywhere else before.

Couple that with the stupid cyber masks over their heads (do they really still do that?) and I'm not so sure it's anything more than a slighty embarresing novelty act.

Check out Matthew Herbert. He's not what I'd call totally under the radar but the lot of you sound like Daft Punk are innovators! To me, Daft Punk is a mainstream version of what good electronic music was 10 years ago. Check out something like MRI's "All that Glitters" for a true example of how to create a proper album and not just a single for an Axe cologne ad.

I suppose If I was spoon fed crap like Green Day my whole life I'd think Daft Punk were the second coming too... I guess it's all relevant.

Daft Punk bores me. There I said it.
Last edited by thelike5 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Cycling '74 have made clear that Max 5 is NOT the result of the partnership but that we will see the fruits of it at a later date.

I'm thinking some kind of interface between Max and Live that enables one to audition the Presentation Mode of a patch they're working on in Max inside Live as if it is any other plugin being used on a track.
Unsound Designer

boraxx

Post by boraxx » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:15 pm

you bore me

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:45 pm

boraxx wrote:you bore me
There's a well put, intelligent retort.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Sweet, my goal of causing a thread hijack about the merits of DP is almost complete.