i wanna go to berlin!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
KTG
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

i wanna go to berlin!!

Post by KTG » Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

wHY WHY WHY we don't have anything like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G0I6jtvaBUc


Where do you get those LED? any idea? Any poor man's version of LED? 8O

Dominik
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: dubai

Post by Dominik » Tue May 06, 2008 4:19 am

now i have time for you.
what's your issue? 8)

KTG
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

Post by KTG » Tue May 06, 2008 4:33 am

naah i was just really impressed with that Berlin club.

Also, I start to see lot's of those LEDs for visual for live shows lately. Just wondering where can you get those LEDs

Tone Deft
Posts: 23914
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 06, 2008 4:37 am

those aren't LEDs, they're just regular lights with gels on them or colored flood lights. a shitload of them, very cool. could be halogens, which last longer when you flash them but cost more and generate more heat.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

macmurphy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:21 am
Location: Emneth,Norfolk, UK

Post by macmurphy » Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 am

i wanna go to Damascus!

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Post by 8O » Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 am

i wanna go to NY!!
Image

Bagle
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Post by Bagle » Tue May 06, 2008 9:26 am

i agree, really wanna go to berlin, catch some minus shows

arg is only i wasnt a poor student with massive gear lust
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

Machinate
Posts: 11646
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Machinate » Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 am

Tone Deft wrote:those aren't LEDs, they're just regular lights with gels on them or colored flood lights. a shitload of them, very cool. could be halogens, which last longer when you flash them but cost more and generate more heat.
You're really really wrong.

http://www.roomdivision.com/2006/02/10/ ... te-berlin/

Awesome rig, and very inspirational - and EXPENSIVE, in spite of its DIY appeal :-/

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue May 06, 2008 1:26 pm

I wanna go to the moon?

Anyone been there...? :D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

KTG
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

Post by KTG » Tue May 06, 2008 3:34 pm

8O wrote:i wanna go to NY!!
Sure if you want to go there for other than electronic music reason :)

it must be fun/good time to be in Berlin right?

KTG
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

Post by KTG » Tue May 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Machinate wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:those aren't LEDs, they're just regular lights with gels on them or colored flood lights. a shitload of them, very cool. could be halogens, which last longer when you flash them but cost more and generate more heat.
You're really really wrong.

http://www.roomdivision.com/2006/02/10/ ... te-berlin/

Awesome rig, and very inspirational - and EXPENSIVE, in spite of its DIY appeal :-/

Hey machinate, thanks for the link. It is really cool to see the process of making that lights. Only if it was english :)

BongoBennie
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:34 am
Location: vegas
Contact:

Post by BongoBennie » Tue May 06, 2008 3:52 pm

I agree with the OP, were else can you find this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmI5zmFXd4
vegas sucks.
lights, drums, techno

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Post by 8O » Tue May 06, 2008 4:27 pm

KTG wrote:Sure if you want to go there for other than electronic music reason :)

it must be fun/good time to be in Berlin right?
Yeah, but these vagabond shoes are longing to stray... :)
Image

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by Moody » Tue May 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Fucking Awesome!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

blaugruen7
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:17 am
Location: berlin
Contact:

Post by blaugruen7 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:20 pm

i stay here. :-)

Post Reply