m audio sound cards dont work with sp3

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
nathannn

m audio sound cards dont work with sp3

Post by nathannn » Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 am

and there website says they dont know when they will have drivers for sp3...
it seems like these loons would have thought about this through the beta of sp3
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Olga

Re: m audio sound cards dont work with sp3

Post by Olga » Sun May 11, 2008 6:44 am

nathannn wrote:and there website says they dont know when they will have drivers for sp3...
it seems like these loons would have thought about this through the beta of sp3
M Audio sucks. If they went out of business, the audio world would be a better place. Smearing in the high end? tons. Smearing in the low end? tons. Absolute shit sound? 100%
You'd be better off mixing through your 1/8 inch port with Metallica blaring in the background and your TV turned up full blast on snow. Drivers? lol. Their website should have a date at which point they put out something worth a shit for sound quality. Probably the year 2179.

slicedbread

Post by slicedbread » Sun May 11, 2008 7:02 am

once upon a time maudio used to be great with drivers, support, so-so on quality, but since they got bought out by digi they've been going downhill into the consumer grade area.

moodyman

Post by moodyman » Sun May 11, 2008 9:20 am

my Delta Soundcards works good under sp3, no difference to sp2

blank

Post by blank » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 pm

what a big surprise

you will have to wait a year to see the first beta.
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

gusc

Post by gusc » Sun May 11, 2008 1:32 pm

What about USB MIDI? I'm using Axiom 61 - I must say no problems in that area, although I have M-Audio NRV10 firewire audio interface/mixer and it still lacks Vista/XP 64bit drivers and current drivers on Vista are crap.

Anyway does M-Audio USB MIDI drivers work in SP3?

aeon

Re: m audio sound cards dont work with sp3

Post by aeon » Mon May 12, 2008 10:22 am

my omnistudio usb works fine :) the last drivers released for it were in 2002, i think, so it's positively mesozoic, but still.

m-audio suck in a lot of ways, but i haven't noticed any
Olga wrote:Smearing in the high end?
nor any
Smearing in the low end?
digitally yours

rvltion909

Post by rvltion909 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm

:lol:

oh-oh me-too me-too (here are my 2 weeks later 2 cents)

I've used M-Audio since the Midiman days and have been a satisfied customer so far.

Now...maybe this is because (for the most part) Im highly unproductive when it comes to my setup and am very much a newbie to home recording as a whole.

I have a Delta 66 and did a decent amount of research before buying it. From what I saw M-Audio had a pretty good rep when it came to PCI cards (insert countless awards and articles on the old tried and tested Audiophile 24/96 here).

I've not really had any problems with it so far. Im running XP, with a Q6600 and 2G of RAM. The latest drivers for the thing were from 4/07. Browsing around the forum I've heard a bunch of trash talking about them since they were bought out by Avid. I honestly dont even pay too much attention to that sort of stuff and didnt pay it much mind when I heard.

Anybody out there with a similar set up have the same sort of experience with the Delta series as I have?

Hope I dont live to put my foot in my mouth on this one... :?

zsazsa

Post by zsazsa » Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 pm

I have an audiophile 2496 and it works flawlessly.
I don't really know whether i have sp3 cause i always just install the new updates without thinking about it.
I would expect the cumulative fixes i have are all part of sp3.
So uptill now no worries.

gomi

Post by gomi » Mon May 26, 2008 9:28 pm

slicedbread wrote:once upon a time maudio used to be great with drivers, support, so-so on quality, but since they got bought out by digi they've been going downhill into the consumer grade area.
actually they got bought out by Avid, who also bought out Digi.

blame Avid, they SUCK.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 26, 2008 9:29 pm

nnnnnnnathannnnn don't you use a creative labs sound blaster 16?
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"