Bug fix update Live 7.0.7 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Tue May 20, 2008 8:54 pm

liveISlife wrote:i gladly would of paided $800+ for this update
I would pay NOTHING for the next update (hopefully fixing two nasty bugs)

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Anubis wrote:Well I'm not naive enough to expect Ableton to give away future versions for free but... meanwhile...

I took the plunge and installed 7.0.7 and I think we got lucky! This bugfix appears to be much more stable. Amplitube 2 would occasionally crash previous versions but this one seems to handle it with ease... so far.
really?? good stuff cus just loading amplitube 2 would crash live, amplitube metal works fine, but im gonna go try amplitube 2 now.

evon

Post by evon » Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 pm

dphouse84 wrote:they should give the 7 owners a free upgrade to 8 like they did with the 6 owners.
esp after all the buggy probs i have had with 7.

or better yet

one thing i love about Rain and FL, they give you the upgrades for free for using their software.

then maybe more people would be interested in their add ons and instruments.

just my .02
MAKE THAT $100.02!
fe real!

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Yeah, Reaktor should be donationware, too.

patchdub

Post by patchdub » Sat May 24, 2008 2:04 am

in the new 7.0.7 my buffer preferences are are frozen at 256 samples. can't change them at all. anyone else getting this problem? in the future i would really like a pull down menu for the buffer size coz it has always been a bit of an issue getting a specific number.
infrasonic communication
http://www.patchdub.com/

patchdub

Post by patchdub » Sat May 24, 2008 2:10 am

figured out that its my digi 002 interface that is the problem. when i take it out of the audio output device the buffer works fine. i hate protools.
infrasonic communication

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat May 24, 2008 7:34 am

patchdub wrote:in the new 7.0.7 my buffer preferences are are frozen at 256 samples. can't change them at all. anyone else getting this problem? in the future i would really like a pull down menu for the buffer size coz it has always been a bit of an issue getting a specific number.
it gave me the shits until i realised you can type an exact number in those fields...

BassTooth

E Kick 7.wav fixed!!!

Post by BassTooth » Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm

E Kick 7.wav fixed!!! sweet.

patchdub

Post by patchdub » Sat May 24, 2008 8:30 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
patchdub wrote:in the new 7.0.7 my buffer preferences are are frozen at 256 samples. can't change them at all. anyone else getting this problem? in the future i would really like a pull down menu for the buffer size coz it has always been a bit of an issue getting a specific number.
it gave me the shits until i realised you can type an exact number in those fields...

that is sweet! nice one. thanks
infrasonic communication

raapie

Post by raapie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:19 am

I had a serious crash the second time I runned Live 7. bug reported it, but got no answer. got my money back, which is good. but the bug is still not solved I found out. very serious. I am on Live 6.10 now and maybe for the next couple of years. loved the 7 compressor a lot, but that's all.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

dave dominey

Re: ..

Post by dave dominey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 pm

raapie wrote:I had a serious crash the second time I runned Live 7. bug reported it, but got no answer. got my money back, which is good. but the bug is still not solved I found out. very serious. I am on Live 6.10 now and maybe for the next couple of years. loved the 7 compressor a lot, but that's all.
what was the crash related to?

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:55 pm

liveISlife wrote:i gladly would of paided $800+ for this update
wow, i def want some of what your smoking. :wink:
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

raapie

Post by raapie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:08 pm

dave dominey wrote:
raapie wrote:I had a serious crash the second time I runned Live 7. bug reported it, but got no answer. got my money back, which is good. but the bug is still not solved I found out. very serious. I am on Live 6.10 now and maybe for the next couple of years. loved the 7 compressor a lot, but that's all.
what was the crash related to?
external instruments. Reason 4.01 running. after the crash Reason was still running. but I needed to stop it and restart Live and Reason. I asked my money back and got it. it was during a weekend and I had this project for tv I needed to finish. I am now running Live 6.10 and it works great. only when I overdrive the effects weird stuff is happening and their seems to be a tempo change issue, but I can work around it.

I would love a more audio based application of Live, like it used to be, but I guess that will never happen.
Marco Raaphorst

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:33 pm

raapie wrote: I would love a more audio based application of Live, like it used to be, but I guess that will never happen.
Hi Marco
can you please elaborate on this? I'm really interested because as a fellow *long time* user of Live I felt Live 7 started to head in a direction I wasn't altogether comfortable with - I too remember Live 3 fondly and have made my feelings known well and truly, so I wont go on any more

there were a lot of additions to Live 7 I really am enjoying, but the overall function and work flow is the side I feel has been sadly neglected and desperately needs attention

Ableton have acknowledged this to their credit - and their strength as a company has always been paying close attention to users, hence why I am interested to hear some more detailed feedback from another long time user like yourself

raapie

Post by raapie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:57 pm

forge wrote:
Hi Marco
can you please elaborate on this? I'm really interested because as a fellow *long time* user of Live I felt Live 7 started to head in a direction I wasn't altogether comfortable with - I too remember Live 3 fondly and have made my feelings known well and truly, so I wont go on any more

there were a lot of additions to Live 7 I really am enjoying, but the overall function and work flow is the side I feel has been sadly neglected and desperately needs attention

Ableton have acknowledged this to their credit - and their strength as a company has always been paying close attention to users, hence why I am interested to hear some more detailed feedback from another long time user like yourself
(I am on MacBook Pro btw now, should update my details)

Thanks for this message. I think we think alike. I loved Live a couple of years back but felt the MIDI implementation changed the workflow. I must say some of the MIDI features of Live are done nicely and you can quickly edit midi stuff but still: I felt Live was a pure audio application. Version 3 on it's highlights and was expecting the timestretch to improve in newer versions and other audio manipulation tools. But I guess not.

Live is a DAW now. And Ableton is even selling orchester soundbanks, like Propellerhead and lots of others.

I would love to see an audio application only. The thing which I like about audio is that it's all combined. It's compact. MIDI doesn't make sound and you can start changing patches all the time. I want to simply record and CAPTURE something. Live + Reason should be a killer team. But Live now feels like just another DAW.

Maybe Melodyne will be interesting or ProTools. I guess their timestretch is better than in Live. But Ableton could have done this as well, but they are focussing on Doing It All. And I never feel this is good. Reason can do a few great things, but it will not do audio in or VST. Propellerhead is focussed and their code is the best. Reason is so stable. So the crash with Live7 really scared me. I am glad Ableton gave me my money back, but at the same time I was thinking: I should be changing my DAW. So maybe I will quit using Live one day. It has been fun for years I must say. And Ableton looks like a great company with nice people. Their support is great. But I want something else... and you too, it seems :-)
Marco Raaphorst