Bug fix update Live 7.0.7 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:12 am

Poster wrote:
bensuthers wrote:> There should be a bridge between the two, communicating back and forward,
> making it ONE product..
> so that linear arranging would become non-linear in a linear fashion....

there is. it's called the record button.
ok.. and then after recording from session>arrange, doing some tweaks, I want to drag the whole lot back to session again..

ain't gonna work..
Is there 'insert captured scene' or similar? It actually creates session clips and gaps in based on your arrangement.....

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:25 am

bensuthers wrote:
Poster wrote:
bensuthers wrote:> There should be a bridge between the two, communicating back and forward,
> making it ONE product..
> so that linear arranging would become non-linear in a linear fashion....

there is. it's called the record button.
ok.. and then after recording from session>arrange, doing some tweaks, I want to drag the whole lot back to session again..

ain't gonna work..
Is there 'insert captured scene' or similar? It actually creates session clips and gaps in based on your arrangement.....
now what about when you want to start recording automation?

there are 2 big decisions in the history of Live that I never understood and always felt were wrong

the first one was when deciding whether recording into arrange there should be new clips or the arrange should just reference the same clips - I feel they should be the same ones (aliases)

the second was how automation is recorded - we don't even need to go there, but suffice it to say, if you want to stay in session view then the current implementation means that you can't use automation

verbala

Post by verbala » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:22 am

I installed 7.0.7 today and now my 2 latest tracks won't open at all.. Ableton just hangs when trying to open them.. soo pissed.. I tried to uninstall 7.0.7 but that didn't work either.. I think the files are totally fucked. Whats weird too is that the back up files I made are also corrupt... anyone have any advice? feelin pretty low about this..

djc

Post by djc » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:49 pm

What is the best version of live 7? And if you have the download can you post it?
http://www.youtube.com/djcoolssm
http://www.twitter.com/coolssm

Live 8, E-mu 1616m, Emu Px-7, Krk Rp-5's, Ventura guitar, Korg D1200, Emax keyboard, many plugins, intel quad core q6600 processor, WinXP Pro, 500b hd, and 2gb's of ram.

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:18 pm

Live 7.0.7 (current version) works fine :-)

feldermelder

Live 7.07

Post by feldermelder » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 pm

There is a problem when i change parameters of audiofiles while they are loaded.
Ableton crashes everytime.

Is there something to be done? Is this problem already known?

fm

abort

Post by abort » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Whats the status of the 7.0.9, I know I can download it but for a limited time are we getting close to a new!!!! I'm excited about it.
Hello...anyone around :D alright all ready I'll shut myself up now ok :D