Vote for Hillary!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Now, who are you voting for?

Poll ended at Mon May 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Hillary Clinton (Yah Baby)
11%
Obama (official Hamas candidate)
66%
Ron Paul (He use Ableton Live)
20%
Ross Perot ( The best charts EVER)
No votes
John McCain (Is it nap time?)
3%

Total votes: 35

Hillary Clinton

Vote for Hillary!!!

Post by Hillary Clinton » Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm

If elected, I will provide full funding for all new features in Ableton. Double the wages of all working musician's. Breakup of all media monopolies and give music back to the people.

I am the Hostess with the Mostess, the boy toy extraordinaire!

carlv

Post by carlv » Wed May 14, 2008 10:33 pm

after Bill cheated on you did you take deepthroat lessons?

Barack Obama

Re: Vote for Hillary!!!

Post by Barack Obama » Wed May 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Hillary Clinton wrote:I am the Hostess with the Mostess, the boy toy extraordinaire!
Maybe for McCain or the Thompson Twats, bitch that snatch dried up 30 years ago.

Billary is planning on spending US dollars on a German company, nice plan. :roll: Better ask your husband about that one.

I say no more dependence on foreign DAWs!!

If elected I will set up a $100 million fund that will go towards DAW development every year. The monies from this fund will go to leading developers to make software BETTER than Live. I will take this DAW and make it freely available.

Hillary wants to send your money to Germany, I will keep it in the US while creating more jobs.

Suck it Hillary.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Barack Obama wrote:
Hillary Clinton wrote:I am the Hostess with the Mostess, the boy toy extraordinaire!
Maybe for McCain or the Thompson Twats, bitch that snatch dried up 30 years ago.

Billary is planning on spending US dollars on a German company, nice plan. :roll: Better ask your husband about that one.

I say no more dependence on foreign DAWs!!

If elected I will set up a $100 million fund that will go towards DAW development every year. The monies from this fund will go to leading developers to make software BETTER than Live. I will take this DAW and make it freely available.

Hillary wants to send your money to Germany, I will keep it in the US while creating more jobs.

Speaking of Germany, outsourcing in the in the US and Jobs - my man Thomas Sowell has something to say about that - very well put too

Jobs have become a big issue in this election year — which means that it is optimistic to expect a rational discussion.

Nothing is discussed more irrationally than "outsourcing." It is obviously completely misleading to discuss how many jobs American companies are sending to other countries without even mentioning how many jobs foreign countries are outsourcing to Americans.

Official statistics published last March in the Survey of Current Business showed an increase of 2.8 million jobs outsourced by American-owned multinational corporations during a quarter of a century ending in 2001. Over that same span of time, there was an increase of 4.7 million jobs outsourced to Americans by foreign-owned multinational corporations.

These numbers go back and forth over time. But they don't even exist in the rhetoric of those denouncing outsourcing.

Any laws passed to stop the outsourcing of American jobs to other countries are almost certain to bring laws in other countries to stop the outsourcing of jobs to Americans.

We had something like that during the Great Depression of the 1930s, when international trade restrictions were imposed in order to save jobs during a period of record unemployment. Countries around the world did the same thing, with the net result of a sharp reduction of international trade and a needless prolonging of the depression.

Many policies designed to "save jobs" have effects that are the opposite of their intentions. Germany has some of the strongest job protection laws in the world — and double-digit unemployment rates are common in Germany.

Job protection laws add to the cost of labor. These laws may save the jobs of those who already have jobs but the passage of time brings new young job applicants into the labor market and the high cost of labor means that employers have incentives to get their work done by substituting machines for workers or by shifting to producing products that require less labor.

Countries in the European Union as a whole have stronger job protection laws than the United States — and higher unemployment rates because their rate of job creation is much slower.

On the other end of the spectrum, there has probably never been any place with a more unrestricted labor market than Hong Kong when it was a British colony. Unemployment rates of one or two percent were common in Hong Kong then. After China took over Hong Kong, it created various new benefits for workers — and unemployment rates hit 7 percent, not high by European standards, but a multiple of what it had been for years.

What all this says, in various ways, is that there is no free lunch — not even during election years.
Last edited by djadonis206 on Wed May 14, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 pm

and pwnage did ensue... John Edwards is endorsing Obama tonight
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... ama-1.html
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Thu May 15, 2008 5:01 am

Ron Paul is using Ableton???? What a wanker!

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Thu May 15, 2008 5:42 am

Barack Obama wrote:

you know, my husband said that americans are so fucking retarded.
i could not believe, until now.

lvehon

Post by lvehon » Thu May 15, 2008 4:27 pm

lvehon

Post by lvehon » Thu May 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Dominik wrote:you know, my husband said that...
ahhh you're a chick, explains why you're always wrong.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Gotta say Hillary was pretty fucking hot back in the day... :twisted: 8O

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Thu May 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
you're right. i was lying! :roll:

i don't have a husband at all. :wink:

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm

lvehon wrote:Image

Saves to iphone...

And DIES....
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Dominik wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
you're right. i was lying! :roll:

i don't have a husband at all. :wink:
lmfao!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

landrvr1 wrote:Gotta say Hillary was pretty fucking hot back in the day... :twisted: 8O

???
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer