Euphonix Mc Control....(not so good for me)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Euphonix Mc Control....(not so good for me)

Post by Jekblad » Thu May 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know how the Mc Control worked.

Using Mackie Emulation you have motorized faders, mute, solo, record enable. That's it.

You cannot edit devices/plugins arrangement/session views. Sad Face.

I don't know if it's possible to reprogram it, since it sees totally logical that the 8 knobs would simluate the v-pots. Also, they did not ship the softkey editor, so i can't make ANY shortcuts.

I've been on the phone with Euphonix (who outlets their support to Obedia, which was a positive experience) and Sweetwater techs to try and come up with anything workable. Not so far. I still have 25 days left to return it.

If anyone finds a way to make this unit work... GREAT! Let me know. I'm going to continue tweaking too.

If all else fails.... Can someone recommend me a nice all in one control surface? I'm considering

BCR 2000 running mackie emulation

Remote Zero SL using Automap
Biggest problem with Remote is you still need to click with the mouse
I'm currently using iKey as mouse emulation software to click around
using hot keys, but results can be unpredictable when scrolling is
involved.
Your mom

Mackie Control itself
(but i really don't want to.... a little big for me. (...that's what she said))

I'm looking for basic hands free operation. I use Live as a "conventional" DAW at home, but want good Session vew control for live performance.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Jekblad

fooked? nice word fo sho

Post by Jekblad » Thu May 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I was aware Live doesn't support Eucon protocol, but shoulda done fine using mackie emu. Can you edit plugs and efx with the mix? or.. could you when you had it?

Also, in case anyone wonders Ableton told my obedia rep that they have no plans to implement it yet. Don't hold yer breath.

evanb

Post by evanb » Thu May 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I would love to hear this myself. Although I am somewhat happy with the Remote Zero...I would like to get the motorized faders not for cool factor but just so the sliders stay where they actually are for each track when switching between sends and such. The ability to launch and record clips individually is also a big benefit.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu May 15, 2008 6:24 pm

yeah it would be so dope if it did what made us happy

three

Post by three » Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 pm

evanb wrote:I would love to hear this myself. Although I am somewhat happy with the Remote Zero...I would like to get the motorized faders not for cool factor but just so the sliders stay where they actually are for each track when switching between sends and such. The ability to launch and record clips individually is also a big benefit.
Yes Yes Yes.

I love the Remote Zero, but not having motorfaders makes it 10% as useful as it would be with them.

Chris

heavensdaw

Re: Euphonix Mc Control....(not so good for me)

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 pm

[quote="Jekblad"
If all else fails.... Can someone recommend me a nice all in one control surface? I'm considering

involved.
Your mom

Mackie Control itself

I'm looking for basic hands free operation. I use Live as a "conventional" DAW at home, but want good Session vew control for live performance.[/quote]

Hi.
Where are you at with your search?... I'm in the same boat here... Not a simple choice if you ask me :? In fact really fooking difficult!

I'm also considering the BCF to go with the BCR and an Akia MPD 32.

D'you know how simple it is to set up the Behringer controllers? And do you need to use third party apps to get the most out of them?

Regarding the MCU, it seems ready to rock straight out the box, nice LCD feedback and all.. But.. It's BIG, expensive (the behringers have more direct hands on control AND visual feedback when used wiyh a program called Huskerview), unless you go for the C4 Mackie add on. But I bet the Mackies win on build quality/feel over the BCF/R's...

The Remote zero sl has really mixed reviews, the faders are wank, the rotaries are meant to feel pretty clicky. But you do get the LCD visual feedback. From what Iv'e read the automap can get in the way at times, but obviously it the main thing when it comes to the Remote sl range.. Now there's the Nocturn....could be a contender! SHIT!

The Akia looks good for both studio and live that's a plus..

I've also been considering the new Vestax VCM 600 (here's a blog link http://alblog1.wordpress.com/2008/03/01 ... x-vcm-600/) . But would it cut it in the studio?... Ie no endless encoders, or motorized faders..

*heads buzzing like a goodun*

Gonna go watch the Croatia Germany match, do some work in the veggie garden and mull it over a bit MORE!!

Best

Hd

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 pm

hey man,

I did go with the novatin remote zero and a korg padcontrol.

It's been going pretty well so far, but i need to get a custom patch written for the pk.

Also, the novation sometimes behaves weirdly, as in a i can't get it to control the ONE knob i want, every once in awhile, but i still feel it's a good product.

good luck.

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:46 pm

heavensdaw wrote:[quote="Jekblad"

involved.
Your mom

Mackie Control itself

I'm looking for basic hands free operation. I use Live as a "conventional" DAW at home, but want good Session vew control for live performance.

Hi.
Where are you at with your search?... I'm in the same boat here... Not a simple choice if you ask me :? In fact really fooking difficult!

I'm also considering the BCF to go with the BCR and an Akia MPD 32.

D'you know how simple it is to set up the Behringer controllers? And do you need to use third party apps to get the most out of them?

Regarding the MCU, it seems ready to rock straight out the box, nice LCD feedback and all.. But.. It's BIG, expensive (the behringers have more direct hands on control AND visual feedback when used wiyh a program called Huskerview), unless you go for the C4 Mackie add on. But I bet the Mackies win on build quality/feel over the BCF/R's...

The Remote zero sl has really mixed reviews, the faders are wank, the rotaries are meant to feel pretty clicky. But you do get the LCD visual feedback. From what Iv'e read the automap can get in the way at times, but obviously it the main thing when it comes to the Remote sl range.. Now there's the Nocturn....could be a contender! SHIT!

The Akia looks good for both studio and live that's a plus..

I've also been considering the new Vestax VCM 600 (here's a blog link http://alblog1.wordpress.com/2008/03/01 ... x-vcm-600/) . But would it cut it in the studio?... Ie no endless encoders, or motorized faders..

*heads buzzing like a goodun*

Gonna go watch the Croatia Germany match, do some work in the veggie garden and mull it over a bit MORE!!

Best

Hd[/quote]

Hi @heaven,
what is this "Huskerview" program you speak of? I cannot find it on Google... whould you mind? thanks.
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:57 pm

the mackie c4 is not supported in live

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Mesmer wrote:
Hd
Hi @heaven,
what is this "Huskerview" program you speak of? I cannot find it on Google... whould you mind? thanks.[/quote]

Sorry typoo! it's Huskervu

Hd

sans soleil

Post by sans soleil » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:22 pm

novation nocturn is worth a look...i really like mine, though i take it that you can't record automapped parameters into live (at least i haven't figured it out yet...anyone know how ?)