Bob's Moog's Birthday + working @ Moog

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
annadyne

Bob's Moog's Birthday + working @ Moog

Post by annadyne » Fri May 23, 2008 5:42 pm

i am now temping @ Moog calibrating/tuning Voyagers and also training in repairing them. The demo room is right beside me. Very very nice quirky crew here. They love Ableton! Have been invited to bring in my electrocomp 101 and fix it up.

We celebrated Bob's birthday today with some homemade brownies. Bob loved brownies.

Happy Birthday Bob - We love you!

Elizabeth

PS Got to play the prototype of the 'new' device. Fun and very tundra (cool)!
~ Female vocalist meets chthonic glitcherie ~
https://sealtlab.bandcamp.com/album/s20 ... erzglimmer

mbp 13". 10.11.6. L10.1.x suite. microphone. sony d100. scrap metal. push 2. livid code. blofeld. et al.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri May 23, 2008 5:45 pm

that sounds like a really cool gig! enjoy the "brownies". If you start feeling a little light headed and happy, just go with it...

funkdefino

Post by funkdefino » Fri May 23, 2008 7:05 pm

I want a job at Moog... How do I get one?
What is that? A .38?

38, 39, whatever it takes.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 23, 2008 7:08 pm

anna - any guitars laying around there? pics please. :D

congrats on the gig, nice place to start, mind yourself and you can make a nice career out of that place. thing is, after a few years there it'll carry on the resume, maybe keep you IN the tech end of the music industry. or stay there and get more involved in Moog.

guitar pics please.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri May 23, 2008 7:30 pm

I bought a Memorymoog with the tiny $2000 inheritance I got from my grandmother dying, sent it to Germany to get the Lintronics mod, and now I'm basically going to be buried with the thing.

People who don't know, don't get it, but Moogs and other older analog synths just sound better than soft synths, and the user interface invites you in, instead of makes you think about MIDI cc's, 128 parameter limits and latency.....

That's a really cool job! 8)

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 pm

I saw a documentary about Moog the other night and Bob Moog seemed like a great guy really down to earth and had some great ideas and theories..

Legend.
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Fri May 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Tone Deft wrote:anna - any guitars laying around there? pics please. :D

congrats on the gig, nice place to start, mind yourself and you can make a nice career out of that place. thing is, after a few years there it'll carry on the resume, maybe keep you IN the tech end of the music industry. or stay there and get more involved in Moog.

guitar pics please.
+1
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri May 23, 2008 10:48 pm

What a cool job you have! Like Tone Deft and others requested, if you have any pics of the factory, especially things you personally find interesting, it would be cool to see them. Moog changed the world forever and we here (who doesn't?) LOVE him for it.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri May 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Congrats! I did a research paper on how the Minimoog changed music with this book as my primary source of info- http://www.amazon.com/Analog-Days-Inven ... 878&sr=1-1

When is a rackmount version of the Lil Phatty going to be released?

Cheers and good luck to you with one of the coolest internships ever!

dankusCDW

Post by dankusCDW » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Analog Days is a very good book, covers Moog, Alan R. Perlman and Don Buchla amongst others...

Also check out "My Life in Music" by Ichiro Kekehachi, the founder of Roland. Lest we forget that that Japanese also were part of the electronic revolution!

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Sat May 24, 2008 1:29 am

dankusCDW wrote:Analog Days is a very good book, covers Moog, Alan R. Perlman and Don Buchla amongst others...

Also check out "My Life in Music" by Ichiro Kekehachi, the founder of Roland. Lest we forget that that Japanese also were part of the electronic revolution!
Rad! I definitely will check that book out. However, Moog was still the first company to put out a portable and performance friendly pre-patched synth which is the Minimoog. Its funny how the minimoog was originally created to use as a demo model of Moog Modulars configured in a common patch for "standard" sounds programmed by musicians or studio engineers.

Moog was first but did not come up with the 909, 808, 303, Junos, Jupiters, etc.....