Why We Go to Concerts but Don't Buy CDs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dominik

Post by Dominik » Mon May 26, 2008 2:06 am

OT:
mr.bricks talked about freedom in afganistan?
350 billion dollar went in the pocket of fucking nazi berlussconyss and all the fucking peace of rich shit.
oh,excuse me.
"they" don't know about nothing.
LIAR.

edit:

GERMANMOTHERFUCKINGNAZIS..i stop now.

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Mon May 26, 2008 2:08 am

go ahead!
don't want to interrupt the thread. :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 26, 2008 2:19 am

hey dominik! you still on?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Mon May 26, 2008 2:25 am

Tone Deft wrote:hey dominik! you still on?
yep.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 am

Dominik wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:hey dominik! you still on?
yep.
STFU BITCH!!!
;) :lol:

my stupid $0.02... later this summer I'm seeing Modest Mouse with REM at a very cool local venue (the Greek in Berkeley), I own no Modest Mouse albums (legal or not), I haven't listened to REM in probably 10 years but this will be a great concert.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon May 26, 2008 1:26 pm

sweetjesus wrote:its about piracy and its totally fucked

my labels releases are often pirated within hours of release..

sites like rapidshare.com and megaupload.com are taking in bucketloads of cash from pirated content.

pirate forums make thousands of dollars per week from advertising revenue

and sites like blogspot.com would barely have anything worth checking out for many people if it were not for pirated content.
wow. kinda makes me think that perhaps its time to rethink your marketing strategy. how about a small fee and people can download your albums and do what the fuck they want with them?

nah, the music industry has always fought technology advancement.
well then, suit yourself for loosing out then.

the only reason why the major labels is still fighting this instead of just letting it go and start making money in other ways (for example like the piratebay does, which pissed everyone off so much: by advertising ont heir site. yep, thats where they get their money), for example releasing the music free to download if you pay a small fee per month or whatever.

the reason they fight this is because piracy lets the market roam free, which in turn means that the major labels cant go on with their payola system, mindfucking us all into believing that pussycat dolls is the best group ever and that we have to buy 10k billion albums with them.

for me, i buy records whenever i can IF its not on a major label, and IF i can find it (which is pretty damn hard considering how the only crap you can find here is mainstream pop and all that crap constantly playing on the radio, which is just what the major labels are striving for).

its quite funny, without filesharing i wouldnt even listen to the music i listen to now and produces myself, simply because you cant find it without filesharing here. well you CAN if you first heaer about it from someone, and then finally find it to buy somewhere.

then again, ive spent a shitload of money on concerts for these artists, and when discussing filesharing with them they all agree that its a good thing since it helps them expand their fanbase.

hmmm..

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon May 26, 2008 2:38 pm

forge wrote:thing it's easy to forget is I didn't often used to pay for music in the 80s or 90s either - it was always taped onto casette
Back then, the recording industry's alarming rallying cry was "Home taping is killing music!"

Makes me think of the adage "the more things change, the more they stay the same"