ABLETON- ADD ADULT CONTENT WARNING OR FIX YOUR FUNKING FORUM

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dcease
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:43 am

Post by dcease » Mon May 26, 2008 6:42 pm


pabloaugustus
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: humboldt county, ca

Post by pabloaugustus » Mon May 26, 2008 11:39 pm

kabelton wrote:
the porn issues are annoying, but they were deleted after a short time... so... they are just some stupid porn pictures.... nothing special....
not necessarily true....at least one of them linked to .exe files which were probably viruses or spyware, not innocuous and not harmless.

I don't know why HTML even needs to be allowed on this forum, well, I guess those live screenshots can be occasionally useful.
Thinkpad 2.0GHz, 2GigsRam, MOTU Traveler, Live 6.05, BFD, Triton Extreme w/Moss, PC2R, K2000

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Why is it, the same people who want equal rights for all, are the same people who deny smokers their right to smoke in public places?

and

people make the decision to have kids just like people make the decision not to have kids
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 am

djadonis206 wrote:Why is it, the same people who want equal rights for all, are the same people who deny smokers their right to smoke in public places?
because your right to smoke impinges on someone elses right not to

20% people smoke where I live, why should the 80% have to breathe their smoke?

silly fuckers anyway smokers, my father died at 56 because of it

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 am

forge wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:Why is it, the same people who want equal rights for all, are the same people who deny smokers their right to smoke in public places?
because your right to smoke impinges on someone elses right not to

20% people smoke where I live, why should the 80% have to breathe their smoke?

silly fuckers anyway smokers, my father died at 56 because of it
Personally I don't smoke and really don't hang out with people who do

however

someones right not to smoke impinges on someones right to smoke

if we go by majorities rule then, well we're asking for trouble. over 50% of the population of California is Mexican, should they change the official language of California?

Over 50% of people don't drink, should we outlaw drinking?

just food for thought
Last edited by djadonis206 on Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

fishmonkey
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 am

i guess some people want the right to choose which toxins to put in their body and when... go figure...
Last edited by fishmonkey on Tue May 27, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue May 27, 2008 1:29 am

djadonis206 wrote:
forge wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:Why is it, the same people who want equal rights for all, are the same people who deny smokers their right to smoke in public places?
because your right to smoke impinges on someone elses right not to

20% people smoke where I live, why should the 80% have to breathe their smoke?

silly fuckers anyway smokers, my father died at 56 because of it
Personally I don't smoke and really don't hang out with people who do

however

someones right not to smoke impinges on someones right to smoke

if we go by majorities rule then, well we're asking for trouble. over 50% of the population of California is Mexican, should they change the official language of California?

Over 50% of people don't drink, should we outlaw drinking?

just food for thought
bullshit! my right to not smoke doesnt affect a smoker in any way, but him smoking in my face makes me breathe it too! :wink:

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:52 am

So, what you're saying is your rights are more important than others?

again, I don't smoke and would rather not breath cigarette smoke, and I voted to have smoking banned from clubs


can we vote on this spam thing? what if some people actually don't mind the spam, they have a right to not mind, just like people have a right to mind

I believe it should be up to the owner of said establishment (Ableton) to decide what's cool and what's not cool, not random forum members...that's when we get into the my way or the highway stuff

if Abletons ok with it, than well?
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue May 27, 2008 2:05 am

djadonis206 wrote:So, what you're saying is your rights are more important than others?

again, I don't smoke and would rather not breath cigarette smoke, and I voted to have smoking banned from clubs


can we vote on this spam thing? what if some people actually don't mind the spam, they have a right to not mind, just like people have a right to mind

I believe it should be up to the owner of said establishment (Ableton) to decide what's cool and what's not cool, not random forum members...that's when we get into the my way or the highway stuff

if Abletons ok with it, than well?
SHUT UP!

:lol:

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:08 am

forge wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:So, what you're saying is your rights are more important than others?

again, I don't smoke and would rather not breath cigarette smoke, and I voted to have smoking banned from clubs


can we vote on this spam thing? what if some people actually don't mind the spam, they have a right to not mind, just like people have a right to mind

I believe it should be up to the owner of said establishment (Ableton) to decide what's cool and what's not cool, not random forum members...that's when we get into the my way or the highway stuff

if Abletons ok with it, than well?


SHUT UP!

:lol:

I know, I know ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

fishmonkey
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 27, 2008 2:15 am

djadonis206 wrote:So, what you're saying is your rights are more important than others?

again, I don't smoke and would rather not breath cigarette smoke, and I voted to have smoking banned from clubs
your argument is too simplistic, since the right to do whatever the fuck we want has to be balanced with our responsibility to not harm others, and other people's rights to not be harmed by your actions, if they choose not to be...

using your logic, people who wanna wander around in public firing their guns at whenever they feel like it (without joining the armed forces first) should be allowed to...

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:19 am

Smoking is legal, firing guns at people is not

the argument is all within the institutional framework that's been set up by the voters and the law makers

so, if it's legal for people to smoke ... and the rest of the same argument follows
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft
Posts: 24154
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 27, 2008 2:21 am

fishmonkey wrote:your argument is too simplistic, since the right to do whatever the fuck we want has to be balanced with our responsibility to not harm others, and other people's rights to not be harmed by your actions, if they choose not to be...
hehehehehehe

Image

cousin, the results are good, the money is better.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

fishmonkey
Posts: 4218
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Post by fishmonkey » Tue May 27, 2008 2:26 am

i'm not necessarily talking about firing guns at people, a better analogy would be shooting at street signs... maybe a ricochet or two might nip off someone's earlobe, or take out an eye...

people are allowed to use guns is certain contexts, and they're allowed to smoke in certain contexts...

dj_huck
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:19 pm

Post by dj_huck » Tue May 27, 2008 3:32 am

typical ableton forum discussion. way to stay on topic. way to be civil to each other. the smoking argument is ridiculous. i think that porn is not the only problem on this forum. 4000+ post pricks are a problem too

Post Reply