Pad Kontrol set up help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wildcon

Pad Kontrol set up help

Post by wildcon » Tue May 27, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find any posts.

I've got Pad Kontrol ready to go for the Ableton drum racks.

I've got PK on Scene 1 (I'm sure I read this was the default)

But - Nothing.

I know the controler is being recognised as Ive midi mapped one of the knobs and it's fine.

Could someone advise me on how to set it up.

Many Thanks

:)
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

stutter

Post by stutter » Wed May 28, 2008 5:24 pm

gave this reply to someone else before and it worked for them
if you have Live 7 and Drum Racks...

First, you need the padkontrol (pK) to be set with the first factory default scene, KORG Std. 1 - you could load this from your cd or pK instalation folder. Alternatively you can reset the pK to factory defaults. You might want to save your scenes first. To do this
- Hold [Scene] and press [fixed velocity]
- Use encoder to select [All]
- Press [Setting]

now select scene 1.

- Open Preferences - (Ctrl) and (,) - go to the midi page.
- In the Instruments section at the top select padKontrol in the first column, and padkontrol port A in the second corresponding column.
- Close the preferences.
- Load a drum rack.
- hit the pads - they should correspond to the visible pads on the drum rack chain selector - drag that about and they will remap. This is much more flexible than a "right click, midi learn" approach.

the pK itself cannot switch octave. Using this method will do the trick. If you don't like it, place a Pitch plug-in in front of whatever instrument you are using, and map a pK knob to that.
if you want to use the pK with Impulse then you just need to set up 8 pads to play the notes C4-C5 (as displayed on the pK) - read the manual if you don't know how to do that.

Destro

Re: Pad Kontrol set up help

Post by Destro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

stutter, you are THE MAN!